• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Pope, And his successor.

gocat

MBTI Type
intp
The Pope is talking of retirement due to being too frail to perform his duties. This is a shame he has been a great Pope standing up for the rights of refugees and making a stand against child abuse especially sexual. I hope his successor will follow in his vein and not take the Catholic Church back to its somewhat dark and chequered past. I say somewhat cause it has been around for maybe one and a half thousand years so I can't believe it has always been as bad as the last hundred years till we had a new Pope. The Catholic Church has a huge following and can be used as a great instrument for good and creating change.

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I'm upset that there is no proof for the story about Maxwell's SIlver Hammer making sure that he was dead.

I'd like to be...
under the sea...
In Great Cthulhu's city called R'lyeh
He'd call us in...
Knows where we've been
In his dream darkened garden
In the sea..
I'd trick my friends
To come and see
Great Cthulhu's cyclopean
dreaming form with me
I'd like to be...
under the sea...
We would be cold
Never get old
In our eldritch hideaway
Beneath the waves.
Resting its head
dreaming not dead
In an Great Old One's garden
Near a cave
We would scream
And thrash around
Because we know
No matter what
We can't be found
I'd like to be...
under the sea...
We would all shout
Please Let us out!
The ancient that lies
Beneath the waves
(Lies beneath the ocean waves)
Oh what mad joy
For dreaming girls and boys
Knowing they're bound
to the Old One's fate
(Maddening fate)
We would be, so fool happy
You and me
The Old one there to tell us
What to do
I'd like to be...
under the sea...
In Greath Cthulhu's city called R'lyeh
With you.
In Great Cthulhu's City
With you...

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm upset that there is no proof for the story about Maxwell's SIlver Hammer making sure that he was dead.

They also never do an autopsy. I'd reckon at least half, probably more, were murdered. Not that they never deserved it, most did. You'd think after the entire Protestant Reformation, the Catholic church would have reigned in their bullshit but, nah. Just a disgusting lot of humans for the most part.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
They also never do an autopsy. I'd reckon at least half, probably more, were murdered. Not that they never deserved it, most did. You'd think after the entire Protestant Reformation, the Catholic church would have reigned in their bullshit but, nah. Just a disgusting lot of humans for the most part.
I know Renaissance popes were up to some wild shit!

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder about John Paul I. He was pope for only a month. I heard theories that he was assassinated by the mafia at the behest of conservative cardinals who were afraid he was going to enact reforms. My mother's theory was that God was just doing him a favor, letting him be pope for a month before he died. Her perspectives could often be simplistic like this.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I know Renaissance popes were up to some wild shit!
I think my favorite of the really bad popes was John XII. He was like a teenager when he became pope, spent all kinds of money, killed anyone he didn't like, had a bunch of mistresses, one of which did most of his duties as pope so he could go do...whatever. He was killed by a man who caught him in bed with his wife, appropriately.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wonder about John Paul I. He was pope for only a month. I heard theories that he was assassinated by the mafia at the behest of conservative cardinals who were afraid he was going to enact reforms. My mother's theory was that God was just doing him a favor, letting him be pope for a month before he died. Her perspectives could often be simplistic like this.
Yeah, I was thinking of him when Ceecee talked about popes being murdered.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'll go out on a limb and say it's likely there were several popes murdered at the behest of conservatives cardinals who were afraid of reforms. Also to keep from getting handed over to secular authorities for any number of crimes. Plus the mafia is right there, how convenient. Makes me wonder if Francis has had a visit from them, even though the mafia is generally sticking to shaking down farmers and controlling agriculture in Italy/Sicily now.