• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typology is our household god.

Mole

Permabanned
We are forming the Typology Tribe at Central. So I wonder what kind of tribe are we forming?

Is it a peaceful tribe without irritation and disappointment? Or is it a tribe where we empahtise with one another?

The fact is we talk past one another except when we are arguing. And alas, on a regular basis some of us are banned. In tribal terms this means being banished from the tribe, being ostracised and sent into the wilderness to die.

And yet we keep coming back. It's all a bit mysterious. It's as though there is no individual consciously in charge, but just as our bodies work unconsciously day and night, so Central works unconsciously and we are just along for the ride.

This is somewhat alarming for the literate individual, it's as though our individuality is being extinguished by the unconscious tribe.

But we shouldn't worry as animals are completely unconscious and yet the fill every evolutionary niche from the deepest sea to the troposphere.

Yes, we are going back to the bi-cameral mind. And as you know the origin of consciousness is found in the breakdown of the bi-cameral mind. So all we are doing is returning to our ancestoral past when the bi-cameral mind spoke to itself as though it were hearing the voice of a god. So once again we are becoming our own god, and we are setting up our household gods once again. And Typology is our household god, suitably enigmatic yet embracing all disciplines. No one is left out. We are all part of typology tribe in the global village.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If "we're" creating a "tribe", are you part of it?

Of those banned, have you kept track of who's returned?

I'm pretty sure I continue to visit simply because I receive replies when the alternative is randomly shooting off rocks into space.

Mole

Permabanned
If "we're" creating a "tribe", are you part of it?

Of those banned, have you kept track of who's returned?

I'm pretty sure I continue to visit simply because I receive replies when the alternative is randomly shooting off rocks into space.

"Victor" is now my tribal identity. This is a bit odd as my literal name, my real name is also "Victor". But I started off here completely naive and so gave my real name and identity which was an entirely a literate identity, but slowly I have morphed into a tribal identity called "Victor".

At first I was too naive to even have an avatar. But since then I have made more than 7,000 posts and seen the movie avatar and read Mardhall McLuhan, the patron saint of the internet, as well as watching him on Youtube.

And you and I both keep coming back here for the same reason - the meaning of any of our communications is its responses - otherwise we may as well throw rocks into space.

And so I look forward to your reply.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"Victor" is now my tribal identity. This is a bit odd as my literal name, my real name is also "Victor". But I started off here completely naive and so gave my real name and identity which was an entirely a literate identity, but slowly I have morphed into a tribal identity called "Victor".

At first I was too naive to even have an avatar. But since then I have made more than 7,000 posts and seen the movie avatar and read Mardhall McLuhan, the patron saint of the internet, as well as watching him on Youtube.

And you and I both keep coming back here for the same reason - the meaning of any of our communications is its responses - otherwise we may as well throw rocks into space.

And so I look forward to your reply.

Have you ever heard or viewed Robert Ashley's Perfect Lives?

Mole

Permabanned
I will detroy this false god.

I can understand how you feel but you might like to consider that the voice of the household god extends no further than the household. Although it is true the village god can be heard over the whole village. But what is most interesting is that we now live in the global village and the village god can be heard over the whole globe.

On the other hand, the god of the book can only be heard by one individual at a time.

And our global god is not at all bothered by the individual god. I mean how could she be. The individual god rose with the printing press and faded with the electric telegraph.

Everytime we sign on to Central, we listen to our global god. God bless us all.