• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
You think that's crazy Past Cat, wait till you think about how you used to wonder how people in underdeveloped countries could eat and drink around so much poison and bad run off....why the same way you can dear chap. You try not to think about, and shut up and eat it, and drink your boiled water.
I can see why you're not everyone's cup of tea when it comes to getting bad news.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I'm one user that is being referred to with the mental preparations. For me, it's always come down to voting for the lesser of two evils, even my first election was like that. In a sense, it's just business as usual.

Last edited:

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
I have seen regular people here saying that the democratic party has lost it's way. Or statements that in the end come down to "thank God that I am in a safe Democratic state, so that I don't have to vote for them. Plus there were evident disappointments in the terms of foreign policy.

Therefore since I am person that tends to track the score in my head I came to conclusion that most in the end vote blue just so that the red doesn't win. Not because people are actually thrilled about voting blue. The impression is that many stay home, while decent chunk is having mental preparations before they vote blue in the end. But they know that they have to do that, since otherwise it could get even worse for them.

That is just my impression, here and in various comment sections.

I mean, honestly, you have massive propaganda on both sides demonizing each other. Biden cannot even say two full sentences properly. I can't stand Trump (which is what your post relates to) but he's better than Biden since Biden is mentally handicapped at this point. I don't know who is running the country atm but it is not Biden who shakes hands with the air after a speech.

No, I will not be voting for Trump in 2024. But I cannot for the life of me vote for someone who is not all there in the head either. That is why I am voting for Peter Sonski from the American Solidarity Party.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
Swing and a miss from ol' Beau on this one. There is zero chance Trump wants to end up in jail. He's like a spoiled child. And even the most easy going low security lock up would annoy him to no end. Baby would want his binky and would not be able to get it in confinement. He'd never tolerate it. Beau should know that.

And sure enough, Trump's quieted down since the judge finally seemed to get serious.

PS> I suspect the judge will back down if Trump can't contain himself and violates his gag order again. The judge should not be concerned about political consequences when applying the law, but it's obvious he is (or Trump would have been confined already).

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
On another note, if someone said this, would you consider them a racist?

“Young black kids growing up in the Bronx who don’t even know what the word computer is.”

The Cat

Staff member
Personally, I don't think Trump with all the court cases is any worse than the majority of career politicians. Biden has dirt on him as well. So did Clinton, Bush, etc. They are all corrupt.
Do you truly see no difference between them?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Personally, I don't think Trump with all the court cases is any worse than the majority of career politicians. Biden has dirt on him as well. So did Clinton, Bush, etc. They are all corrupt.
Trump's a fascist who doesn't even bother to hide it all that well. He apparently keeps a copy of Mein Kampf by his bedside.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
Plato Don't Seek Power Best to Use it.jpg

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
Do tell...

I don't know. I think the left uses reputation sabotage like a toxic female. That is the ethos of the Democratic party is the female counterpart. The Republican party more is the male ethos.

So the Democratic party is more likely to eat its young out of trying to protect them. Whereas with Trump what you get is more vicious but also more honest.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In terms or morality? Nope. Not at all.

He's not a fascist. Just arrogant.
Many politicians are arrogant. This is something else.

Labeling your opponents as antifa suggests something about you. It's algebraic, really. What kind of person would be proud to be anti-antifa?

The Cat

Staff member
I don't know. I think the left uses reputation sabotage like a toxic female. That is the ethos of the Democratic party is the female counterpart. The Republican party more is the male ethos.

So the Democratic party is more likely to eat its young out of trying to protect them. Whereas with Trump what you get is more vicious but also more honest.
Tell me more...