• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why so much ESxx hate?

Gizmo

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's totally biased, but I generally just find ESFPs annoying. My INFP room mate has an ESFP girl friend, and she is just "too much" in my opinion. I don't hate her... She means well... We just don't mesh.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And ES vs IN's... Well let's just say that while both sides have some pretty strong fighters if we are going to revert to stereotypes... one side (ESXX's hint hint), have a pretty significant numbers advantage. Seems a bit of a suicide mission.
Not here they don't.

What both factions need is some kind of Loyalty Oath. That way, we can know for sure that anyone performs the oath isn't a traitor. Who would object to such a sensible plan? In fact, if anyone objects to the concept, this must be proof that they are in fact a traitor. That way, we have only loyal people left in both the INXX and the ESXX armies.
Such an approach does have its merits . . . and uses.

Snape.jpg

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because there is a disproportionate amount of INxx types here, and they have chips on their shoulders. ESxx types win much of the love offline, as they are often seen as the standard for what is a normal and desirable personality. INxx types may be seen as, well, the opposite of that. Even if appreciated, INxx personalities may be seen as odd and there can be a sense of alienation for them. So here is some place they can gather together and whine about it :tongue:

And before anyone cries Fi, I see INTPs and INFJs whining just as much, and this forum in particular has more of an NT vibe overall.

One can only handle so much shallowness before one must dive into the depths to recharge.
Hanging around ESxx types for too long gives me the bends.

Full Disclosure: Not that I'm whining. I can just retreat to the internet for arbitrarily long periods, barring an Iranian or Korean EMP attack.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I don't know why people paired up ESXX's together when there are two temperaments which is SJ's and SP's. What's with all the SP and SJ hate dislike towards the extroverts?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Not here they don't.

No, and IN's could probably 'win' this forum from the ES's pretty quickly. They could develop a sort of a collective mind, with a multi-faceted, inter-IN collective mindset, and use it to develop a pretty fool-proof plot to take down the oppressive ES's. But even if the ES's forgo planning, unless IN's can find a way to continually allude the masses (distraction is key), IN's will be of no match in the outside world.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
One can only handle so much shallowness before one must dive into the depths to recharge.

And one can only handle so much pretentiousness before one has to run away and find more fulfilling conversation. :violin:

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
If someone angers, frustrates or annoys you it's an issue with that someone. If a number of people anger, frustrate or annoy you in a similar way it becomes a pattern to us.

Often then we move to looking for something to explain and categorise this repeated set of issues. At least some of us do.
But while there are problem areas across types that can be observed, it pays not to give into the temptation to just write off a type on the assumption every time will be the same.

Afterall other ESxx types can annoy each other and the same is true of any letter combination. It's sifting between the information in the experiences in order to prevent chips from forming.

They get very moldy when left on shoulders.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESxxs and INxxs can be friends.

6V5kJ4Q.gif

Sort of.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What's is quite interesting though is that stereotypical annoying ESFP's in MBTI can be typed ENFp in socionics. Think Brook Soso in OITNB. Idk what she is typed in mbti but I could easily see her being typed ESFP (ENFp in socionics).

Socionics does not hold the same bias as ESFp's are considered powerful and often to be looked up to. A great example of these in socionics are Catherine The Great and Napoleon Bonaparte both typed ESFp.

I think the mbti types descriptions for ESFP's are pretty lacking and it gives rise to negative associations especially from more heady internet forumy types.

Also look at Echnida's type description for IEE (socionics ENFp) really quite different from the mbti ENFP, though actually it really resonates with me, possibly more than the mbti ENFP description. I think Jack has done some good work making comprehensive English descriptions of Socionics types.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As i've said before the norms of the world are made for ESXXs, especially ESTJs (mainly because they are consistent in their habbits).

However lacking in Fi they tend to press their weight on others or condescend others. This is where the irritation begins for INXXs. Not only don't they fit in at most times, there are ESs there to remind them that they suck.

However, as an consolation to ESs and those who feel sorrow for them (@ op) they have what matters the most dealt with; which is life. They only have to spend time developing their feeling functions/Fi thereby stop being condescending jerks (estjs), not press their shit/Fe on others (esfjs) or be more consistent with their habbits (esps).

INxxs on the other hand have to deal with the harder aspect of life, which is life. Intjs seem to be fine though. Quite fine.

Because there is a disproportionate amount of INxx types here, and they have chips on their shoulders. ESxx types win much of the love offline, as they are often seen as the standard for what is a normal and desirable personality. INxx types may be seen as, well, the opposite of that. Even if appreciated, INxx personalities may be seen as odd and there can be a sense of alienation for them. So here is some place they can gather together and whine about it :tongue:

And before anyone cries Fi, I see INTPs and INFJs whining just as much, and this forum in particular has more of an NT vibe overall.

Yeah infact i have seldom seen infps complain about those types. It is mostly intps, young male intjs.

Could it be because they see in them what they don't have or do they use life size dolls of these people to perform curses on them? :D.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ps - if you are a infj male you'll never be fine.

Mane

Permabanned
I am sorry, I thought we were all on the same page:
TypoC's reason for existing is to operate as an underground meeting place for coordinating the IN revolution.

All E & S members were supposed to be commissioned the yellow N... If you haven't gotten yours yet, make it yourself, your supposed to be a sensor for god's sake.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I am sorry, I thought we were all on the same page:
TypoC's reason for existing is to operate as an underground meeting place for coordinate the IN revolution.

All E & S members were supposed to be commissioned the yellow N... If you haven't gotten yours yet, make it yourself, your supposed to be a sensor for god's sake.

I've got the arm tattoo instead.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
not "us," just you :devil:

I'd like an explanation for why I have a shitload of posts and have been here forever if I hate all things online and theoretical

and for the record, I hate mainstream sports :thelook:

Welcome to the exceptions! (In germany) pretty much every ESTP I know loves sex, soccer, and FPS.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
but after coming across numerous and numerous exceptions you have to start and think maybe that's not the exception but rather the norm. and what i thought was the norm is actually the expection

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
but after coming across numerous and numerous exceptions you have to start and think maybe that's not the exception but rather the norm. and what i thought was the norm is actually the expection
Right? People like to dismiss anecdotal evidence as being "exceptions to the rule", but at what point do you have to consider it as possibly valid? How many anecdotes do you have to hear before it starts to become a pattern?

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know why people paired up ESXX's together when there are two temperaments which is SJ's and SP's. What's with all the SP and SJ hate dislike towards the extroverts?
There isn't any that I'm aware of, with the exception of ISxPs who sometimes see ESxJs as "cramping their style" -- but there are so few ISxPs on the forum that you don't see much of that here.

Things That Only People on Vast-Majority-N Forums Can Get Away with Saying: Part 1,974