• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rank of Chill-ness By City

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno, we only seem to send the ugly Ozzies overseas. Perhaps it's because they are away from home that they misbehave. Or perhaps they think they have to live up to the reputation of Barry McKenzie. But whatever the reason, I am embarrassed by Ozzies overseas.

We are, though, thinking of issuing no further passports to save us from further embarrassment.

So if you want to see us in our natural habitat mate, you'll have to come here.

Fine. Tie me kangaroo down, mate! :cheese:

Nizy

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Nah, that's because of the increased depression because of extreme variances in the amount of sunlight (almost 24 hrs of sunlight during summer, and almost 24 hrs of darkness during winter). It can cause anyone to go cooky.

Are chill people prone to bouts of depression and/or being "cooky"?

:newwink:

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's all in the concentration of ISFPs.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I lived in Indiana for 2 years, and in Missouri for 2 years. Both had extremely nice people. Midwest farmers are awesome. Their daughters are hot too. :newwink:

I've lived in a Midwestern city all my life so I guess I don't know how to compare. I guess Midwesterners aren't really so concerned with the sorts of problems people have on the coast, but I don't know if I would really call them "chill."

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've lived in a Midwestern city all my life so I guess I don't know how to compare. I guess Midwesterners aren't really so concerned with the sorts of problems people have on the coast, but I don't know if I would really call them "chill."

Right. They are concerned with things like not getting enough iodine in their diet and developing goiter, or the financial cataclysm that would result if wheat rust ever broke out again.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Right. They are concerned with things like not getting enough iodine in their diet and developing goiter, or the financial cataclysm that would result if wheat rust ever broke out again.

Right, the sort of things coasters would think are small beans but seriously, they just don't have their priorities straight.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Among the cities I've been (not too many, admittedly):

(most chill)
Cairo
Rome
Split
Copenhagen
Florence
Barcelona
Trento
Venice
Treviso
Ljubljana
Paris
Milan
(least chill)

I guess all of them are quite chill in comparison to the average US city, though. At least, that's what I've been told by US people that have lived here.

theplacesyoullgo

I haven't been outside of North America. From what I have visited, and not counting the Caribbean (because please, they're the ultimate chill!), I would actually say Winnipeg has one of the best vibes I've gotten from a city, along with Seattle. Love them both. I would agree that NYC (or at least Manhattan) is absolutely at the bottom of the list - I have a total love/hate relationship with the city.