• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do INTJ still keep in touch with their exes... too much?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think everything you said makes sense and is really on point.

1) I do not know for sure, but I am almost completely positive he broke up with her. His ex was an ENFP as well. She seems way too interested and up his butt, for me to think it's the other way around. Plus, he told me some of the problems he had with her was watching her openly flirt with other men in front of him, and she wouldn't tone down the flirting. He also told me that she always perceived him as controlling her, he would suggest/advise her on some things, and she would do the exact opposite just to tick him off. It sounded like a volatile relationship.

2) He's an INTJ 6w5 sx/so, and I'm an ENFP 7w6 sx/so, our chemistry is insane and off the charts. We have insane chemistry on the mental/intellectual, emotional, and sexual level. We have not met in person but we video-chatted for like 2 months straight for hours every single day. I think because we are both Head Types on the Enneagram, our connection is more in sync, especially with being both SX types. He told me his ex-girlfriend is an ENFP 4w3, and he feels a better and healthier connection with me than he does with her. I am pretty positive the chemistry is still going to be there when we meet in person, it sounds crazy to everyone, but we have gotten really close, revealing everything to each other. It's a very intimate bond we have established. He even told me himself in a message that he's never had a connection with another person like he has with me, and it's a deep connection he's never experienced before and he knows it's "real".

3) I do plan on kissing and making out with him when we meet, he expressed he wants to do that too. I believe it's one of those situations where I will have to force myself not to sleep with him too soon. Our bond isn't only just on the mental and emotional level, it's on the sexual level as well. There will be flames.

There seems to be your problem. :dry:

On a serious note, why do you judge him based on what his ex says about him? What does he say?

A list that I can make of myself.

1. I don't know how to deal with people.
  2. I don't know how to say NO to people, see point nr 1.
  3. I do lie to myself (serious soul searching, after numerous XXFPs told me that)
  4. I don't know how to use Fi
  5. My viewpoint will never be your viewpoint.
  6. I don't know how to be honest with myself. I don't want to rather, because I don't want to deal with feelings, they are just emotions to me.
  7. When I become my shadow, the ESFP (negative one). Dealing in absolutes are fuelled by my child like Fi. (in that mode) overindulging and with weak values.
  8. Feelings (considering other people) are not what I am good at. That would be your department.
  9. I accept that I will never be as good as you at what you do best.
  10. I need you to understand that I am not you.
  11. I have difficulty getting people to agree with me.
  12. I talk in general, detail is not my thing. I assume you are following my context.
  13. I don't context switch as often as you.

Don't believe me? Hear what these experts have to say... of course in a spoiler.

ImNoBozo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There seems to be your problem. :dry:

On a serious note, why do you judge him based on what his ex says about him? What does he say?

A list that I can make of myself.

1. I don't know how to deal with people.
  2. I don't know how to say NO to people, see point nr 1.
  3. I do lie to myself (serious soul searching, after numerous XXFPs told me that)
  4. I don't know how to use Fi
  5. My viewpoint will never be your viewpoint.
  6. I don't know how to be honest with myself. I don't want to rather, because I don't want to deal with feelings, they are just emotions to me.
  7. When I become my shadow, the ESFP (negative one). Dealing in absolutes are fuelled by my child like Fi. (in that mode) overindulging and with weak values.
  8. Feelings (considering other people) are not what I am good at. That would be your department.
  9. I accept that I will never be as good as you at what you do best.
  10. I need you to understand that I am not you.
  11. I have difficulty getting people to agree with me.
  12. I talk in general, detail is not my thing. I assume you are following my context.
  13. I don't context switch as often as you.

Don't believe me? Hear what these experts have to say... of course in a spoiler.

I never judged him based on what his ex said about him... I don't know his ex, I never met her. What are you talking about?? I never said anything like that.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I never judged him based on what his ex said about him... I don't know his ex, I never met her. What are you talking about?? I never said anything like that.

What am I talking about? Have a look here...

