• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The trailer showed enough ghouls to make me interested. Seems at least like they aren't leaning too hard on "realism", so that's a positive. But yeah I don't think this a theater one. Matrix might be a theater watch if the reviews indicate isn't just a TFA style reboot (even though that's probably what it is).
Welp, as far my movies plans -- I went to the cinema for James Bond, and I bought tickets for Dune despite having HBO Max (because I thought it would be worth it).... and Matrix is the only other thing I'm considering for theater but will wait until I can get a better sense if it's worth it, since I will get it for free on HBO Max.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just realized another thing. Because of the culture war bullshit that has now affected even escapist entertainment, this is going to be the movie you have to like to prove that you aren't other woke sheeple. In a worst case scenario, you are going to be expected to pick one or the other of the ghostbusters remakes to prove that you are on the "right side." This will be the "real" ghostbusters sequel that "true fans" of the original will have to like, the one that wasn't corrupted by wokeness. I could see something dumb like that happening if this had come out in 2017. I'm not quite as sure that this would be the case now.

The reality is that both movies are probably not that good (didn't bother with the 2016 one, either), but I could accept the argument that some critics might have graded the movie on a curve because the most important thing when evaluating the quality of the movie is sending "the right message" (which I think is a terrible way to review movies). Relax folks, your job reviewing movies isn't as important as you want it to be; nobody expects you to save the world. This doesn't mean that this thing is ultimately something worth watching, nor do I have any patience for people obsessing about how the 2016 destroyed their childhoods (there was a guy like that here who got banned, big surprise). Somebody can't destroy your childhood, it's such a stupid concept. What people can do and what they really seem to be bothered by is that things are no longer the same as when they were a childhood, and they want a protective shield to prevent them from coming to grips with that fact. So dumb.... OMIGOD Hollywood made a shitty cash grab, but this shitty cash grab has women in it so I'm traumatized. Grow the fuck up.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just realized another thing. Because of the culture war bullshit that has now affected even escapist entertainment, this is going to be the movie you have to like to prove that you aren't other woke sheeple. In a worst case scenario, you are going to be expected to pick one or the other of the ghostbusters remakes to prove that you are on the "right side." This will be the "real" ghostbusters sequel that "true fans" of the original will have to like, the one that wasn't corrupted by wokeness. I could see something dumb like that happening if this had come out in 2017. I'm not quite as sure that this would be the case now.

The reality is that both movies are probably not that good (didn't bother with the 2016 one, either), but I could accept the argument that some critics might have graded the movie on a curve because the most important thing when evaluating the quality of the movie is sending "the right message" (which I think is a terrible way to review movies). Relax folks, your job reviewing movies isn't as important as you want it to be; nobody expects you to save the world. This doesn't mean that this thing is ultimately something worth watching, nor do I have any patience for people obsessing about how the 2016 destroyed their childhoods (there was a guy like that here who got banned, big surprise). Somebody can't destroy your childhood, it's such a stupid concept. What people can do and what they really seem to be bothered by is that things are no longer the same as when they were a childhood, and they want a protective shield to prevent them from coming to grips with that fact. So dumb.... OMIGOD Hollywood made a shitty cash grab, but this shitty cash grab has women in it so I'm traumatized. Grow the fuck up.

Just wait until they try to cast the next James Bond as a woman, black, and/or gay....

I just saw an image this morning of the new Superman (Clark's son Jon) kissing a boy with pink hair. I can feel the outrage roiling across the continent.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's definitely a Force Awakens style reboot. It's garbage like the 2016 film. Granted, the two are garbage for different reasons.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I hope that doesn't happen just for the sole reason that I don't want to keep hearing about it.
They could just lay a 6 decade old, tired, uninteresting franchise to rest and write new, original spy characters for new, original movies. I'd honestly rather see the woman, black, and/or gay spy in something like that. It's not that I don't think Bond should be any of those things, it's rather this: how fucking lazy if that's the only way they know how to come up with more diversity in movies. Also kind of an insult to people who actually appreciate diverse and interesting characters, that the best hollywood can do most of the time is simply take existing IP and change the paintjob. It's superficial and lazy. It's like they're not actually interested in originality or diversity, just rebranding a sure seller to keep audiences buying their shitty product.

Last edited: