• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Whats My Type?

Eastwood

I've been studying MBTI for the last 3 years and still cant figure out my personality. I've taken every test and studied every angle of MBTI. Yet I still find the compulsion to want to take and retake every personality test ever made. Now I'm just more confused and unsure of what characteristics I belong to.

So I'm going to list everything I know about what I've done and know up to this point, and hopefully somebody can help me with answers.

- When I first took one of the online tests (3 years ago) I scored INFP

- I've been told by somebody with knowledge on this topic, that I'm ENFP

- My friends categorize me as ENTP

- I see myself as simple minded and practical rather than intuitive.

- I'm sold on being spontaneous, considering I've jumped and quit 10 jobs in the last 2 years.

- I've had people tell me that I come off as structured and serious, but then realize I'm great company.

- I sold timeshares for the last 3 years and found that I'm pretty good with talking to people and asking hard questions.

- In other words, I've been in the sales and customer service side of jobs for 7 years now.

- I just got a job doing more handy work, which is something I've never done, but feel like might come naturally to me.

- I would never talk to any of my co-workers at the last job, for reasons that are unknown, but I think I came off as ISTP

- I start every conversation with "long story short..." but its never short (lol)

- Other online tests have categorized me as ESFP or ESTP

- I kinda wish I was more ESTJ or ESFJ!

- I'm pretty driven and goal based

- I've been told that I speak with authority

- I've also been viewed as a people pleaser

- I've been told I'm a good sales man, but I've quit alot of sales jobs because of politics at work and not getting along with management.

- I think on my feet and can talk my way in and out of any subject.

- I also procrastinate allot

- I was viewed as dumb in high school for learning disabilities and at times being the class clown or kid who fell asleep.

- I was shy at times in high school and times when I was popular and outgoing.

- Today people think I'm smart, but i think I'm just more practical than most people. (says the guy who's quit 10 jobs!)

- I think people view sensors as stupid, (not true), so i was thinking that maybe I just developed my intuition and this is why I'm viewed as much more intelligent by my peers now than before?

- I do well in school right now, but i procrastinate allot!

- If I'm not enjoying a cigarette with my friends, drinking, talking about how the day went, then I'm thinking about it while walking around a park.

I know its allot, I could use the help, Thanks!

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Which of these do you relate most to? Any comments about why you think so is also helpful.

X
Type X is about seizing the moment, becoming immersed in the here and now, pleasurably and spontaneously interacting with people, things, and situations of interest. It is being aware of, fully tuned into, and energized by the options and impulses of the moment. It is making “work” into play, learning by doing, and enjoying the creative process. It is being attuned to the variety, quality, and aesthetic appeal of sensory experiences. Type X notices tangible realities and relates to them in a pragmatic fashion.

Y
Type Y scans the external world to explore new ideas, new people, and emergent possibilities. The type Y mind is imaginative, inventive, and innovative - seeing and describing ways things can be reshaped, altered, or improved. It naturally energizes people and engages action towards a vision of what could be . . . of future possibilities.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been studying MBTI for the last 3 years and still cant figure out my personality. I've taken every test and studied every angle of MBTI. Yet I still find the compulsion to want to take and retake every personality test ever made. Now I'm just more confused and unsure of what characteristics I belong to.

So I'm going to list everything I know about what I've done and know up to this point, and hopefully somebody can help me with answers.

- When I first took one of the online tests (3 years ago) I scored INFP

- I've been told by somebody with knowledge on this topic, that I'm ENFP

- My friends categorize me as ENTP

- I see myself as simple minded and practical rather than intuitive.

- I'm sold on being spontaneous, considering I've jumped and quit 10 jobs in the last 2 years.

- I've had people tell me that I come off as structured and serious, but then realize I'm great company.

- I sold timeshares for the last 3 years and found that I'm pretty good with talking to people and asking hard questions.

- In other words, I've been in the sales and customer service side of jobs for 7 years now.

- I just got a job doing more handy work, which is something I've never done, but feel like might come naturally to me.

- I would never talk to any of my co-workers at the last job, for reasons that are unknown, but I think I came off as ISTP

- I start every conversation with "long story short..." but its never short (lol)

- Other online tests have categorized me as ESFP or ESTP

- I kinda wish I was more ESTJ or ESFJ!

