• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Beyoncé's Lemonade

Kho

please let prayer be true
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
...was a pleasant surprise.

I normally don't really seek out Beyoncé's music --
TBH IMHO
she's way too much of an ostentatiously ENFP 9w8 for my snarky private 4 sensibilities *sniffle*

BUT.
I watched Lemonade, the visual album.
And I did like it.
Entirely because it reminded me a great deal of Toni Morrison.
Specifically, Toni Morrison's book "Beloved."
And I like that book a whole lot.

That's why I liked the spoken word-like bits more than the musical elements, truth be told.
The deep Southern gothic creole vibe was enormously alluring.
Visually it was striking in parts, but largely predictable and faddy.

I don't give a damn who cheated on who and what-all else.
I just liked the references to black heritage and everything.
So. Yeah. That is all.

Did any of you watch it? Thoughts? Comments? Reflections? No? Just me? ... Ok.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
ENFP? Isn't she introverted? And I haven't watched it yet, keep hearing about it though. I'd probably have seen it if it was on youtube, but they use that tidal thing now don't they.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
LOVED IT! just watched last night.

lol at anyone taking the references to generational and cultural patterns of infidelity and disrespect as "Jay-Z cheated on Beyonce". he was in the visual portion of the album more than once as her lover.

i wanna watch it again :)

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh! also the spoken word stuff was all written by a young Somali woman who is a poet. i thought all that stuff was super powerful as well. especially the stuff about God is God and i am not, and men putting themselves in that divine position to be worshiped, and how none of us should be worshiping our partners. like YESSSS.

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=23759]laterlazer[/MENTION] I don't know much about the actual person, but her stage persona is completely ENFP through and through.
Sasha Fierce was like every ENFP I have ever known rolled into one dancing, curvaceous, self-affirming glitterbombfest XD
Lemonade was on TV, on a channel called HBO, but I'm not in the USA so I'm watching it on my computer :D Hooray for piracy

[MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION] I'm watching the recording again on my computer! Good stuff!

I can send it to y'all if you want :D PM me your email address and I'll send you the m4v file if you so desire ;)

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
oh! also the spoken word stuff was all written by a young Somali woman who is a poet. i thought all that stuff was super powerful as well. especially the stuff about God is God and i am not, and men putting themselves in that divine position to be worshiped, and how none of us should be worshiping our partners. like YESSSS.

I did NOT know that, about the Somali poet woman! I gotta brush up on my googling! Must learn more about her! Yeah, I got chills more than once.

Danali

MBTI Type
?
Does anyone know who Becky with the good hair is ?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Kho

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=22291]Danali[/MENTION] They're saying it's a fashion designer called Rachel Roy, idk. Probably unsubstantiated rumors...

Danali

MBTI Type
?
[MENTION=27821]Kho[/MENTION] I did some digging on Wendy Williams channel ( she's so messy, I love it) apparently it could also be Rita ora -sips freshly poured lemonade-

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I thought it was pretty cool. I'm not a Beyonce fan and I was impressed by the black history and artistic beauty of what I saw.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENFP? Isn't she introverted? And I haven't watched it yet, keep hearing about it though. I'd probably have seen it if it was on youtube, but they use that tidal thing now don't they.

A lot of people say she's ISFP. Others say SFJ. ISFP and ENFP is a common mix up...honestly, I think she's NF or SJ. The extent of her feminist "message" is a little obnoxious and literal, even for those such as myself.