Isn't this like cheating? He seems like he's emotionally involved with both me and his ex at this point and it's disgusting that he tells me he's not. His ex, judging from her comments on her business facebook page, clearly wants him still, the heart emojis by his name? Come on. Who even knows if he's even sleeping with her. And he's just as supportive of her, "liking" all of her posts on her page.

I don't even know what to do, or how to overcome this. I've already asked him twice if he's seeing someone else and he said "no". What am I suppose to say, I've been stalking your facebook page and learned otherwise? The information is crystal clear, right there, it's nothing I'm imagining or weaving together.

You claim you don't judge him, but you do judge her. You are "weaving" things together because of how you judge her.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am going to advocate the direct approach. Tell him you were looking at his Facebook profile and noticed he still talks to his ex-girlfriend. Ask him, "Are you still interested in her? Are you still involved with her?" Then, wait to hear the answer. Ask when you can actually see his face so you can read the response as well visually.

The problem with this sort of approach is that it creates an situation where he can make excuses, which he certainly will if he is just playing. So you are pretty much guaranteed to get one answer type of answer "no im not interested on her" and then you need to figure out if its a lie or not, which basically is the same as no answer. Smarter move would be to place some trap(and not let him know of it ofc) that would alter his answer if he were telling the truth or lying. Something like not telling him that she has seen him talking with his ex, then asking not something like do you still like your ex, but more like prime the situation first like "how/why did you broke up?" and if says its something bad she did, then ask something like "that sounds so bad that you must not want to be in any interaction with her, right?". Then if he wants to lie about his ex, he will lie about not wanting to interact with her anymore, but if he is not lying he feels more free to admit that he has forgiven her. Maybe put few of something similar to this one and you can tell his intentions, just be sure that he has no idea that you know the real answers to your questions, and dont do it too much or he will become suspicious of you, like why you are all of a sdden asking all sorts of questions like that.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The problem with this sort of approach is that it creates an situation where he can make excuses, which he certainly will if he is just playing. So you are pretty much guaranteed to get one answer type of answer "no im not interested on her" and then you need to figure out if its a lie or not, which basically is the same as no answer. Smarter move would be to place some trap(and not let him know of it ofc) that would alter his answer if he were telling the truth or lying. Something like not telling him that she has seen him talking with his ex, then asking not something like do you still like your ex, but more like prime the situation first like "how/why did you broke up?" and if says its something bad she did, then ask something like "that sounds so bad that you must not want to be in any interaction with her, right?". Then if he wants to lie about his ex, he will lie about not wanting to interact with her anymore, but if he is not lying he feels more free to admit that he has forgiven her. Maybe put few of something similar to this one and you can tell his intentions, just be sure that he has no idea that you know the real answers to your questions, and dont do it too much or he will become suspicious of you, like why you are all of a sdden asking all sorts of questions like that.

I think she does have a point, ExTJs will have a quick response and can lie their way easily. Similar to what you are expressing here. IxTJs not so much.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think she does have a point, ExTJs will have a quick response and can lie their way easily. Similar to what you are expressing here. IxTJs not so much.

Do you think that INTJ would not tell a lie(regardless if its a good lie or not) if not lying means to ruin a thing he wants to keep on going? And since you will reply with ofc he would lie, then we get to the questions of telling lie from the truth again. Now what if she asks a direct question and it takes 2 minutes for him to reply? How can you tell if he is just bad at expressing stuff, was doing something else and couldnt reply immediately or trying to make up a lie? Then if you ask him "what took you so long to reply on a simply question?" and he replies with "i spilled coffee", how do you tell if thats a lie? In the end whether or not you think IXTJs are good or bad liars, it comes down to trust, trust that should not be given to someone who you never even met..
So could you tell me exactly why do you think that direct question that will give always the same answer, but it could be a lie would be better than a question that would tell if he is lying or not?

