• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

the inverse square and culture in america

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
420px-Inverse_square_law.svg.png

1640 - first slave legally produced by U.S. law

1865 - slavery abolished

1964 - civil rights act passed

2015 - black lives matter movement

2040 - ???

I suppose what I'm saying is, get the fuck over the current PC movement. You're all trash stomping to the sound of a very old beat.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
main-qimg-bcdab5240d134e7abfe225b1a3f7cb1b

Anyone?

All i saw was [MENTION=9627]Xann[/MENTION]'s post but quite unfortunately it is gone.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
420px-Inverse_square_law.svg.png

1640 - first slave legally produced by U.S. law

1865 - slavery abolished

1964 - civil rights act passed

2015 - black lives matter movement

2040 - ???

I suppose what I'm saying is, get the fuck over the current PC movement. You're all trash stomping to the sound of a very old beat.

I see it more like a pendulum, constantly swinging to the far right or left. No matter how many times we witness this, we seem to immediatly forget and keep telling ourselves " It'll definitely stop in this middke THIS time!"

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I see it more like a pendulum, constantly swinging to the far right or left. No matter how many times we witness this, we seem to immediatly forget and keep telling ourselves " It'll definitely stop in this middke THIS time!"

That's because "the middle" is contextual as fuck, we will never be there or we are always there and we just don't think so because we think our opinions are the middle and based on the context surrounding us, they're not. This is why I prefer not to view things as right vs left but instead as right vs wrong, right being what seems to work or has seemed to work in the past, wrong being what doesn't or hasn't.

Silencing people of certain views usually backfires in the end, that's why whether its the 4th wave feminist/pc/sjw crowd or racist fascists I'm against it. It's not productive, and it won't work long term. (and no I am not comparing sjws to fascists I'm just pointing out that trying to curb free speech has failed before)

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I see the current PC "movement" as a regression. I don't see it connected to things like racism - alot of people accused by college kids of being 'racist' have never said anything racist. Now, I'm not denying that racism is real, but people need to stop finding excuses to whine and be offended. Most of the PC movement are sheltered white kids. See the Tocqueville effect.

I don't see the anti-PC reaction as being part of the long history of racism in the US, since most people who are anti-PC are not racist (well, a few might be, but you get the picture). Even President Obama has spoken out against "safe spaces" on US campuses.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i think of society as this type of pendulum, but otherwise i agree fully...

Mole

Permabanned
i think of society as this type of pendulum, but otherwise i agree fully...

Homeostasis is formed by moving from one side to the other and back. Homeostasis is a dynamic condition. Our refrigerator is homeostatic. Our bodily signs from temperature to acidity are homeostatic. The politics of liberal democracy are homeostatic. And our mental state, day by day, oscillates between being wide awake and being deeply asleep, our very daily mental state is homeostatic.

Homeostasis is similar to the pendulum effect.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Homeostasis is formed by moving from one side to the other and back. Homeostasis is a dynamic condition. Our refrigerator is homeostatic. Our bodily signs from temperature to acidity are homeostatic. The politics of liberal democracy are homeostatic. And our mental state, day by day, oscillates between being wide awake and being deeply asleep, our very daily mental state is homeostatic.

Homeostasis is similar to the pendulum effect.

"Homeostasis or homoeostasis is the property of a system in which a variable (for example, the concentration of a substance in solution, or its temperature) is actively regulated to remain very nearly constant."

the word homeostasis implies a "preference" for a middle ground... i think that public opinion spends little time in a middle ground... a quick review of world culture, politics, and history ought to illustrate that well... nothing about the madhouse of public opinion seems constant to me...

post script:

i do find the phrasing "actively regulated" to fit well however...