• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] New Enneagram Inventory (Experimental)

Kho

please let prayer be true
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay, I'll bite.

1. I prefer to follow my own approach. Y
2. I enjoy analyzing people. Y
3. I openly express feelings, or, I find it difficult to conceal my feelings. X
4. I enjoy working with numbers. N
5. I am cautious when it comes to making decisions. N
6. I believe the practical is more important than the theoretical. N
7. I'm not the the type to follow convention. Y
8. I am not highly ambitious and prefer to take a more laid-back approach. N
9. I am adaptable, I take a different approach to different people and situations. Y
10. I prefer routine over variety; repetitive work doesn't bother me. N
*11. I don't like detailed tasks; I tend to be rather unorganized and unsystematic. N
12. I prefer to make my own decisions. Y
13. I am outspoken. X
*14. I am modest. X
15. Analyzing people is not important to me. Y
16. I would rather spend my time being alone. Y
17. I am competitive and dislike losing. Y
18. I enjoy being in charge. Y
19. I critically evaluate information and focus upon errors. Y
*20. I am trusting, I see others as honest and reliable. Y
21. I am interested in theories and enjoy playing with abstract concepts. Y
22. I generally feel awkward meeting new people. Y
23. I am highly ambitious and strive to achieve more. Y
24. I don't like telling other people what to do. Y
25. I am good at persuading people. Y
26. I don't mind breaking rules and I dislike bureaucracy. Y
27. I am innovative. Y
*28. I am talkative and enjoy being the center of attention. Y
29. I am thick-skinned and not easily offended. N
30. I like to be around other people. N
31. I prefer to remain detached from other people's problems. Y
32. I prefer to take a conventional approach to situations. N
33. I consult others before making most decisions. N
34. I prefer variety over routine. Y
35. I dislike being the center of attention. N
36. I am helpful and supportive. Y
37. I don't like being pressured with extra things to do. Y
38. I find it difficult to unwind and relax. N
39. I take a long-term view and set goals for the future. Y
40. I am relatively free from worry. N
*41. Opinions and feelings are more important to me than facts and numbers. X
42. I like to keep busy and enjoy having lots of things to do. Y
43. I prefer to just go along to get along. Y
*44. I am wary of the intentions of others. Y
45. I prefer to see deadlines as optional. Y
46. I am socially confident. Y
47. I find it easy to relax. X
48. I am decisive. Y
*49. I rarely display emotion. X
50. I am more focused on things that might go wrong. X
51. I tend to focus on the negative. N
*52. I don't like competition, I just want to have fun. X
53. I don't like to voice my own opinions. N
54. I am not very creative. N
55. I like to make my strengths and achievements known. Y
56. I don't change myself to adapt to various situations. N
57. I am sometimes too sensitive for my own good. Y
58. I don't waste a lot of time looking for errors. N
59. I prefer to follow rules and regulations. N
60. I always expect things to turn out well. Y
61. I am conscientious. Y
62. I am methodical and like to focus on details. Y
63. I am more interested in immediate goals in the here-and-now than the long-term future. N
64. I am rarely persuasive, and I'm not good at negotiation. N

some thoughts:

Number 11 -- The two clauses of the sentence have no inherent correlation, as systems and details are not mutually dependent. You can have a structure-system with irrelevant details boxed within.
Number 14 -- I don't understand the word 'modest'. Financially frugal yes, but sexually repressed no. So I put X.
Number 28 -- only when I really really feel like it.

Number 41 -- False dichotomy. Opinions and feelings are directly related to numbers and facts for me. No feeling is/should be/can be divorced from reality.
I can't believe in something that does not exist, for example. And it's not that one takes primacy over the other either. They are one and the same.
Hard cold facts = feelings. Feelings = hard cold facts. Feeling is reality!
I am not of the opinion that opinions and feelings are not quantifiable. That is why I am on this forum.

Numbers 44 and 20 -- may seem contradictory at first glance. But I do trust people in that I trust that they are not duplicitous. I trust that people are being truthful and simple and honest. They mean what they say.
It's just that I don't trust the validity of their intentions. Most people are honest, and most people are wrong. I always give them the benefit of the doubt, though.

Number 49 -- I do display the emotion that I'm expected to perform. I rarely display my own real emotions.
Number 52 -- Competition can be fun.

That was fun! Looking forward to my results.
Thanks for doing this.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm glad you misunderstood what I was saying and got this. This is interesting to me because one of my volunteering gigs is counseling/mentoring incarcerated youth and young adults that have committed violent (non-sexual) offenses but are considered good candidates for rehabilitation. If I were to even mention the word enneagram though omg (State program).

What all are you tracking? Oh, I'm a scientist by trade so you can see why I have such interest.... How likely a released inmate is to reoffend after learning about the enneagram via your program? What is the social scientific community taking seriously?

Wait...how in God's name did you get a government grant for enneagram research?

Wow, so cool! Sounds like really great work you are doing! You should definitely check out the EPP website, lots of good info there. As I said, I just volunteer remotely for them-- I had a huge crush on their organization and emailed them about a year ago, they checked out my work, and said they'd love to talk to me more. Long story short, they are having me do some writing for them-- I'm planning to go out and visit in July, so excited! Really though, I'd love to teach in the prisons with them eventually.

I think the California recidivism (return to prison within 3 years) rate is 60%. I know, so cray. Anyway, I believe the stat has dropped to 10% with the inmates that have gone through their program! The government grant was in response to that! So, like I said, I think application and consistent creation of life change is the real proof of validity. That said, it's not just using the Enneagram that achieves this, it's using it well; not abusing, misusing, misconstruing or idolizing it. How a person understands and facilitates it makes a huge difference in whether people get it, and use it well themselves-- from my experience, anyway.