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you think that INTJ would not tell a lie(regardless if its a good lie or not) if not lying means to ruin a thing he wants to keep on going? And since you will reply with ofc he would lie, then we get to the questions of telling lie from the truth again. Now what if she asks a direct question and it takes 2 minutes for him to reply? How can you tell if he is just bad at expressing stuff, was doing something else and couldnt reply immediately or trying to make up a lie? Then if you ask him "what took you so long to reply on a simply question?" and he replies with "i spilled coffee", how do you tell if thats a lie? In the end whether or not you think IXTJs are good or bad liars, it comes down to trust, trust that should not be given to someone who you never even met..
So could you tell me exactly why do you think that direct question that will give always the same answer, but it could be a lie would be better than a question that would tell if he is lying or not?

I do think that IxTJs lie, it's the way they lie. But that's not the point here. It is what they (IxTJs) do when they lie and further their reaction. They, the xNFPs, can read that very well.

Your way isn't wrong, just not the best in this situation. :hug:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Your way isn't wrong, just not the best in this situation. :hug:

What makes it worse if it gives more accurate results? Also i should remind you that ENFPs want to believe good in others(especially those they like very much), so even if there would be some suspicion about the answer, it could still get through with some believable excuses. My way wouldnt leave any room for doubt or excuses(if done properly), so it doesent make any sense why it would be worse.. But if you have decided that the direct question way is better, im sure you can explain the reasons behind your conclusion, if not, then your opinion isnt relevant because it doesent have any basis on reason(sorry, but intuitive/feeling type of rationale just doesent work in this sort of situation).

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What makes it worse if it gives more accurate results? Also i should remind you that ENFPs want to believe good in others(especially those they like very much), so even if there would be some suspicion about the answer, it could still get through with some believable excuses. My way wouldnt leave any room for doubt or excuses(if done properly), so it doesent make any sense why it would be worse.. But if you have decided that the direct question way is better, im sure you can explain the reasons behind your conclusion, if not, then your opinion isnt relevant because it doesent have any basis on reason(sorry, but intuitive/feeling type of rationale just doesent work in this sort of situation).

I can't explain it, you're right. I am terrible at explaining it. But that's just it, they are very good at reading when the IxTJ shows their shadow, because we are weak.

You can accept that they are not as good as you at what you do, as you are not as good at what they do. They can recognise, what you cannot?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I can't explain it, you're right. I am terrible at explaining it. But that's just it, they are very good at reading when the IxTJ shows their shadow, because we are weak.

You can accept that they are not as good as you at what you do, as you are not as good at what they do. They can recognise, what you cannot?

The INTJ in this case has experience with ENFPs, which means that he can be very good at saying the right things. ENFPs can be easily fooled if you know what you are doing(i was raised by one, so if any i know). This ENFP havent even met this INTJ in real life and the interactions they might have about this subject is over interwebs, which makes it even easier to lie, maybe there is a webcam that can make it a bit harder, but still easier than face to face. Like i said, even if there is some suspicion about whether or not he is telling a lie, its left on suspicion, few nice words can overthrow the suspicion.
The bottom line is this:

Direct question leaves room for lies and its hard to get anything more than a suspicion from this.
Indirect question(s) leaves no room for lies or suspicion.

= indirect is superior

Starry

What am I talking about? Have a look here...

You claim you don't judge him, but you do judge her. You are "weaving" things together because of how you judge her.

Obviously, I can't speak for ImNoBozo but what I *think* is going on here is that... the word judgment is being used by you in a relatively neutral, straightforward fashion... while her usage is charged with 'righteousness.'

In her world... she doesn't quite have enough information yet to *judge* this INTJ... but she's most certainly judging the ex. Which?

You know, maybe if I wasn't so close in type to ImNoBozo I'd just let this slide but... I have never understood this passing (righteous) judgment on the ex or "other woman" bullshit. And I'm not saying I'm above jealousy. But my jealousy has always stemmed from my misperception of my SO's intentions in response to some other woman's advances and not the other woman's behavior in and of itself.

