• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random political thought thread.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"We know you don't support the constitution".

Lol, that's true
People who don't support the constitution are free to find another nation whose foundational principles are more to their liking.

yeghor

People who don't support the constitution are free to find another nation whose foundational principles are more to their liking.
Maybe they can separate from US and make their own nation based on their own principles and constitution.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe they can separate from US and make their own nation based on their own principles and constitution.
They can have Texas, just like the old days.

yeghor

They can have Texas, just like the old days.
Wouldn't it be interesting if they did that and then Xi Jinping's foreign minister paid there a visit and then they decided to invite China to establish a military presence in Texas as a deterrent against invasion by US?

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wouldn't it be interesting if they did that and then Xi Jinping's foreign minister paid there a visit and then they decided to invite China to establish a military presence in Texas as a deterrent against invasion by US?
Mexico can already do that.

Next?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
..."Have you noticed, that when he talks about this this and says 'Oh these bad things might happen,' he does nothing to cool the waters. He doesn't try to to calm his base at all; he just says, 'oh this bad stuff will happen,' and he normalizes it. This is a man who knows the power of his voice; he knows the power of his words, he got to watch it live on tv on the 6th while they were putting themselves at risk..."

"Patriots don't want to rip their country apart."​

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
1663364301933.png

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

Just a few off the top of the pile,
DeSantis certainly seems to like to paint himself as an authoritarian bigot. (or at least doing everything to indicate he is while nothing, not even the bare minimum to indicate to the contrary) Nice clear easy to understand dog whistles, obviously hateful legislation, loves to cheapen human life, even his own kid, down to political stunts...what really gets me is how easy it seems his hateful, unstable message has seemed to sink so quick and easy into some people. It's like they forget that if a man will use his own kid as pawn for politics...what do they think he'll do to tools like them, when they're no longer convenient or useful? Though, what am I talking about, authoritarians will always have uses for blunt instruments eaten up with enough insecurity to be useful. Because it doesnt matter to authoritarians how many people suffer and die as long as they arent one of them....But some people like to handle snakes I guess. I don't get it, there are far more enjoyable, far less sad cults to join apart from maga. hell there are even cults to actual demons that seem less hateful and death obsessed...what I don't understand is that DeSantis really cultivates that polished bad guy in the south image from like the dukes of hazard and Smokey and the Bandit era of movies... 30 years ago, guys like DeSantis were seemingly viewed as someone who would have been played by Lane Smith in the 90's...but even putting all that aside...one would have to work very hard to not see it...which makes me wonder...why fan for an authoritarian bigot...unless...

Jinkies gang....what a mystery.