• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Murder of George Floyd & Subsequent Protests/Riots

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
You need to stop acting hysterical and start being rational. I get it, you're scared. The smell from the pissing pants in 2016 was already stinnking up the place, and now feces are being added to the mix. Learn some control. You know who else lets their emotions determine their reaction to things? Rioters. Stop acting like you're better than them when you're not. You'd support the break out of a civil war just because you're scared (as I'd discussed earlier). Do you really think things will become more peaceful if Trump brings in the military? Stop being an emotional wreck and try thinking for a change.

If a civil war breaks out, it is on you for voting for a baby. Riots might still be going on anyway, but I hardly think a giant baby is the best person to deal with them.

If nobody else is condemning these riots, then I am better than them. And that's not on me.

You're right about the emotional part, I'll own that. I don't actually mean to take it out on anyone here. It's not fear though- there will never be riots where I live, and even if there were we're all well armed and close knit. I'll work on thinking clearly later. Right now I'm a little busy watching a homeless man try to at least salvage the mattress from the flaming pile of his belongings, rioters blocking firefighters from trying to rescue a child from a building that they set on fire, people getting dragged under trucks, people getting beat to pulps by groups, people attempting to destroy historical landmarks, etc. I don't expect any of my rational faculties will return until this ends, but I don't think my feelings on the matter are even close to unreasonable.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You're right about the emotional part, I'll own that. I don't actually mean to take it out on anyone here. It's not fear though- there will never be riots where I live, and even if there were we're all well armed and close knit. I'll work on thinking clearly later. Right now I'm a little busy watching a homeless man try to at least salvage the mattress from the flaming pile of his belongings, rioters blocking firefighters from trying to rescue a child from a building that they set on fire, people getting dragged under trucks, people attempting to destroy historical landmarks, etc. I don't expect any of my rational faculties will return until this ends, but I don't think my feelings on the matter are even close to unreasonable.

It's not a good situation, but at least we have a responsible person at the helm. Oh wait, we don't.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If nobody else is condemning these riots, then I am better than them. And that's not on me.

You're right about the emotional part, I'll own that. I don't actually mean to take it out on anyone here. It's not fear though- there will never be riots where I live, and even if there were we're all well armed and close knit. I'll work on thinking clearly later. Right now I'm a little busy watching a homeless man try to at least salvage the mattress from the flaming pile of his belongings, rioters blocking firefighters from trying to rescue a child from a building that they set on fire, people getting dragged under trucks, people getting beat to pulps by groups, people attempting to destroy historical landmarks, etc. I don't expect any of my rational faculties will return until this ends, but I don't think my feelings on the matter are even close to unreasonable.

That was Info Wars filming that, does it occur to you why they were there and no where else? Or that the man is homeless? I'm not saying they set it but I am saying they are human garbage, every last one, well before this incident.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This shit is way worse than the LA riots (which I remember), and they called in the army for that one. Martial law is coming. And if you think cops are trigger happy....

These riots will probably drag on for a while then. And no, I don't think that means the fact that I need to apologize for not voting for a piece of shit who escalated the situation. Sorry, but people who brushed aside all the acts of police brutality and so forth almost certainly have a role to play. If I have a role to play, it's that I wasn't following this stuff earlier. I don't think i'm responsible just because I'm not the sort of person who brushes off murer as a "mere mistake." The fact that so many people treat these things as "mere mistakes" is why we have fucking riots now.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
These riots will probably drag on for a while then. And no, I don't think that means the fact that I need to apologize for not voting for a piece of shit who escalated the situation. Sorry, but people who brushed aside all the acts of police brutality and so forth almost certainly have a role to play. If I have a role to play, it's that I wasn't following this stuff earlier. I don't think i'm responsible just because I'm not the sort of person who brushes off murer as a "mere mistake." The fact that so many people treat these things as "mere mistakes" is why we have fucking riots now.