- I'm pretty driven and goal based

- I've been told that I speak with authority

- I've also been viewed as a people pleaser

- I've been told I'm a good sales man, but I've quit alot of sales jobs because of politics at work and not getting along with management.

- I think on my feet and can talk my way in and out of any subject.

- I also procrastinate allot

- I was viewed as dumb in high school for learning disabilities and at times being the class clown or kid who fell asleep.

- I was shy at times in high school and times when I was popular and outgoing.

- Today people think I'm smart, but i think I'm just more practical than most people. (says the guy who's quit 10 jobs!)

- I think people view sensors as stupid, (not true), so i was thinking that maybe I just developed my intuition and this is why I'm viewed as much more intelligent by my peers now than before?

- I do well in school right now, but i procrastinate allot!

- If I'm not enjoying a cigarette with my friends, drinking, talking about how the day went, then I'm thinking about it while walking around a park.

I know its allot, I could use the help, Thanks!

ENTP

Eastwood

Which of these do you relate most to? Any comments about why you think so is also helpful.

X
Type X is about seizing the moment, becoming immersed in the here and now, pleasurably and spontaneously interacting with people, things, and situations of interest. It is being aware of, fully tuned into, and energized by the options and impulses of the moment. It is making “work” into play, learning by doing, and enjoying the creative process. It is being attuned to the variety, quality, and aesthetic appeal of sensory experiences. Type X notices tangible realities and relates to them in a pragmatic fashion.

Y
Type Y scans the external world to explore new ideas, new people, and emergent possibilities. The type Y mind is imaginative, inventive, and innovative - seeing and describing ways things can be reshaped, altered, or improved. It naturally energizes people and engages action towards a vision of what could be . . . of future possibilities.

X
I read allot of self help books that deal with the practicality of this type. (Power of Now, How to win friends and influence people, etc.) I find myself in moments where I tell myself that nothing else matters but the time that is given to me in this present moment. So i am aware of my presence and often refer to the past for information or introspection. I don't usually have nonsensical conversations, they are with relevance to the moment or in correlation to whatever topic that is being communicated. I always want to work and stay on top of things.... but then i procrastinate by playing games, reading something interesting, or talking to my friends. (lol) So, I suppose i enjoy more of a fun like setting in a work environment. Not a behind the desk type of person! lol. At parties I'm the first to want to play a game rather than chill out.

Y
I suppose after my long response on X, I can be perceived as somebody who scans my world to come up with idea and concepts. I have a great imagination and can visualize possibilities. I actually admire personalities of introverted intuition! When I took a assessment test in high school, the assessment said that im more hands on and I learn best by doing. However, now that I'm older (25) I feel that I can read about something and come to a conclusion in my mind and finish peoples sentences allot more than before. So perhaps I've developed the intuition. However, I feel that you have to be really smart to have the personality type of ENTP or INTJ. Simply because, most of these types have high IQ's. I think my IQ is only about average, if not slightly below average. witch indicates to me that I'am naturally simple minded, leaning more on sensing.....

In other words, I would relate with X more. Because X is something I feel I gravitate towards the most. When I make plans or goals, I always think of whats realistic and probable from past experiences. Its hard for me to vision five years into the future, when I still need to get things done in the present moment. This does not indicate that I don't see the big picture from time to time or that I'm not optimistic. I could vary well be Y and have a wrong understanding of intuition.

My answer is X.... (lol)

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One more pair, same question ... Which of these do you relate most to? Any comments about why you think so is also helpful.
(yes, I know X is repeated. but I am looking for what you see/think when you see them side by side.)

X

Z
Type Z reaches out to attach and interact with other living things . . . nurturing relationships. It is about validating and valuing others, encouraging, coaching, educating and motivating. It is protecting, helping, and caretaking. The type Z mind organizes action consistent with values, beliefs, spiritual foundations, and sense of humanity - how people (and other living things) ought to be treated. Type Z promotes collaboration, a shared sense of community, and harmony in interpersonal relationships.

Eastwood

One more pair, same question ... Which of these do you relate most to? Any comments about why you think so is also helpful.
(yes, I know X is repeated. but I am looking for what you see/think when you see them side by side.)

X

Z
Type Z reaches out to attach and interact with other living things . . . nurturing relationships. It is about validating and valuing others, encouraging, coaching, educating and motivating. It is protecting, helping, and caretaking. The type Z mind organizes action consistent with values, beliefs, spiritual foundations, and sense of humanity - how people (and other living things) ought to be treated. Type Z promotes collaboration, a shared sense of community, and harmony in interpersonal relationships.

