• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random TV Show Thoughts

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Anyone watching Fallout?

I have never played any of the games, so I can't tell how close the show reflects the game. Only watched about 20 minutes so far, but it's pretty enjoyable and has its own quirky tone. \

Also, it took me about 30 seconds to recognize Kyle MacLachlan. I guess we're all getting old.
I think the stress of being Mayor of Portland aged him considerably. It probably wasn't easy being Kwizatz Haderach, either.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
Anyone watching Fallout?

I have never played any of the games, so I can't tell how close the show reflects the game. Only watched about 20 minutes so far, but it's pretty enjoyable and has its own quirky tone. \

Also, it took me about 30 seconds to recognize Kyle MacLachlan. I guess we're all getting old.
I've started watching it. They do a pretty good job of capturing the atmosphere of the games - sets, costumes, landscape and that.

I suspect the plot will be pretty basic (seems that way so far) but I enjoy that it doesn't take itself too serious with it's deliberate campiness and over the top gore.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
1983 television.
Commercials not from the early 80's​

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
GO RWBY!!!! And with the regular creative team involved in production!! *holds breath* [Creative team = mainly the writers, showrunner, and maybe art directors -- all the animation artists probably have new jobs by now]

1714015140166.png

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I watched a few episodes of Killing Eve before, but this time it is sticking, I blew through 5 episodes already and will finish off Season One over the weekend. It's got great banter (sometimes Phoebe Waller-Bridge quirk works for me, sometimes not, and this time it is), it's interesting and fun to watch, and Jodie Comer is just radiant. I'm really enjoying this -- especially with some of the unexpected plotting.

It's a shame it looks like later seasons took a hit from less-qualified/well-known showrunners, but I'm looking forward to Emerald Fennell's season as well.

Also, I haven't watched Sandra Oh in awhile, for awhile it felt like she was getting typecast as the cold bitch sorts, but despite Comer taking most of the attention, Oh's actually providing a stable, yet quirky and unique performance here -- and I love how she can spin from amusing to intensely serious and back.

This is actually reminding me most of a far more serious-toned show (although with its own moments of flamboyance) -- "Hannibal," which had the same weird "love/obsession" bond between Mads Mikkelsen and Hugh Dancy. Comer and Oh also have this same kind of obsessive fascination with each other that so far borders on queer. When they both get in the same scene, they kind of take your breath away.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
Killing Eve is a great show. Jodie Comer just killed it as a psychopath. Her often humorous disregard for murder and mayhem never failed to crack me up. The last couple of seasons drop off a bit, but not too much, and the creators were wise enough to stop after four, so it never feels like it jumped the shark.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Killing Eve is a great show. Jodie Comer just killed it as a psychopath.
heheh pun intended?

Her often humorous disregard for murder and mayhem never failed to crack me up.

I'm kind of impressed with her accents and multilingual dialogues. I can't say I'm very versed in it, but she sounds like she's actually capturing the nuance. I get a kick of her normal speaking voice outside the show too.

But such a tour de force. Like when she gives Eve that sob story and seems entirely convincing, but Eve doesn't buy an ounce of it and Villanelle then slowly smirks. Or the way she both flirts and antagonizes her handler at once. She really is tapped into the character.