I acknowledge and publicly admit that 7 causes me to imagine myself as a *real catch* when I'm totally not... but [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION] and I have discussed this very thing many times before... Of not experiencing jealousy but respect haha in a "nice work/crafty" kind of way when faced with a determined "other woman."

It's just something I've always wanted so badly to understand and have never once received an answer to. If some other woman succeeds in stealing away the affections of an SO subsequently ending my relationship...then that other woman did me a favor.

^^Anyway, I understand ImNoBozo isn't quite at the stages I'm describing above. And for all the bad press we receive...I do know how decidedly unsuperficial we are when it comes to honoring the sacred connection she describes. I routinely discuss all the unhealthy and destructive reasons why the ENFP 7 avoids commitment and pain but today wish to include this caveat: no one should judge us in the righteously charged sense of the word for so often choosing to wade instead of swim. Or at least qualify the judgment first with the proper measures of how deeply we do feel and how quickly we can drown.

[MENTION=25239]ImNoBozo[/MENTION] if you ask this INTJ a direct question the chances he'll answer with more truth then you originally wanted are extraordinarily high.

Gizmo

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Functionally I don't know why... I'm actually usually a bit worried that I can come off a bit wishy washy. For one; I'm not big into relationships... I get to know someone for a month, and usually we clique well if I stick around that long, but when I get to a point that I realize I'm thinking to much about it... That's when I go distant, and then somewhere in the next month or two I'll be reflecting on memories, and someone will cross my mind... Usually it's a "huh, I wonder how they have been"... And occasionally it's a " Actually I'm not sure why I closed the door, could have been a good thing." That typically turns into to the though of a could be followed by a hopefully not to sporadic text message. To me the distance away only feels like maybe a week... I don't typically recognise how long it's truly been. We are known to hold sincere acquaintances pretty close. As a result it may shed shed light on the saying "time fly's" or "Seems like it was yesterday" never minding how long its actually been... We don't tend to be good at remembering specific days on a calendar unless it's an upcoming task like preparing for a job interview, or to remember a deadline.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Direct question leaves room for lies and its hard to get anything more than a suspicion from this.
Indirect question(s) leaves no room for lies or suspicion.

= indirect is superior

imo, in this situation, an indirect question is nearly useless with an INTJ. Their Ni is thinking of too many possible meanings to why you're asking whatever obsequious question you're asking, as they try to parse whatever vague point you appear to be pressing. It's nearly guaranteed they will conclude incorrectly. Direct questions leave little margin for this type of misread or error.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
imo, in this situation, an indirect question is nearly useless with an INTJ. Their Ni is thinking of too many possible meanings to why you're asking whatever obsequious question you're asking, as they try to parse whatever vague point you appear to be pressing. It's nearly guaranteed they will conclude incorrectly. Direct questions leave little margin for this type of misread or error.
I agree. Give me an indirect question, and if I am trying to be helpful and honest, I may very well not give you the information you are looking for because I misunderstand what you want to know. If I am trying to avoid giving up information or to direct the conversation in a certain way (or be even more manipulative), you have handed me a wildcard that I can twist in any of several directions. It is much harder to do this with direct questions.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree. Give me an indirect question, and if I am trying to be helpful and honest, I may very well not give you the information you are looking for because I misunderstand what you want to know. If I am trying to avoid giving up information or to direct the conversation in a certain way (or be even more manipulative), you have handed me a wildcard that I can twist in any of several directions. It is much harder to do this with direct questions.

Hence, why I think [MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION]'s solution works better on ExTJs (of course with Si/Ni having different outcomes). But his approach would make more sense on them.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Obviously, I can't speak for ImNoBozo but what I *think* is going on here is that... the word judgment is being used by you in a relatively neutral, straightforward fashion... while her usage is charged with 'righteousness.'

In her world... she doesn't quite have enough information yet to *judge* this INTJ... but she's most certainly judging the ex. Which?

You know, maybe if I wasn't so close in type to ImNoBozo I'd just let this slide but... I have never understood this passing (righteous) judgment on the ex or "other woman" bullshit. And I'm not saying I'm above jealousy. But my jealousy has always stemmed from my misperception of my SO's intentions in response to some other woman's advances and not the other woman's behavior in and of itself.