X
Ok, so obviously the same, good awareness of the present and referring to past experiences.

Z
Hmm, ok, so this one is interesting. There are times where I feel the need to sacrifice myself for others and feel guilty when I can’t take a friend to work or feed their dog. However, there are times when I’ll feel annoyed or used by somebody asking a simple favor. I usually try to avoid helping people, but then feel guilty for even having that thought. I feel like it’s my duty in conversation to play devil’s advocate and tell people the cold truth, (of course not in a way to purposely put them down or to give inclination that I’m always aware of such emotional intelligence.). I honestly, don’t remember allot of times that I’ve coached, educated, or motivated somebody without thinking of my own needs. I usually did these acts of kindness through abstraction when I was trying to sell somebody something. I don’t think I always have to believe in what I’m doing to sell it, but it does help.
As far as my values and beliefs are concerned, I do visit a psychic I know well and trust (lol). I do have a value based system, just as much as anybody else. I feel that most of the reason for me quitting so many jobs is because I wasn’t happy working with the people involved. However I always justified my actions with looking at logical analysis of the situation (my ability to talk myself into and out of anything.). I would say I do have a bit of a feeling function of sorts that I over look because I came from a sales environment that doesn’t allow for passive aggressive behavior. This along with being raised by an over dominate and assertive mother (she’s also in sales, possibly ESTP), made me feel a sense of competition and less focus on morality for the sake of success.
I was told by a client once who was getting a PHD in psychology, that I come off as a dominate people pleaser, almost like an ENFJ or ENFP
After seeing and re-reading both X and Z, I find myself at odds. However, I will go with Z. Because Z is making me realize how often I do try and help people. Even though I may come off as I don’t want to be helpful at times for whatever reason. I think Z speaks to my core values on how I make choices, there for I’ve been pretending subconsciously to appear more intelligent because of insecurities suffered from my experiences in high school and at home with my mom.

I'm getting the feeling that with both of these together make a ESFJ or ESFP type personality. I'm not sure if this is for me to choose one or the other, but I'll go with Z over X.....

My answer is Z

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay. I am leaning toward ENFJ, but I agree it's not super straight forward. See what you think of this ...

ENFJ's are responsible, energetic types who like being helpful. They have great people skills and enjoy the company of others. They see the world in terms of people and relationships, and they can be particularly effective working with groups. They value loyalty and commitment, and may blame themselves or become resentful of others when there is a conflict. They express their appreciation, and they do best when they are acknowledged for their own good deeds as well.

My next guess would be ESTJ. See which you think fits you best ...

ESTJ's are practical, assertive, and have clear ideas about the right way to do things. They are hard-working and capable, and like to take a leadership role in organizing and running activities. They are outgoing and tend to be active, often enjoying athletic pursuits. Their blunt straightforward style and strong sense of what's right may lead them to speak out against things with which they don't agree. They tend to value tradition and seek security and the status quo.

Eastwood

Okay. I am leaning toward ENFJ, but I agree it's not super straight forward. See what you think of this ...

ENFJ's are responsible, energetic types who like being helpful. They have great people skills and enjoy the company of others. They see the world in terms of people and relationships, and they can be particularly effective working with groups. They value loyalty and commitment, and may blame themselves or become resentful of others when there is a conflict. They express their appreciation, and they do best when they are acknowledged for their own good deeds as well.

My next guess would be ESTJ. See which you think fits you best ...

ESTJ's are practical, assertive, and have clear ideas about the right way to do things. They are hard-working and capable, and like to take a leadership role in organizing and running activities. They are outgoing and tend to be active, often enjoying athletic pursuits. Their blunt straightforward style and strong sense of what's right may lead them to speak out against things with which they don't agree. They tend to value tradition and seek security and the status quo.

ENFJ
I agree with wanting to be helpful, technically who wouldn't? I think I start to feel abused after awhile, I know I certainly don't like being told what to do. I take the leadership role in groups, at my school, I usually take on more projects because I trust myself to get things done and I do everybody else's work for them, in order to get a good grade, lol. I've gone through allot of conflicts in my life, especially in selling timeshares, but I don't think I ever blamed myself for anything. I surly owned up to responsibilities and did accept some blame at times, but ultimately justified it. I can however, dwell on a heated conversation for hours and talk badly about the other individual. I do love hearing appreciation, but I have always been more results driven and let my actions do the talking in a work environment.

