• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Darkworkers and Lightworkers in Anime

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Light Workers:
- Suzaku Kururugi (Code Geass)
- Charles li Britannia (Code Geass)
- Kansuke Kuwabara (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- The Spiral King (Gurren Lagann)
- Light Yagami (Death Note)
- Soichiro Yagami (Death Note)
- Matsuda (Death Note)
- Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Saito (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Shishio (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Wolfram von Bielefeld (God Save Our King)
- Shiro Emiya (Fate Stay Night)
- Yugi (Yugioh)
- Pharaoh (Yugioh)
- Tamaki (Ouran High School Host Club)
- Mori (Ouran High School Host Club)

Dark Workers:
- Kamina (Gurren Lagann)
- Keaton (Gurren Lagann)
- Simon (Gurren Lagann) (I could keep going, but almost everyone from Gurren Lagann is a dark worker)
- Kurama (Yu Yu Hakusho) *with the exception of wishing to sacrifice himself for his mother in the first episode you see him in, but even then his intentions are more darker-ish. he does it because he feels like it, not because he feels he "has to". after this incident, he overcomes his guilt and is able to re-embrace his true dark worker tendencies
- Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- Lloyd (Code Geass)
- C2 (Code Geass)
- Crim (.hack//sign)
- Spike (Cowboy Beebop)
- Yuri Shibuya (God Save Our King)
- Seto Kaiba (Yugioh)
- Sesshomaru (Inuyasha)
- Vegeta (Dragonball Z)
- Hikaru and Kaoru (Ouran High School Host Club)
- Kyoya (Ouran High School Host Club)
- Honey (Ouran High School Host Club)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
basically

Lightworker: someone who is motivated by making the world a better place and places the needs of others above themselves.

Darkworker: someone who is motivated by their own self interests which can include
- power
- pleasure
- status

Lightworker =/= Good, Adolf Hitler and Light Yagami for example are lightworkers
Darkworker =/= Bad, Kamina from Gurren Lagann and Han Solo from Star Wars are good examples of Darkworker heroes

most people are neither, and this is a BAD thing. choosing to be become extremely light worker or extremely dark worker is a process called polarization. polarization allows you to focus your energy on moving in one direction as opposed to being wishy washy. polarization is necessary for high motivation

however, as you go further down the paths, they become more like each other. it's sort of like a triangle. in fact, it's actually easier to be a high level dark worker and switch to being a light worker and vice versa, than it is to switch from being a low level lightworker to a darkworker.

darkworker =/= not caring about others, it means caring about yourself more than others. a dark worker would not hesitate for instance to kill someone who broke into their home if there were no reprocutions. likewise, they can also do grand displays of generosity, but they do it because they WANT to whereas lightworkers feel like they HAVE to or that they need to be of SERVICE. darkworkers despise the idea of "service"

darkerworker is indirectly correlated with enneagram

lightworker is indirectly correlated with

Lord Guess

MBTI Type
ENTP
Well, I'd like to think of myself as a lightworker, but by that list, I'm definitely dark. Plus, you know, the enneagram types that darkworkers tend to have is my exact tritype, but in reverse.

Also, I'd put Lelouch as a dark worker, but he's pretty much borderline.

mujigay

Intergalactic Badass
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Well, I'd like to think of myself as a lightworker, but by that list, I'm definitely dark. Plus, you know, the enneagram types that darkworkers tend to have is my exact tritype, but in reverse.

Also, I'd put Lelouch as a dark worker, but he's pretty much borderline.

The dude sacrificed himself in a grand mission to save the world. That's pretty "light worker" if you ask me.

Lord Guess

MBTI Type
ENTP
The dude sacrificed himself in a grand mission to save the world. That's pretty "light worker" if you ask me.

In the end, yeah. For most of the story, though, he was driven by his personal quest for revenge, and a desire to create a world for his sister. That's why I said he was borderline, but I'm leaning towards "dark worker" since that's what he mostly was, Zero Requiem notwithstanding.

Don't get me wrong; Lelouch is awesome. One of my favorite fictional characters, actually.