I'm on my phone which unfortunately won't let me integrate links, so here's the EPP's website: Enneagram Prison Project | Freeing The Incarcerated from the Prison of Their Own Making | Susan Olesek Enneagram Facilitator

The videos they've done are great at capturing the work they are doing, so I'd definitely watch those! :)

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This will be my last test scoring for today.

You came out as the 9w8. Your 1 score was the lowest on the test, so although the test has an 8 bias, I ruled out 1 as the wing type.

Your second tritype is 7w8. Your type 6 score was pretty low compared to other scores, so I ruled it out as your 7's wing-type.

Your third tritype leg is 4w3. This just barely beats out 4w5, so I would not rule out 4w5 as being the third leg of your tritype.

Interesting results, I've never tested out with so much 8 or 7. What were my other scores? Also what's the description of this tritype?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Your score came out as 5w6. Then 9w1 and 4w5. Based on this result compared to your self-typing, I will be completely revamping this test. But I will still score the rest of the tests that have been turned in, of course.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here goes..........

5w4, 4w5, 9w1. You have listed 5w6 for yourself. So what do you think?

8, 7 and 3, the three "aggressive" types, were your lowest scores.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cool idea; here's mine:

5w4, 4w5, 8w7. That doesn't coincide very well with 4w3-5w6-9w8 in your sig.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is cool. I was doing well with almost no Xs then I got to a specific string of qs and Xs galore lol. The Xs are mostly, if not all, 'I don't know.' Thanks for offering your services :p

5w6, 9w1, 4w5.

Your lowest scores were 7, 8, 3-2 (tied).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I know my tritype and will give you feedback, after yours.

5w4, 8w7, 3w2. 583 is an uncommon tritype, a combination of a "withdrawn" type with two "aggressive" types. What do you think? Did you already have an idea about your tritype?

Your lowest score was type 6. 9 and 1 were also low.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]

I was following the "new rule", which only allowed yes or no answers, which is why I answered yes for conflicting things.

5w4, 8w7, 3w4. That's the second 583 score I've seen today. Your lowest scores were the 1, 2, and 6 (the "compliant" types).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

7w8, 3w2, 8w7. 738, a triple "aggressive" triad. Type 9 was your lowest score, followed by 6 and 1.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5w4, 4w5, 8w7. That doesn't coincide very well with 4w3-5w6-9w8 in your sig.

5w4 as my main type? What...really? uhm...this score is a bit of a shock for me, sorry :thinking:

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
7w8, 3w2, 8w7. 738, a triple "aggressive" triad. Type 9 was your lowest score, followed by 6 and 1.
Thank you, this is really spot on to what I thought as well, although I was leaning more towards 3w4, but in the context 3w2 makes sense as well. Thanks for your help! :)

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
5w4 as my main type? What...really? uhm...this score is a bit of a shock for me, sorry :thinking:

I plan on improving this experimental test. You can take it again, if you like, at that time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you, this is really spot on to what I thought as well, although I was leaning more towards 3w4, but in the context 3w2 makes sense as well. Thanks for your help! :)

I hope it works out well for you. But if you ever have any doubts, just remember that reading type descriptions and self-exploration are more accurate than any test.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
5w4, 4w5, 9w1. You have listed 5w6 for yourself. So what do you think?

8, 7 and 3, the three "aggressive" types, were your lowest scores.

It's not too far off from my own self-assessment.

I would have expected maybe a little more 3 and 7. Typically on enneagram tests 2 and 8 are the lowest.

I identify with both wings of 5, 6 a little bit more.

Is it possible to see the scores for all types and wings?

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] *bump* any ideas? thanks :)

[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION]
Nice I like tests...here goes:

Thanks.

Ps: Is it complicated to just put this in a script? Maybe you could ask someone to help you!? I feel semi-guilty that you have to check all these answers one by one.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not too far off from my own self-assessment.

I would have expected maybe a little more 3 and 7. Typically on enneagram tests 2 and 8 are the lowest.

I identify with both wings of 5, 6 a little bit more.

Is it possible to see the scores for all types and wings?

Yes. But right now I plan on making extensive changes to the entire test. All I've really been doing here is matching test scores with self-assessments, looking for test statements that cause trouble answering, determining what all the x's mean (usually it means the test taker didn't want to make it a definite "no"). I'm actually surprised that the thing is as accurate as it seems to be.

With the scoring method I am presently using, your actual scores are:

1 - 34
2 - 34
3 - 31
4 - 64
5 - 67
6 - 37
7 - 32
8 - 30
9 - 35

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Quite! It actually speaks strongly that [MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION] and I both scored 7+8 when we are really Sx 4's-- this makes total sense to me, even Naranjo said that Sx-4 is "8 like". The point is that an Sx 4 looks different than an So 4 or a Sp 4 (the same is true for other types as well). I find Instincts to be almost the most important aspect of Enneagram, and if not well understood, will lead to mistyping.

I forgot to mention that although I agree that the instinctuals are an important aspect of this, it is actually the thing that people are most deluded about in terms of self-assessment.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=13589]Mal12345[/MENTION] *bump* any ideas? thanks :)

I have to do more than check all answers one by one.

I can't program the test yet because it's not finished. As it is now, going over every test with a fine-toothed comb is just an evil necessity.