ESTJ
I actually really like ESTJ. I admire how they get things done and how successful they are. I feel like I might procrastinate to much to be a ESTJ. I have been told by many people, that I stick to my guns and its extremely hard to change my mind once I made a choice or perception about something. Going back to what I wrote for ENFJ, I did mention how I enjoy the leadership role in a group setting (at school) and running the projects. I feel like to be a sensing type, you have to automatically be athletic. I don't consider myself a athlete, but I don't necessarily consider myself aloof or unable to live in reality either. I speak out on things I don't agree with! I don't know if I'm vary straightforward, I mean I'm righting massive paragraphs to in answering something so simple. I can be dry with people at times and authoritative. But I'am vary detailed when I speak and write (obviously). I don't know if I have all the characteristics of a ESTJ.

Honestly, I'am surprised by getting a J function. That being said, I do agree with your analysis and appreciate your time and review. I want to lean more ESTJ, simply because I come across as more serious and analytical than I do with a idealist personality. I carry myself more ESTJ, than I do ENFJ. Not to say I don't appreciate ENFJ, I find myself more practical than ENFJ. I can see myself as both of these. I like ESTJ more than ENFJ and Feel that my inner ENFJ would ware off after doing a couple good deeds, I finally snap and wonder why Its my responsibility. I'm also vary career and goal focused, more so than the typical ENFJ.

My answer is ESTJ

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll throw one more in for consideration (compare all three), and then I'll let others take a crack at it ...

ESTP's are outgoing, adventurous, and constantly on the go. Charming and friendly with great people skills, they relish being the center of attention. Their time horizon is the here and now, and they seek to make as much of it as possible. They can be impulsive and restless risk-takers, and impatient with anything or anyone that limits them. They do not like authority or rules, but are faithful to their friends and family.

Eastwood

First and foremost (Without appearing like an ENFJ or downplaying any other type, lol) thank you very much, you've been extremely helpful!

ESTP
For so long, I've tested as EXXP allot! But now I'm starting to really open my eyes to the idea of me possibly being more structured than I thought. I always saw ESTP as the crazy person at the party that has no self control and want to lite the house on fire or poke fun of the bouncer at the night club. I kinda saw this type as crazy, but also really cool! I like allot of ESTP's, like Churchill and Roosevelt. I also feel like ESTP's are more athletic. Its not that I'm that bad at athletics, but I just don't see myself with that James Dean/Lebron James persona of the jock who bangs chicks every other night (as much as I would love to be.) I'm more reserved than that, but not to say I'm introverted in any way. I think I have values and a natural sense of what I know is right. As cool and awesome as ESTP's are, I don't think I'm quite as crazy, despite quitting all the jobs I had. After venting on this forum (lol) I feel like I'm a J function.

ENFJ
When I think of this type I think of Martin Luther King. This is a beautiful type in myers briggs, however, I have one really big problem with idealist. As much as I love Gandhi (INFJ, idealist) most NF functions tend to only dream and wait for things to happen. This to me can be really frustrating. One of the biggest reasons why I like ESTP's is because of their ability to act and push forward rather than just simply inspiring without action. That being said, this could explain my procrastination at times, not to say that ENFJ's procrastinate, I'm sure there are underlining reasons for my minor procrastination's. One thing to understand is that everybody has a different perception of who I'am. Some people see me at sharp, smart, assertive, and others see me as kind, inspiring, great with words, and good with people. Perhaps I only think I'm sensing, because of our society and how I was raised based on what idealist would view as ruthless reasoning (thinking).

ESTJ
I'm not always blunt, but I can be dry at times. I've had moments of confronting management in the past and taking pride in doing so. Recently I got suspended for telling my manager to not speak to me in a unprofessional tone, I really got under his skin. I recently took a job doing more handy construction type work, so I'm going to be using that sensing function a little more. In the past I think I've always been practical. But In the past I was also more indecisive and passive. My time in sales made me more assertive and confident than ever before. I can see how I'm a ESTJ and how I relate more to this personality.

