• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Real quotes of you - post them. And your MBTI type

Trash Panda

Retired
I never really remember such things

Hateful
Sweet
Cute
Shy
Awkward
Crazy
Intimidating
Scary
Stuck up
A bum
Weird
Angry lesbian
Quiet as a mouse
Too loud
Ugly
Drunk
Says stupid shit
Uncouth
Poetic
Doesn't give a shit about anything
Tries too hard
Creative
Intelligent
Cynical
Self loathing
Talented
Disrespectful

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
tell us if you learned anything!
And I'm like....ok? Those are opinions of other people. That's it. It's not a learning experience because people are rarely honest to your face. If they wanted to make an impact on me, they'd put it in writing.

Being the grand ol' Enneatype that I am, throughout my life I've taken such things more seriously than they're worth. The short-term learning experiences on those sorts of comments were either "Oh shit, I'd better keep this up" or "Oh shit, I'd better change this." But the long-term learning experience is that everyone has their opinions/assessments; and many are inconsequential. The only ones to take personally are those that are honest and well-informed, and the only other ones to take seriously are those from people who actually have an impact on your life. (Ideally, I guess none should be taken personally. But, hey, Enneatype. And I suppose some don't have to learn that lesson and simply have it ingrained in them. That's cool.)

As an example of one to not take personally, I've had outward stoicism mistaken as apathy ("You really don't care, do you?"). It's honest but often not well-informed. Of course the expectation is that, if one cares, they'll show it in their expression. But my perspective is that really caring about a situation means actually doing something about it. In my case, I often take on a calm role so that the thing can be defused/handled. How much do I actually care if I can't learn to (or be bothered to) reign in my feelings? So those who know me know that about me; those on the outside really don't. They lack that bit of information. So.. they can think that I'm, say, an apathetic person all they want, but it's no skin off my back.

Hell, forum posts are putting it in writing. And how little do those matter?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
As an example of one to not take personally, I've had outward stoicism mistaken as apathy ("You really don't care, do you?"). It's honest but often not well-informed. Of course the expectation is that, if one cares, they'll show it in their expression. But my perspective is that really caring about a situation means actually doing something about it. In my case, I often take on a calm role so that the thing can be defused/handled. How much do I actually care if I can't learn to (or be bothered to) reign in my feelings? So those who know me know that about me; those on the outside really don't. They lack that bit of information. So.. they can think that I'm, say, an apathetic person all they want, but it's no skin off my back.

Dear god yes.

Hell, forum posts are putting it in writing. And how little do those matter?

Haha true.

solpi

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISFP

sweet
perceptive
smiley