• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Top 10 favourate films?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nope my own personal film, I couldn't afford to pay 12 different actors so we had to go with 5. The camera angles that had to be created...

I figured everyone got so mad that seven of them got shot, pushed out windows, choked with pudding, or exterminated in some other way during filming.

93JC

Franco Zeffirelli's Romeo & Juliet

I watched that one in high school, on VHS. I was 15, I think. I thought it was great: I was encouraged to watch a movie with bare boobs in it, in English class no less. :D

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I watched that one in high school, on VHS. I was 15, I think. I thought it was great: I was encouraged to watch a movie with bare boobs in it, in English class no less. :D

Bare boobs do add to the quality of a film.;)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Also, in that class of movie, Clash of the Titans. It was breastfeeding boobs. I don't apologize for my juvenile outlook as a juvenile.

But yeah, it's a great movie. It seems like Italians have good production values. There's a point that I hope most people reach where you watch it and realize it's not about love, it's about a bunch of assholes.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I also watched that in English class. Weirdly enough, my teacher didn't even ask our parents to sign permission slips. Oh well.

Codex

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Too many, but definitely would include:
Lotr
Harry Potter
10th kingdom
Pride and prejudice
Gattaca
Robin hood: men in tights

93JC

I also watched that in English class. Weirdly enough, my teacher didn't even ask our parents to sign permission slips. Oh well.

My teacher, whose name I've completely forgotten in the time since, was also cool enough to forego the permission slips. She said she thought we were responsible enough to decide for ourselves whether we were mature enough to watch a movie with an eensy, weensy bit of nudity in it. If we had a problem with it, or we thought our parents would have a problem with it, she gave us permission to excuse ourselves from class and go to the library. As I recall no one took her up on the offer and we all watched it. We watched the Baz Luhrmann adaptation (I call it "Romeo-plus-Juliet" aloud) too, which I didn't really care for except for John Leguizamo, who is great in everything he's in.

The same teacher also had us watch the film adaptation of "To Kill a Mockingbird" after we'd read the book. Before we began reading the book she said "Look, this book has had a controversial history with respect to being read in schools, particularly because it's riddled with a particular racial epithet throughout. The context of the story demands it. I think you're all mature enough to treat this with the respect it deserves." We read the book aloud together as a class, with everyone allowed to volunteer to recite a few pages at a time. Nobody giggled when somebody said "nigger", that's for damned sure, I think precisely because she didn't handle it with kid gloves and treat us like infants.

She adored Gregory Peck, had a huge crush on him. She cried at the end of the movie, that I remember distinctly. Sadly, as I said, I can't even remember her name. I'm going to have to dig up one of my yearbooks tonight.

EDIT: The next year, Grade 11, my English teacher (whose name I do recall and who was... not my favourite...) made us watch Roman Polanski's Macbeth. It was considerably more graphic and sensational, in violence and nudity, than Zefirelli's Romeo & Juliet, and the teacher didn't send permission slips home for that either. More out of laziness than anything, I think. An atrocious movie, that one. I kept thinking to myself, "Ah, so this is what comes from the mind of a man who thought it was cool to dope a 13-year-old up on 'ludes and sodomize her."

Grade 12 we watched Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet. We had a substitute teacher that day and she remarked that "Mel Gibson's version was really good!" We laughed because days before our teacher said, "We're going to watch Branagh's adaptation because it's pretty good, and because it was relatively easy to find a copy of it on VHS. Gibson's adaptation is crap." :laugh: (That teacher was awesome, he was full of hilarious stories. Like why he was not allowed in Shoppers Drug Marts anymore, and how he bought his wife a toilet for their anniversary.)

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
More than 10...

-The Raid
-Butterfly Effect
-Inception
-District 9
-Drunken Master (the first one as well)
-Dirty Ho (It's a martial arts movie, I promise)
-The Usual Suspects
-Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the old one)
-Silence of the Lambs
-Manic
-Meet the Robinsons
-Coraline
-Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2
-Unbreakable
-Rat Race
-Devil

Anything with Gene Wilder or Gordon Liu really.

Kas

Fabula rasa
A Streetcar Named Desire
Breakfast at Tiffany's
SÃ¥som i en spegel
Bonnie and Clyde
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Godfather
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Dead Poets Society
Night on Earth
La Double vie de Véronique
Trois couleurs: Bleu
Benny & Joon
Pulp Fiction
Ed Wood
Fight Club
Almost Famous
Big Fish
Lost in Translation
Coffee and Cigarettes
Garden State
Into the Wild
Drive

A bit more than 10 ;), these are movies I needed to see again and again after seeing them the first time.