I acknowledge and publicly admit that 7 causes me to imagine myself as a *real catch* when I'm totally not... but [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION] and I have discussed this very thing many times before... Of not experiencing jealousy but respect haha in a "nice work/crafty" kind of way when faced with a determined "other woman."

It's just something I've always wanted so badly to understand and have never once received an answer to. If some other woman succeeds in stealing away the affections of an SO subsequently ending my relationship...then that other woman did me a favor.

^^Anyway, I understand ImNoBozo isn't quite at the stages I'm describing above. And for all the bad press we receive...I do know how decidedly unsuperficial we are when it comes to honoring the sacred connection she describes. I routinely discuss all the unhealthy and destructive reasons why the ENFP 7 avoids commitment and pain but today wish to include this caveat: no one should judge us in the righteously charged sense of the word for so often choosing to wade instead of swim. Or at least qualify the judgment first with the proper measures of how deeply we do feel and how quickly we can drown.

[MENTION=25239]ImNoBozo[/MENTION] if you ask this INTJ a direct question the chances he'll answer with more truth then you originally wanted are extraordinarily high.

:laugh:

It's also sad, but it is what it is.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People can lie on the Internet...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think everything you said makes sense and is really on point.

1) I do not know for sure, but I am almost completely positive he broke up with her. His ex was an ENFP as well. She seems way too interested and up his butt, for me to think it's the other way around. Plus, he told me some of the problems he had with her was watching her openly flirt with other men in front of him, and she wouldn't tone down the flirting. He also told me that she always perceived him as controlling her, he would suggest/advise her on some things, and she would do the exact opposite just to tick him off. It sounded like a volatile relationship.

2) He's an INTJ 6w5 sx/so, and I'm an ENFP 7w6 sx/so, our chemistry is insane and off the charts. We have insane chemistry on the mental/intellectual, emotional, and sexual level. We have not met in person but we video-chatted for like 2 months straight for hours every single day. I think because we are both Head Types on the Enneagram, our connection is more in sync, especially with being both SX types. He told me his ex-girlfriend is an ENFP 4w3, and he feels a better and healthier connection with me than he does with her. I am pretty positive the chemistry is still going to be there when we meet in person, it sounds crazy to everyone, but we have gotten really close, revealing everything to each other. It's a very intimate bond we have established. He even told me himself in a message that he's never had a connection with another person like he has with me, and it's a deep connection he's never experienced before and he knows it's "real".

3) I do plan on kissing and making out with him when we meet, he expressed he wants to do that too. I believe it's one of those situations where I will have to force myself not to sleep with him too soon. Our bond isn't only just on the mental and emotional level, it's on the sexual level as well. There will be flames.

I guess this is the problem with long distance online relationships. You need to meet each other. Is there a reason you can't be physically together?

I don't think I'd be binary in thinking about this - if this, then that, or there is no trust so you don't have a relationship, etc. You both are probably doing the best you can in the circumstances but long distance online seems like it would be a difficult thing.

Destiny

A wannabe dog
ENFP female here, recently met this INTJ, hit it off, he directly told me he wants to pursue and date me, I said the feelings are mutual. We met online and video chatted, we live too many states away, I'm suppose to meet him next month in person. We already have insane amounts of chemistry and he even professed to me that he's not had a connection like this before. We used to talk all the time when we first met, now not as much. He said he's been "busy" with his new job.

Well....

I was going through his facebook page and I learned he started talking to me right around the time he broke up with his ex girlfriend (so what am I here, a rebound???). They were together for 1.5 years. They are no longer friends on facebook. However, they are still in touch, he helps her with her business, and I learned this through the facebook business page his ex girlfriend created for his business and that he "liked". He likes all the stuff she posts, and everything. She once posted a pic of him on there, she also posted another pic with his name and heart emoji's next to it. What is that suppose to mean?

