User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Let Go Of Your Team Zarathustra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    My experience is similar. In fact, I get tired when I do not have the opportunity to exercise Ni freely and sufficiently (which has been too often as of late, but that's another story). When I can let it run free and lose myself in those ideas, it can be either calmly energising, or even exhilarating, depending on the nature of the ideas involved. It feels like what I was meant to be doing. Everything else is just going through the motions.

The sort of nitpicky thinking Labyrinthine describes, IME, is exactly that: thinking, or at least using a judgment function, especially Je. It is using Je without much involvement of Ni that I find tiring, especially anything that is protracted, requires attention to detail, and is not interesting. That stuff makes me want to tear my hair out.
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    No it doesn't exhaust me. I spend so much of daily life extroverting and dealing with every day matters that I'm not sure there is enough time to get exhausted. Some of my most enjoyable time is driving because I can let my mind wander and be less pressured for responses in the moment. It can be tiring that people are very often looking for me to have the answers and the stress of constantly trying to come up with them on the spur of the moment can be draining.. I'm like why can't you figure out this, that or the other thing for yourself. My intuition does not work in a ideal way in this on demand mode though I can do it and have learned to think aloud without confusing everyone around me. It's taken a long time to develop that though.
    Nice to hear two other INTJs express the same thing I feel

- - - Updated - - -

No, "too much" intuition does not exhaust me.

Too much Je, without enough Ni input does; as does too much Pe.

Ni to me is like being in the water, and I'm naturally a dolphin.

But for most of the day I have to walk around on land.

And I'm constantly wanting to go back to the water.
    "I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    xNTP

I thought a little more about it, and retract my earlier post about it not being noticeable.

Ni is soul-suckingly exhausting and stressful for me. It's very noticeable. I even avoid it.
    Ne is like Pringles. I can Ne any time.
    Likes typologyenthusiast liked this post

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247 five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Too much sensing exhausts me
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes Five to One liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

Using intuition in itself is energizing for me...it's trying to organize it and express it that can be exhausting.

Sometimes I have multiple ideas at once and want to say everything but I don't know where to start, so I don't really say anything.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    LSI Ti

Largely depends on the person and orientation.

Ni often energizes me. When I interact with Ni dom/aux people, they nudge me to reexamine my judgments. The consequent uncertainty leads me to make preparations for a wider variety of outcomes. In the end, I wind up more forward thinking, adaptable, and active.
    In challenge lies opportunity.

MBTI
    STP

Depends solely on situation. My dom Ni boss drives me nuts. Dom Ne GF and dom Ni(intj) dad don't bother me at all. I work good side by side with dominant intuitive...not one that is a boss/manager. To disconnected from present reality. It's like...yeah you know some reality, but that isn't all that applicable here in this situation. Not stupid, just not very applicable. Dom Ni (infj) friend doesn't phase me much either. I have found with dom Ni you just have to appease their perception of possibility to get along well...to stubborn in regard to not appeasing their perception and all help breaks loose. Why me and my boss butt heads...because at work it's about functional and correct, with appeasement ranking pretty low. Outside of work though where it's more an open give and take without any predefined hierarchy that people follow or expectations that have to be met all is good.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    No it doesn't exhaust me. I spend so much of daily life extroverting and dealing with every day matters that I'm not sure there is enough time to get exhausted. Some of my most enjoyable time is driving because I can let my mind wander and be less pressured for responses in the moment. It can be tiring that people are very often looking for me to have the answers and the stress of constantly trying to come up with them on the spur of the moment can be draining.. I'm like why can't you figure out this, that or the other thing for yourself. My intuition does not work in a ideal way in this on demand mode though I can do it and have learned to think aloud without confusing everyone around me. It's taken a long time to develop that though.
    Jesus this.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTp Te

In the sense that I overthink things constantly, yes. Oftentimes I wish I could just shut my mind off for a while and simply exist in the unfiltered present moment. I guess that's the nature of inferior Se; you desire what is hardest for you to obtain. And at times I've turned to alcohol and other indulgences to force it to emerge, so I certainly fit that pattern.

Then again, it is all a trade-off. Strong intuition is of course not without its benefits. And I am happiest and most energized in the moments I am free to indulge fully in it without feeling any pressure to deal with "the real world." The problem is those moments are pretty rare. So I wouldn't say it's the intuition itself that exhausts me so much as the fact that I am dominated by intuition in a world created by and for sensing types, which forces me to adapt in ways that often take a lot of energy out of me.
    "The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting." - John Adams
    Likes IBleedPumpkinJuice liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Sometimes it happens to me, that I get too lost in it and then it's difficult for me to get back down to the physical world. It can be difficult to to balance the sense of physical stillness then. Sometimes I just need something or someone to ground me and remind me that the real world is just as important as my abstract thought.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

No. I remember I studied the MBTI and Jung' Psychological types, until 3 am and felt no exhaustion and becoming amazed of myself. I think it is one of The way to test you are intuitive or sensor is to try studying something theoretical and see how long will you last.