Kas

Fabula rasa
-The Usual Suspects

Keaton always said, “I don’t believe in God, but I’m afraid of him.” Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

Great movie:)

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp

Keaton always said, “I don’t believe in God, but I’m afraid of him.” Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.

Great movie:)

That whole scene was so intense! I'm pretty sure that I flipped over the couch and watched it from a distance.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
These aren't really in a particular order, so much depends on my mood. Oh, and it excludes my favorites musicals that have become movies (Les Mis, Phantom)

- A Knight's Tale
- Secondhand Lions
- Ocean's Eleven
- The King's Speech
- Finding Neverland
- The Breakfast Club
- Finding Nemo
- Joy Luck Club
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl
- Sense and Sensibility (with Alan Rickman, duh)

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
1. Forrest Gump
2. Die Hard
3. Robocop
4. Interstellar
5. Contact
6. Coccoon
7. The Parent Trap (remake)
8. Back to the Future
9. The World According to Garp
10. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Special mention to Gene Wilder, Peter Sellers, and early 80s Clint Eastwood films.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That whole scene was so intense! I'm pretty sure that I flipped over the couch and watched it from a distance.

The entire movie is amazing, especially when you start thinking that almost nothing being told in the interview is true. A story within a story mindfuck....beautiful.

I loved the Memento mindfuck almost as well.....memory is a bugger.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
EDIT: The next year, Grade 11, my English teacher (whose name I do recall and who was... not my favourite...) made us watch Roman Polanski's Macbeth. It was considerably more graphic and sensational, in violence and nudity, than Zefirelli's Romeo & Juliet, and the teacher didn't send permission slips home for that either. More out of laziness than anything, I think. An atrocious movie, that one. I kept thinking to myself, "Ah, so this is what comes from the mind of a man who thought it was cool to dope a 13-year-old up on 'ludes and sodomize her."
Bleh. I didn't like that one, either. The version of Macbeth that I watched in school, which is my favorite, is the one with Ian McKellen and Judy Dench. It's actually just a videotaped version of the Royal Shakespeare Company's production.

We watched it right after the first X-Men movie came out, and all the kids were shocked that Magneto used to be young and attractive. :laugh:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like this list will change once I see the films on my watchlist, but here's the one's I've seen & love:

Amelie
Edward Scissorhands
Coraline
Matilda
How To Train Your Dragon
Sabrina
Breakfast At Tiffany's
Howl's Moving Castle
Dead Poets Society
Song of the Sea
Big Fish
April & The Extraordinary World
Jack & The Cuckoo Clock Heart
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
When Marnie Was There
Secret of Kells
A Brilliant Young Mind (also known as X+Y)
Hugo
Moonrise Kingdom
A Midnight In Paris

Okay it turned into a top 20 list, oopsie :newwink:

Tomb1

The Lion In Winter
The King of New York
The Godfather Part II
Femme Fatale
The Dark Knight
Dangerous Liaisons
American Gangster
Silence of the Lambs
The Manchurian Candidate (1962)
Raging Bull

burningranger

Ambience seeker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Trainspotting
Lost in Translation
Ravenous
Memento
The Prestige
In Bruges
Fight Club
Rushmore
Moon
The Name of the Rose

Off the top of my head. It always changes. But Ravenous, Trainspotting and Memento are the movies that perhaps had the biggest impact on me ever...so they are usually always there.

These are just ones of the top of my head, mostly childhood and teenage years movies that influenced me in some way:

The Road Warrior (first movie I ever saw about an apocalyptic future, awesome morally grey lead too)
Excalibur (confusing to some degree if you're unfamiliar with Arthurian legends but awesome best Merlin too)
Raiders of the Lost Ark (what can I say? Indiana Jones what an adventure to see in theater as a kid)
Star Wars (I was five when it came out and it blew me away)
Dead Poets Society (just fantastic I went to see it to see one of Robin Williams first serious roles)
Aliens (most intense stressful thing I've ever seen in a theater you could hear people sweating!)
Airplane! (Many have imitated none have surpassed this gem of absurdity)
The Matrix (really I think this film could have and should have stood alone, no sequels necessary)
Falling Down (I sympathized with Michael Douglas' character, though he was cracking up his observations held true)
Clue (Tim Curry, the singing telegram girl I still laugh and there's just something about this movie I've seen it SO many times)

And I forgot a few. Damn it! Yeah it's over ten. I noticed quite a few infractions in this thread! :cop:

Labyrinth (How could I forget Jim Henson? How?)
The Dark Crystal (How?)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (what 80's teen doesn't love this movie?)
Seven (probably something most watch once but will never forget)
The Boondock Saints (Willem Dafoe alone makes this movie)
Snatch (Ze Germans Tommy)
Stand By Me (the best movie about friendship ever made IMO)