• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverts and a late 20s bump in extroversion

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Has this alarming phenomenon befallen anyone else???? Is this what auxiliary function development looks like? Does this mean I'm finally entering my long-delayed adolescence??????

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, right now I'm hiding in bed in my PJs but some time during the day I'm probably going to go out and voluntarily hang out with other human beings. What witchery is this, I ask you!!!!

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Man, I may even get a tinder today. Who knows???!!! The day is RIFE WITH POSSIBILITIES.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Has this alarming phenomenon befallen anyone else???? Is this what auxiliary function development looks like? Does this mean I'm finally entering my long-delayed adolescence??????

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, right now I'm hiding in bed in my PJs but some time during the day I'm probably going to go out and voluntarily hang out with other human beings. What witchery is this, I ask you!!!!

Yes, I think life makes us introverts stretch towards ambiversion. Work, the period of solitude after we get out of enforced interaction that university is, our friends from earlier in life dropping off the face of the planet as they get sucked into the bubble. 'We' learn that being introverted can be a disadvantage, in a way, because you have to 'go get' what you want if you want to have a chance at life. So we learn to increase our 'socialable' battery's size and duration, we fake it until we become it. Then it becomes a switch you can consciously turn on/off.

Man, I may even get a tinder today. Who knows???!!! The day is RIFE WITH POSSIBILITIES.

Carpe Diem!

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
At your age the auxiliary function is developing, that could be what you are describing. However as people age they move closer to ambiversion and it's beneficial in the long run. What you are describing is normal, no need to fear.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At your age the auxiliary function is developing, that could be what you are describing. However as people age they move closer to ambiversion and it's beneficial in the long run. What you are describing is normal, no need to fear.

The sun is shining and cherry blossoms are drifting through the air and I am not afraid!!!!

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Played frisbee! Got a black eye! YAY!

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Get it senza!

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You should go to a rave and see what happens. Maybe you'll wake up in a whole new country and a new wife. :happy2:

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm much more extroverted now than when I joined this site. I'm 28 now.

N=1

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I wonder if this will happen to me.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder if this will happen to me.

It'll catch you unawares. One day you'll realize you actually spent a whole evening out with people—some of whom you don't even know—and you actually had fun and you're not drained at all ... until the next day, anyway.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It'll catch you unawares. One day you'll realize you actually spent a whole evening out with people—some of whom you don't even know—and you actually had fun and you're not drained at all ... until the next day, anyway.

that sounds terrifying!

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Damn, am I gonna go introvert in my late 20s? Fuck that.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that sounds terrifying!

IKR? Honestly, if you asked me how I'd feel about that, I'd say it sounded absolutely horrible. But then it happens and I'm like hey, I'm actually having ... fun? HUH?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do plenty of these things, and it doesn't even sound unappealing to begin with. An introverted spin can even be put on it - by doing new things, new things are learned about oneself. Actually, that's all too often my motivation to go out.

Even at the busiest times, no one would mistake me for an extravert.

Baron

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, i'm an extrovert. I'm experiencing the same thing with you as i in my 20s as well but it's reversed. I become more introverted as i get older. Well, not mentally introverted but socially introverted. When i was in my childhood-adolescence i can easily get upset if i have to spend my days without my friends, girlfriends and the whole socializing process. Today, i don't pay as much attention to my personal relationships. It doesn't matter whether i'm single or in a relationship, my friends are around or they are not as long as i can keep working and doing things i think are necessary to do.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Socialization holy crap.
Social extroversion is like
Holy crap
I mean, I'm still happy to be a recluse in my room all day Saturday when I don't have a scheduled event
But as I found out this summer, if I don't talk to actual people (other than my parents and online people) at least once in a while, I'll go stir crazy and talk the ear off of the unfortunate soul who happens to be in the right place when I'm in the right mood.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Some kind of turn from introvertedness AND shyness to extrovertedness and boldness happened to me in early 20's. Seems like developments of this sort aren't entirely uncommon. I think it's cool