• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

B v S: Dawn of Justice

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is why I don't go to see movies - they suck:

Batman V Superman Is V Bad

"A fun thing you could do during the two and a half hours you spend watching Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is count the number of times some rando blurts out something like “It’s uninhabited!” or “It’s after five, so downtown’s nearly empty right now!” whilst Batman and/or Superman throw various bad guys (and/or each other) through various walls. No civilians were harmed in the making of this loud, droning, incoherent, and bonkers deadly serious film, in sharp contrast to 2013's Man of Steel, wherein Superman spends the last half hour bonking giant buildings full of innocent people together until they explode. In that respect, as well as two or three others—the word Batman in the title, for example—this movie, despite being very bad, is nonetheless way better than the last one. You could do worse, but only because you already did.

"An even less charitable way to put it is that a clearly excited 7- or 8-year-old kid sitting in front of me busted out crying and had to be whisked out of the theater by his father within the first five minutes..."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sorry [MENTION=23609]bilbotook[/MENTION], but your review of this movie should have gone to Arts & Entertainment. The mods aren't doing their job as usual. Unless someone annoys them. Then they fire up the ban hammer.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This one has a bit more relevance:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Batman: "I'm mad at you because you blew up shit in the last movie. So now I'm going to make you blow up more shit."

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The nicest thing I've read about this movie: "Full of potential," from an optimistic-then-disappointed reviewer.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I can usually tell whether a film is worth watching from the trailer. I didn't have high hopes for this one. I haven't seen the film and good fucking job.

The Wonder Woman film next year looks like it could be interesting but I have a sneaky feeling that they could fuck that up too.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
Waiting for it on netflix. Honestly, dc is the stuff i reach for when we out of marvel. They really should have casted someone other than ben affleck. He does not fit. Wonder woman intro with no movie of her own first? They should have done that like how marvel did thor. They surrounded the actor with real talent, fed you into his story first. Its like they just want to quickly push it out there.

Puffypolma

Bizarre Love Triangle
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I love the film very much though. I am a hardcore DC fan btw;)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I figure the movie has a lot more issues than Ben Affleck being cast as Bruce Wayne. I guess it was more a fan snub versus a huge flaw.

I can usually tell whether a film is worth watching from the trailer. I didn't have high hopes for this one. I haven't seen the film and good fucking job.

I'm taking one for the team and will be seeing it around lunchtime today. I'm not expecting much for the story, I'm merely there for the spectacle.

The funny thing about the trailers -- dunno if you saw it, but someone was reediting all the trailer clips (like individual clips within each trailer) into a full super-trailer in chronological order. Watching it at its ten minute length, it's almost like a mini-version of the movie. Have studios ever released so many freaking clips from a movie before where this could be done? Yeesh.

The Wonder Woman film next year looks like it could be interesting but I have a sneaky feeling that they could fuck that up too.

Yeah, they and Fox were trying so hard to get into the MCU level of success, but they all have tried to rush it + haven't laid firm foundations. I still can't for the life of me figured out why DC let Zack Synder be a part of this, if they wanted to build something solid. Frankly, all he's got going is visuals, and if someone else isn't there holding his hand and writing his scripts and whatever else, his output can be lousy.

EDIT: Okay, this is just plain wrong:
Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Lauren Cohan portray Thomas and Martha Wayne, Bruce Wayne's deceased parents

So you marry off Negan and Maggie from The Walking Dead, after what Negan's about to do on the show? ROFL!

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Waiting for it on netflix. Honestly, dc is the stuff i reach for when we out of marvel. They really should have casted someone other than ben affleck. He does not fit. Wonder woman intro with no movie of her own first? They should have done that like how marvel did thor. They surrounded the actor with real talent, fed you into his story first. Its like they just want to quickly push it out there.

I hated Thor.... so much that I still haven't watched The Dark World. Thor was probably one of the worst MCU movies I've seen put out.

Actually, Ben Affleck was fine. Better than Val Kilmer and George Clooney, that's for sure. I'm not sure why everyone is still bitching about him. Yeah, he had a lousy track record as an actor when cast, but I didn't see any problems with his performance here. I've certainly seen far worse.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I guess not immediately being able to 'see' the ending like I usually do helped keep me mentally involved.
I plan to see it again.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I guess not immediately being able to 'see' the ending like I usually do helped keep me mentally involved.
I plan to see it again.

From the very beginning, with the slow motion child Bruce Wayne yelling "nooooooooooooooooooooooooo," I knew it was going to be bad.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
This is why I don't go to see movies - they suck:

Batman V Superman Is V Bad

"A fun thing you could do during the two and a half hours you spend watching Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is count the number of times some rando blurts out something like “It’s uninhabited!” or “It’s after five, so downtown’s nearly empty right now!” whilst Batman and/or Superman throw various bad guys (and/or each other) through various walls. No civilians were harmed in the making of this loud, droning, incoherent, and bonkers deadly serious film, in sharp contrast to 2013's Man of Steel, wherein Superman spends the last half hour bonking giant buildings full of innocent people together until they explode. In that respect, as well as two or three others—the word Batman in the title, for example—this movie, despite being very bad, is nonetheless way better than the last one. You could do worse, but only because you already did.

"An even less charitable way to put it is that a clearly excited 7- or 8-year-old kid sitting in front of me busted out crying and had to be whisked out of the theater by his father within the first five minutes..."

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you. I actually prefered Man of Steel over Batman v Superman. Was MoS perfect? No. Did it do everything right? Not even close. But at least it had one well-put-together story and good, simple plot. B v S was just as much DC crap as Zach Snyder could cram into one movie. He tried to add so much that Superman and Louis Lane, the characters I actually care about, didn't get enough screen time because Wonder Woman was too busy monkeying about with all that Justice League stuff. So while Man of Steel wasn't really that good, I'd rather watch that a million times again than watch Batman v Superman again even once. BUT that's just my opinion