No matter where I'am in life, I'll always find a need to chase success, regardless if this was brought up to me or in my DNA, I will always have a compulsion to succeed and complete my high minded ambitions. This has been a vary lengthy, however, very life changing forum. I think I just need to choose one and stick to it....... I think I'll stick with ESTJ, its feels more natural to me.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For many reasons I think it's best for people to find the type they think fits best. While your awareness may change, and so your choice of types, it's the process of self awareness that is most helpful. You are engaging with this is a sincere way, which is great.

I'll toss in, just for fun, that I also think you may be an Enneagram 3.

Three - The Achiever
Type Threes work hard to achieve their goals and to be successful. They are good at seeing what's possible and figuring out how to get the job done efficiently. They value and know how to make a good impression. Emotionally, Threes contain their feelings while offering a friendly and optimistic face to the world. They have difficulty acknowledging their deeper feelings, and their absorption in their own pursuits can lead them to overtax themselves and the people around them.

Eastwood

The process of self awareness is what I admire so much about MBTI, it truly helps us grow.

wow, I actually really like that description! That is probably the most accurate yet, well done, lol. I don't know much about enneagrams, but I agree.

Although I precieve ESTJ to be the proper type for me, I'am wondering what your finale input is.... Do you precieve me as ESTJ? or am I more ENFJ than I may think? Or maybe I'm neither? lol, I just want to see what you think about my type in MBTI, based on our lengthy conversation.

estorm

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I think ESTJ is a good guess. Though remember that it is system that by its very way of creating categories makes these types seem black and white, but they are actually continuums. You may be border line S/N, T/F, and or J/P. This of course makes it harder to be as definitive. Some are more toward the extremes (I happen to be for all four - INTJ) making it easier to tell the difference. Relax and live with this for awhile and see what you think.

Last edited:

Eastwood

You my friend, are a genius. Thank you so much. You've really helped me grow!

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
estorm also has his own mbti and enneagram test, so he is very knowledgeable.

You can find it in this
thread.

He is too modest to self-promote, but it is a really good test.

Eastwood

estorm also has his own mbti and enneagram test, so he is very knowledgeable.

You can find it in this
thread.

He is too modest to self-promote, but it is a really good test.

So FYI, I took the test and got ESTP with enneagram 5, lol
the only reason I disagree with this, is because I don't think I'm all that athletic and as crazy as most ESTP's. But I do see similarities.

Also after trying out the ESTJ persona over the weekend, I realized how I hate ESTJ's, lol

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So FYI, I took the test and got ESTP with enneagram 5, lol
the only reason I disagree with this, is because I don't think I'm all that athletic and as crazy as most ESTP's. But I do see similarities.

Also after trying out the ESTJ persona over the weekend, I realized how I hate ESTJ's, lol

I like both, but then I like pretty much every one, lol.

ESTJs are more goal oriented, organized, and rigid.

ESTPs are more action oriented, even if that just means seeing the opportunity in the moment. ESTPs don't need to be athletes, but many ESTJs are very athletic....

Eastwood

I like both, but then I like pretty much every one, lol.

ESTJs are more goal oriented, organized, and rigid.

ESTPs are more action oriented, even if that just means seeing the opportunity in the moment. ESTPs don't need to be athletes, but many ESTJs are very athletic....

yea, I'm starting to think that I might be more NF than I think, like ENFJ.
However, I can say with confidence I'm not a ESTJ. After talking with my friends I realized that I've had a bad history with ESTJ's in the past. Most of them are reasons why I've quite so many sales jobs. I can see myself ESTP....

I only know for sure that I'm not a introvert, I have to basic of an IQ to be NT, I always thought sensing types were more athletic, and I could be to practical minded to be an idealist, (not to contradict what I previously wrote, lol)

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yea, I'm starting to think that I might be more NF than I think, like ENFJ.
However, I can say with confidence I'm not a ESTJ. After talking with my friends I realized that I've had a bad history with ESTJ's in the past. Most of them are reasons why I've quite so many sales jobs. I can see myself ESTP....

I only know for sure that I'm not a introvert, I have to basic of an IQ to be NT, I always thought sensing types were more athletic, and I could be to practical minded to be an idealist, (not to contradict what I previously wrote, lol)

ENFJ and ESTP share the same functions..... Fe Ni Se Ti vs. Se Ti Fe Ni. So, eventually, a mature ESTP will seem much more like a ENFJ/ESTP combo. No type is automatically more intelligent than another. There is only modest correlation at best between type and IQ.