Trump sat in his bunker like a little bitch for three days tweeting like a petulant child in his diary after being sent to his room. I'm not sure how many matches he added to the texas sized dumpster fire of national vitriol going on right now, but I do think that years of cultivating a narrative that america is systematically racist added a lot more than Trump ever could. I don't see any evidence of racism in any legal, written, actually-exists-in-tangible-form system. I see a fuck ton of evidence for police brutality, though. I hate protesters, but I hate bad cops even more. I might even go to that one. But what can we do about it? How do we give cops the ability to defend us and themselves without going too far? If we made it so that only good people could become cops, we would have 5 cops.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

So that Trump can pose with a Bible in front of a church and threaten military action.

This is making me feel sick.

From Washington Post:Episcopal bishop on President Trump: ‘Everything he has said and done is to inflame violence’

“I am the bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington and was not given even a courtesy call, that they would be clearing [the area] with tear gas so they could use one of our churches as a prop,” Budde said.

She excoriated the president for standing in front of the church — its windows boarded up with plywood — holding up a Bible, which Budde said “declares that God is love.”

“Everything he has said and done is to inflame violence,” Budde of the president. “We need moral leadership, and he’s done everything to divide us, and has just used one of the most sacred symbols of the Judeo-Christian tradition.”

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Trump sat in his bunker like a little bitch for three days tweeting like a petulant child in his diary after being sent to his room. I'm not sure how many matches he added to the texas sized dumpster fire of national vitriol going on right now, but I do think that years of cultivating a narrative that america is systematically racist added a lot more than Trump ever could. I don't see any evidence of racism in any legal, written, actually-exists-in-tangible-form system. I see a fuck ton of evidence for police brutality, though. I hate protesters, but I hate bad cops even more. I might even go to that one. But what can we do about it? How do we give cops the ability to defend us and themselves without going too far? If we made it so that only good people could become cops, we would have 5 cops.

I think the only proof you need of systematic racism is if you look at who is disproportionality the victim of police brutality. Hell, you can find systemic racism if you look at who was disproportionately arrested for marijuana possession (plenty of white people use marijuana; you may have noticed). You can also look at systemic racism if you look at where they build grocery stores or incomes. There is lots of hard data on this.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Nobody here condones looting or violence.

But one has to think critically about the circumstances which allow for people to engage in such behavior when the opportunity presents itself. It’s easy to dismiss groups of people as inherently bad or culturally corrupt/savage. What I see are people without hopes and dreams, people without a future, people with nothing to lose.

How did we let ourselves get to this point?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Most Looters Are Young Philadelphians Not Associated With the Protests, DA Says

So far, [DA Larrry Krasner] said, the looting videos have shown different crowds from those protesting.

“They don't seem to be carrying signs, talking about political issues or talking about police accountability, they don't seem to have t-shirts on that are political in nature,” he said. “They seem to be committing opportunistic crimes and they seem to be doing it within the context of peaceful protest.”

Video Shows Someone Deliberately Hitting a Protester With Their Car During a George Floyd Protest in Denver

A car drove straight through a crowd of demonstrators protesting the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis on Thursday and then deliberately turned to hit a protester before fleeing the scene, a bystander video posted to Twitter shows.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All I could think of when we saw the live news:

"Please don't hurt them. Please don't beat the protesters. Wake the fuck up!" :cry:

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I think the only proof you need of systematic racism is if you look at who is disproportionality the victim of police brutality. Hell, you can find systemic racism if you look at who was disproportionately arrested for marijuana possession (plenty of white people use marijuana; you may have noticed). You can also look at systemic racism if you look at where they build grocery stores or incomes. There is lots of hard data on this.

Find me a law. Or a company policy. Or a piece of social etiquette accepted in civil society. The hard data you cite is merely a correlation without explicit causation. It's a good indicator that it's worth looking at, in depth. I'm not saying there isn't anything there. Just nothing I've been made aware of yet on a systemic level that isn't just a conspiracy theory. Find something real, or solid, and I don't think any less than 99 percent of americans will side with you without effort in addressing it.