• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Industrial Engineering

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
I want change my life and career and I am very interested in a new university degree in industrial engineering, focused in supply chain management and logistics.
Anyone in this field?
Do you think it could be a good choice for a borderline INTx?
Bye.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I want change my life and career and I am very interested in a new university degree in industrial engineering, focused in supply chain management and logistics.
Anyone in this field?
Bye.

supply chain management??? strikes me as very ISTJ territory. How much do you like SJ not-N work?

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
supply chain management??? strikes me as very ISTJ territory. How much do you like SJ not-N work?

Uhm... Yes... I understand what you say.
But I think it could be a good field also for Rational, because for a process optimization (maybe in large scale), it needs a "big picture" mind and logical thinking.
However, I like when things are organized in a good way, and I have no problems following rules (if they are usefull) but I usually looks also for performance improvement. Then, if I think the process is the best I can reach in cost/benefit and so on, there's no reason to change it.
Thanks.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Anyone in this field?
Bye.

Have you considered a joint degree - business studies combined with some sort of engineering? Mechanical and electrical engineering both have a lot of jobs associated with them. Chemical engineering is also popular.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
Have you considered a joint degree - business studies combined with some sort of engineering? Mechanical and electrical engineering both have a lot of jobs associated with them. Chemical engineering is also popular.

Yes, it's exactly what I want to do, Andy.
The course is a mixture about mechanical engineering and economy/management.
I am italian and I don't know well how that degree is called in US for example.
If I find a translated page in an university of my country, I'll post it.
The italian degree is "ingegneria gestionale" and it could be translated as a sort of "engineering of business management".
Bye.

edit:
Here the page I said above as example:
UniBg - First level degrees : Management Engineering

G

garbage

I've got a degree in Industrial and Systems Engineering with a focus in Operations Research

I don't really explicitly use it daily, but, you know, it's there

OR's pretty good, and it might be a good choice if you want to keep your training a bit more general

holla if you've got any questions