Here's what troubles me:

I've asked him on two separate occasions that if he's seeing someone now, he needs to let me know now so I can move on, it's not fair to me to I told him, I said to him I don't want to become more vulnerable and I NEED TO KNOW NOW, I don't like talking to a guy who's involved with another woman or talking to another women (especially his ex!). When I asked him two separate times, he told me he's not involved with anyone else on those two separate times. And all I can think is, "liar".

Isn't this like cheating? He seems like he's emotionally involved with both me and his ex at this point and it's disgusting that he tells me he's not. His ex, judging from her comments on her business facebook page, clearly wants him still, the heart emojis by his name? Come on. Who even knows if he's even sleeping with her. And he's just as supportive of her, "liking" all of her posts on her page.

I don't even know what to do, or how to overcome this. I've already asked him twice if he's seeing someone else and he said "no". What am I suppose to say, I've been stalking your facebook page and learned otherwise? The information is crystal clear, right there, it's nothing I'm imagining or weaving together.

I would never think an INTJ is this dishonest. I'm an ENFP and despite the reputation my type has, I never lie about these things. Am I overreacting here? Why would INTJs keep in touch with ex's this much?

Something smells fishy here.

His actions are contradicting his words. I have this gut feeling that he is still harboring feelings for his ex, and he is only keeping you around because he likes your attention.

And he's been busy with his new job eh? Unbelievable! When a guy truly likes a girl, no matter how busy he is, he will always fork out time from his schedule for her.
My brother for example, he struggles with depression, he worked 6 days a week in a highly stressful job, yet he still has time for his girlfriend.

Since he is keeping you as his option and isn't taking you seriously, I suggest you to keep your options open and date other guys. Tell him that since he isn't ready to commit to you then you want an open relationship and date other guys. Tell him that you will only be exclusive with him once he made up his mind about you.

Also, I highly doubt this has anything to do with him being an INTJ. He just sounds like someone who is lacking integrity :dry:

As humans, all of us have this thing known as gut feelings, and I believe that deep down, your gut feeling already knew what happened, hence you created this thread. But you are trying to convince yourself that those gut feelings are inaccurate. I think you should go with your gut feelings instead of second guessing it. People can tell lies, but your gut feeling never lies.

ImNoBozo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Functionally I don't know why... I'm actually usually a bit worried that I can come off a bit wishy washy. For one; I'm not big into relationships... I get to know someone for a month, and usually we clique well if I stick around that long, but when I get to a point that I realize I'm thinking to much about it... That's when I go distant, and then somewhere in the next month or two I'll be reflecting on memories, and someone will cross my mind... Usually it's a "huh, I wonder how they have been"... And occasionally it's a " Actually I'm not sure why I closed the door, could have been a good thing." That typically turns into to the though of a could be followed by a hopefully not to sporadic text message. To me the distance away only feels like maybe a week... I don't typically recognise how long it's truly been. We are known to hold sincere acquaintances pretty close. As a result it may shed shed light on the saying "time fly's" or "Seems like it was yesterday" never minding how long its actually been... We don't tend to be good at remembering specific days on a calendar unless it's an upcoming task like preparing for a job interview, or to remember a deadline.

I once met an INTJ in my town that I met online, we met up once and we liked each other. I didn't feel a chemistry with him, I believe it's because he was INTJ sp/sx and I'm ENFP sx/so. I didn't like that he was very "soft" and way too shy. We are friends on facebook and continued to keep in touch, I did like talking to him a lot, and I think a chemistry with him could be cultivated overtime.

So I didn't hear from him for months. 6 months later he sends me a facebook message telling me he wants to get together and get to know me well to date, he said that I must have been wondering why he didn't initiate any dates or anything, he said because love and matters of the heart are a big deal to him and he needed time to think things over. I responded with "I'm busy at the moment, but let's get together soon" which never ended up happening. Honestly, by 6 months later, the small amount of interest in him was completely gone. I still adore him as a person and he will always be very dear to me, for some reason.