• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Justice League

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well, that's quite an endurance run with the extended cuts, what is that, like 9 hours?

Lmao yeah, its like 9 hours and I only made it through 1 and a half movies.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Godzilla vs Kong Gets Review Bombed By Snyderverse Fans Angry With WB

I hate these kinds of articles because they almost spur on / blow up a big "conflict" where there isn't one.

In their article, they actually say only about 44 1-star reviews have bombed GvK and only 30+ refer to the Snyder cut. Meanwhile there are 9000+ reviews, AND other people are compensating with 5-star reviews to balance out the 1-star.

Like 40 bombed reviews is not a movement. It's basically what has always happened when a film releases -- you get a few disgruntled people who don't like the film, whether for legitimate or illegitimate cases. But the article is blowing it up into some large impactful social conflict. The article is as bad in its impact as the review bombing it is obsessed with, at this time. By making a big stink about it, they're just encouraging more review bombing and/or upping.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Godzilla vs Kong Gets Review Bombed By Snyderverse Fans Angry With WB

I hate these kinds of articles because they almost spur on / blow up a big "conflict" where there isn't one.

In their article, they actually say only about 44 1-star reviews have bombed GvK and only 30+ refer to the Snyder cut. Meanwhile there are 9000+ reviews, AND other people are compensating with 5-star reviews to balance out the 1-star.

Like 40 bombed reviews is not a movement. It's basically what has always happened when a film releases -- you get a few disgruntled people who don't like the film, whether for legitimate or illegitimate cases. But the article is blowing it up into some large impactful social conflict. The article is as bad in its impact as the review bombing it is obsessed with, at this time. By making a big stink about it, they're just encouraging more review bombing and/or upping.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
‘Justice League’ Writer Told Warner Bros. to Take His Name Off Whedon Cut: ‘It’s an Act of Vandalism’

This is rather amusing, and I do appreciate that he's fine for being criticized over any flaws in the Snyder cut -- because it's a fair reflection of his work -- whereas bashing him for the mutilated corpse of JL17 seems a bit unfair since WB's maniacal knife would have killed any patient regardless of how strong they were.

Terrio, an Oscar-winning screenwriter thanks to “Argo,” was brought onto Snyder’s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” at the request of Ben Affleck. Terrio stuck around for Snyder’s “Justice League,” only for Warner Bros. to overhaul his script once Snyder left and Joss Whedon boarded to oversee post-production and reshoots. Terrio called Whedon and Warner Bros.’ 2017 “Justice League” cut “an act of vandalism.”

“I was in LA at the time working on ‘Star Wars’ [‘The Rise of Skywalker’]...

Yeah, way to go in terms of losing all our sympathy, rofl... Either ROS got really butchered in edit / daily rewrites or he still sucks.

BvS also got hacked up some according to him. There are still script problems and dumb choices

But yeah, same thing -- the Expanded Edition is easily better than the theatrical version. Another studio choice.

It's clear at this point that Snyder tells a story of a certain length / needs a certain amount of time to generate atmosphere. Reducing his story time really negatively impacts his work, you cannot randomly chop shit out of his films because it is like a house of toothpicks, each thing dependent on the last.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So I read the entire article (which was posted on Twitter in pages and is pretty long). I think some of the headlines (which invariably diss Whedon) do distort his comments a bit or at least remove the nuance... but that basically just moves me from thinking he's a total soulless douche to being a really troubled guy who has done some pretty douchey things and isn't even really aware of them on some levels. Is that a relevant nuance? I don't think there's gonna be a Whedonessaince at this point, this interview kinda buries him.

This part, which annoyed Twitter folks, also made me eye roll when reading. Along with the paranoia is also the weird assessment of Fisher's acting as bad and the entire section being detrimental to the film; to the contrary (as someone who has seen Whedon's JL 2-3x and the Snyder cut a few times), Fisher in the Snyder cut (and also along with Flash) is the heart of the film, those two characters provide the main emotional catharsis of the story. Fisher's acting is also fine. Not sure what cut Whedon was looking at before he hacked it up, but if this is his actual perception, then it makes me question all of his perceptions.

FJT0INDWQAAmESE.jpg

FJT0INBXwAA_Owc.jpg

Last edited: