• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jesus and Oedipus

Mole

Permabanned
Oedipus is a metaphor for our desire to love our mother and hate our father, and Electra is a metaphor for our desire to love our father and hate our mother.

Jesus is the opposite metaphor: Jesus is a metaphor for being hated by our father and loved by our mother.

So Jesus and Oedipus are two sides of the same coin.

Mole

Permabanned
Metaphor and Good Taste

Oedipus is a metaphor for our desire to love our mother and hate our father, and Electra is a metaphor for our desire to love our father and hate our mother.

Jesus is the opposite metaphor: Jesus is a metaphor for being hated by our father and loved by our mother.

So Jesus and Oedipus are two sides of the same coin.

And metaphors, like poetry propaganda and mbti, are neither true nor false, rather they are plausible or implausible.

The vulgar believe that metaphors are literally true. So the vulgar believe the Oedipus complex is literally true, the vulgar believe Jesus is literally true, and the vulgar believe mbti is literally true.

And good taste is being able to tell the difference between metaphor and the literally true.

So is it possible to educate our taste?

Lark

So Jesus and Oedipus are two side of the same coin.

Interesting but I wrong.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You sure are like a mole in many ways as you think you dig deep but really what you are inventing is the submarine to go to the Mariana trench of nonsense.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Meanwhile, in the news, Mole's war on mbti rages on...

Mole

Permabanned
The Vulgar and the Vulgate

It would be unnatural for me not to be rejected by the vulgar, as the vulgar have a long and illustrious history.

As the original Bible was written in that language of good taste, Ancient Greek. But naturally it was inaccessible for the vulgar, so the Ancient Greek Bible of good taste was transcribed and translated for the vulgar. And naturally the new vulgar Bible was called the Vulgate, the Bible for the vulgar.

So the Vulgate, the vulgar Bible, corrupted our good taste, and today we glory in our vulgarity, and ostracise anyone with good taste.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It would be unnatural for me not to be rejected by the vulgar, as the vulgar have a long and illustrious history.

As the original Bible was written in that language of good taste, Ancient Greek. But naturally it was inaccessible for the vulgar, so the Ancient Greek Bible of good taste was transcribed and translated for the vulgar. And naturally the new vulgar Bible was called the Vulgate, the Bible for the vulgar.

So the Vulgate, the vulgar Bible, corrupted our good taste, and today we glory in our vulgarity, and ostracise anyone with good taste.

I just think your war (as I jokingly call it) on mbti is a useless endeavor. Noone is asking you to believe in mbti, or to leave this forum because you don't. It isn't that it offends me, not in the slightest, but from where I'm standing I think you are wasting your time.

You are actually an interesting debator, so why waste your capacity for debate on something as trivial as mbti?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
We read it as nonsense when we don't understand it.

Lack of understanding goes both directions on the totem pole. Can we claim to understand plants and flowers or stars?. You may fall ether way as there is a horseshoe effect with intelligence that if someone doesn't make sense they must be ether IQ of 200 or 2. Broaden your horizons and you will find enlightenment.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In this cult, any critique of mbti is conflated into a war, as a way of silencing the critic.

I have no desire to silence you. I use the term "war" jokingly, and thus in good taste. ;)

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just think your war (as I jokingly call it) on mbti is a useless endeavor. Noone is asking you to believe in mbti, or to leave this forum because you don't. It isn't that it offends me, not in the slightest, but from where I'm standing I think you are wasting your time.

You are actually an interesting debator, so why waste your capacity for debate on something as trivial as mbti?

Mole is trying to save us, in his own way.

Mole

Permabanned
Mole is trying to save us, in his own way.

Yes, and for about 17,000 posts I have been met with ad hominem replies.

In part because this is a site devoted to personality and many mistake personality for personal, and so make personal comments.

In fact I like original thinkers and think originally myself.

So I think it is about time I put those who want to make personal comments on Ignore, and limit myself to those who love originality.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, and for about 17,000 posts I have been met with ad hominem replies.

In part because this is a site devoted to personality and many mistake personality for personal, and so make personal comments.

In fact I like original thinkers and think originally myself.

So I think it is about time I put those who want to make personal comments on Ignore, and limit myself to those who love originality.

Why do you think you haven't gotten through to people yet?

Mole

Permabanned
I think you are wasting your time.

Mbti is so trivial it the the real name of Typology Central. Our real original name is MBTI Central.

Mbti is a world wide American cult of more than 70 years standing. This is how trivial it is.

Mbti is part of a plethera of American cults, and critique of mbti also critiques the vast number of American cults.

Why are there so many cults in America? Why are they taken for granted? Is it because America is not a society base on history like my own, or is America based on ideology?

And interestingly, why is America invisible to Americans? And why do they think it is invisible to us?

There is a whole history of critiques of America by visitors such as Alexis de Tocqueville, G.K.Chesterton, and Sayyid Qutb.

These critics make America visible, it is like looking in the mirror. Why not have a squiz?

Mole

Permabanned
Why do you think you haven't gotten through to people yet?

I am not interested in getting through to people, I am interested in discovering what I think.

I do understand you want to get through to people because you believe it is a good thing to do, and you want to make contact, and you also want to be good.

I am sure you will succeed in getting through to people and being good, but I don't think you are interested in discovering with me what I think, or if the truth be told, what you think.

So we want different things. I wish you well.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mbti is so trivial it the the real name of Typology Central. Our real original name is MBTI Central.

Mbti is a world wide American cult of more than 70 years standing. This is how trivial it is.

Mbti is part of a plethera of American cults, and critique of mbti also critiques the vast number of American cults.

Why are there so many cults in America? Why are they taken for granted? Is it because America is not a society base on history like my own, or is America based on ideology?

And interestingly, why is America invisible to Americans? And why do they think it is invisible to us?

There is a whole history of critiques of America by visitors such as Alexis de Tocqueville, G.K.Chesterton, and Sayyid Qutb.

These critics make America visible, it is like looking in the mirror. Why not have a squiz?

Sometimes, it seems you are trying to antagonize yourself.

I've extended the hand of friendship towards you, but you seem to want to go on about how mbti is a cult, how America is evil, religion is evil, e-tribalism, and how the members of this site allegedly want to convince young teenagers of using drugs. I just don't get this. These things you constantly rave about on here are just conspiracies, paranoia about typology central and its members. These are your fetishes, we all have our fetishes, but when these fetishes turn into obsession it is unhealthy...

I just don't understand why you want to turn me into an enemy, I am not trying to antagonize you, but if other members do, it is also partly because you court their aggression. Everyone has a breaking point.

So you are bent on trying to convince everyone mbti is a cult. I still say it's trivial. Scientology, that's a cult, but mbti? Why is that anything but trivial? You are against it because it is American?

C'mon man...

Mole

Permabanned
Interesting but I wrong.

It is interesting but why not tell me why the opposing metaphors of Oedipus and Jesus are wrong?

Perhaps you think the metaphors of Oedipus and Jesus are not opposing. Or perhaps you think they are not metaphors at all but are literally true.

But looking into you mind I suspect it is my tone you quarrel with.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am not interested in getting through to people, I am interested in discovering what I think.

I do understand you want to get through to people because you believe it is a good thing to do, and you want to make contact, and you also want to be good.

I am sure you will succeed in getting through to people and being good, but I don't think you are interested in discovering with me what I think, or if the truth be told, what you think.

So we want different things. I wish you well.

I'm interested in discovering what I think. It's not a dichotomy where you have to choose between options. I'm also interested in discovering what you think by getting through to you.