• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Unmoderated Typology Forums on Facebook

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On facebook I have discovered a forum where there are more important things than "indexing," although it exists there. What could be more important than indexing, you ask?

Having a good time, I say.

As a person who is physically getting sicker and sicker all the time, I like to turn to the internet for entertainment - although even sitting down in a chair with a pillow is becoming increasingly more painful.

As an example of the type of entertainment I'm talking about:

facebook%20forum2_zpslquorig1.jpg

This sort of entertainment is entirely lacking on TypoC, the only forum in the universe with a "typo" in it. And it gets better, much better. I have only posted a rather jejune form of the entertainment typically found there on a daily basis.

A lot of people join the unmoderated INTP facebook group looking for intellectual stimulation, but eventually declare either that the majority of members must not be INTP types, or they expected more intellect from INTPs in general. But they are operating off of INTP stereotypes. When they think of the INTP type they probably have something in mind like Einstein writing abstruse equations on a blackboard:

einstein_smalldynamiclead_dynamic_lead_slide.jpg

But they forget about this Einstein:

einstein4.jpg

or the one with Einstein sticking his tongue out which I detest.
http://images.mentalfloss.com/sites...insert_main_wide_image/public/einstein1_7.jpg

Those who think of INTP as a serious type are considering only the Ti in the function stacking, but are completely neglecting to consider the far more playful Ne side.

I joined an unmoderated ENTP forum in order to compare both ENTP and INTP behavior in unmoderated contexts. The ENTP forum I find to be rather silly. It's not unbearably silly, just far more random and off-the-wall than INTP, and with no intellect in sight.

I also find a great deal more mental laziness on ENTP. For example, when asking the group to guess Obama's personality MBTI type, everybody who responded simply Googled the answer. But when I asked them for his Enneagram type I got no response - because, I assume, the answer wasn't readily available either via Google or via the "I heard that he's such and such" grapevine.

An unmoderated forum is a great way to view types "au natural." I have also joined an ISFP forum and, predictably, there are more puppies and cats than anything else, as well as relationship questions. I'm not saying that's all there is to an ISFP, but that's about all there is on that forum.

There are certain advantages to joining unmoderated Facebook forums. Those include, but aren't limited to -
1. more entertaining than moderated forums where everybody is too afraid of the ban hammer to speak naturally, and;
2. more enlightening than moderated forums where everybody has to act a certain way and can't simply be themselves.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
By the way, the answer to the Ricci tensor equation "R(subscript)ik = 0?"

Is no. Not 0.

Sil

This is a test.
I need to join these. That was a great slice of entertainment.

Sil

This is a test.
Ugh. Are these the closed groups? The ones I have to join in order to leech entertainment from?

Cygnus

A community about typology (i.e. this one) will see a lot of people visiting to explore typology and staying for the community. A lot of people will have a substantial background knowledge of typology, a lot of people will know the fallacies surrounding certain types. The community provides a more lucrative background with which to determine one's own type from the more informed opinions of others.

A social community with a section "devoted" to typology will result in a few people passing in and out to talk about "their type" on a very superficial level. Typology isn't in the background of a community, it's a surface-level indulgence for a much broader community. They'll have no reason to stay once they lose interest in typology, they'll provide little original insight into how types may behave.

The further something's aestheticized, the less scientific its depictions will be.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ugh. Are these the closed groups? The ones I have to join in order to leech entertainment from?

Yes they're closed groups. Otherwise, you would have all your comments there posted to your wall for all your friends to see.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A community about typology (i.e. this one) will see a lot of people visiting to explore typology and staying for the community. A lot of people will have a substantial background knowledge of typology, a lot of people will know the fallacies surrounding certain types. The community provides a more lucrative background with which to determine one's own type from the more informed opinions of others.

A social community with a section "devoted" to typology will result in a few people passing in and out to talk about "their type" on a very superficial level. Typology isn't in the background of a community, it's a surface-level indulgence for a much broader community. They'll have no reason to stay once they lose interest in typology, they'll provide little original insight into how types may behave.

The further something's aestheticized, the less scientific its depictions will be.

white space