• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jordan Peterson

What Personality Type is Jordan Peterson?

• INFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

• ISFP

• ESFP

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ESTP

• ESTJ

• 2w1

• 2w3

• 3w2

• 4w3

• 4w5

• 5w4

• 5w6

• 6w5

• 6w7

• 7w6

• 7w8

• 8w9

• 9w8

• 9w1

• Total voters

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe I'll change my vote to the "Depressing Type". I have two family members I love and respect who were raving about him and now I'm really depressed. I only got to the relationship youtubes, but at least I posted a bunch of diplomatic, oppositional posts, so maybe I'll take him down a notch in the eyes of a fan or two. Not much to hope for. Bleh

yeghor

I wish that last chart included geolibertarianism, but either way, it could probably fit smack in the middle of the X axis and toward the bottom of the Y axis. Right between the syndicalists and the mutualist, I imagine
They put geolibertarianism on this chart, it is exactly where you defined it would be on the political compass. Earlier I said geolibertarianism sounded like anarcho-communism but they put geosyndicalism instead on that spot on the chart. Democratic transhumanism is there too, slight closer to the centre than geolibertarianism.

I wonder what that means for your MBTI type because that region in my understanding is closer to xSxP mindset, slightly leaning towards masculinity (T).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Polcompball/comments/kqnir3
In another thread you said:

I usually play a chaotic good assassin, berserker, or occasionally a battle mage in RPG games. In Fallout NV and Fallout 4, I also tend to play a sniper/assassin build or what I call a scientist tank (high intelligence and emphasis on energy weapons and power armor)

While I find the political quadrant graph overly simplistic, I would probably fall bottom center or slightly bottom center left, somewhere between syndicalism and mutualism.

As a child I was always drawn to the wizard or scientist archetypes when larping with friends in the neighborhood

I create music on a computer. I have also been known to dabble in more hands on crafting.

I associate chaotic good with ISFP (assassin example Arya Stark), someone willing to do harm to protect others and who does not care about breaking rules and principles in the process. Berserker would be more like ESxP. Hands on crafting requires high Se. I don't get the Ti-dom arrogance from you, so I think ISFP might fit the bill.

As for me I think I would identify with the cute "third way" polcompball the most and the other balls in its immediate vicinity on the chart.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They put geolibertarianism on this chart, it is exactly where you defined it would be on the political compass. Earlier I said geolibertarianism sounded like anarcho-communism but they put geosyndicalism instead on that spot on the chart. Democratic transhumanism is there too, slight closer to the centre than geolibertarianism.

I wonder what that means for your MBTI type because that region in my understanding is closer to xSxP mindset, slightly leaning towards masculinity (T).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Polcompball/comments/kqnir3
In another thread you said:

I associate chaotic good with ISFP (assassin example Arya Stark), someone willing to do harm to protect others and who does not care about breaking rules and principles in the process. Berserker would be more like ESxP. Hands on crafting requires high Se. I don't get the Ti-dom arrogance from you, so I think ISFP might fit the bill.

As for me I think I would identify with the cute "third way" polcompball the most and the other balls in its immediate vicinity on the chart.
I wish I were an FiSe user. Second only to STPs and ENTJs in raw bde

regarding my political alignment—pretty spot on. I do tend to skirt that line between left and right, but always low down near the bottom. Almost the most stereotypically “bro” point to identify with on the chart, but I don’t care. I’m not bothered anymore if people think I’m overly/stereotypically/cartoonishly masculine, though I don’t go out of my way to prove it. If the energy is there, you don’t need to fake it or be ashamed of it

I believe masculine energy people, regardless of sex and gender, are more likely to align with the bottom half of that graph, because they tend to view the authoritarian worldview as more restrictive on their masculine desire for independence and self ownership.

I think the more feminine energy types might tend to land closer to center and more often in the upper half, due to being more likely to favor worldviews in line with an instinctive craving for security.

the reason supposedly Uber masculine men like Trump might land so high up in the authoritarian half is because they’re insecure and overcompensating for a lack of natural masculine energy. The whole underlying drive behind Trump’s rise to power can likely be chalked up to a massive, collective insecurity about Trump’s predecessor’s confident, slightly masculine bde (yes I realize Obama falls in the upper half, but he does exude a lot of confidence and swagger that really gets under insecure men’s skin)

Edit: I don’t use the term bde in relation to size (body shaming of any type is a very sde thing to do, ironically), but I like it as a synonym for confident, healthy masculine energy

Last edited:

yeghor

I wish I were an FiSe user. Second only to STPs and ENTJs in raw bde

regarding my political alignment—pretty spot on. I do tend to skirt that line between left and right, but always low down near the bottom. Almost the most stereotypically “bro” point to identify with on the chart, but I don’t care. I’m not bothered anymore if people think I’m overly/stereotypically/cartoonishly masculine, though I don’t go out of my way to prove it. If the energy is there, you don’t need to fake it or be ashamed of it

I believe masculine energy people, regardless of sex and gender, are more likely to align with the bottom half of that graph, because they tend to view the authoritarian worldview as more restrictive on their masculine desire for independence and self ownership.

I think the more feminine energy types might tend to land closer to center and more often in the upper half, due to being more likely to favor worldviews in line with an instinctive craving for security.

the reason supposedly Uber masculine men like Trump might land so high up in the authoritarian half is because they’re insecure and overcompensating for a lack of natural masculine energy. The whole underlying drive behind Trump’s rise to power can likely be chalked up to a massive, collective insecurity about Trump’s predecessor’s confident, slightly masculine bde (yes I realize Obama falls in the upper half, but he does exude a lot of confidence and swagger that really gets under insecure men’s skin)

Edit: I don’t use the term bde in relation to size (body shaming of any type is a very sde thing to do, ironically), but I like it as a synonym for confident, healthy masculine energy
I think what you refer to as bde (chadness? masculinity) is more like Se (libidinal energy). Se among other things is a symbolism for impulsivity, aggression and desire for anarchism/chaos/freedom/disinhibition (which they refer to as libertarianism these days). It is not strictly restricted to the masculine though in that people can be feminine and anarchist/libertarian simultaneously, hence we have leftlibertarians (alt-left) and rightlibertarians (alt-right).

But we are a bit on the same page. To me, the level of S function denotes the strength of libidinal energy (bde) and its direction dictate whether is it overt/active (Se) or covert/passive (Si). However it doesn't denote the gender identity (it just amplifies it), which is defined by whether one prefers T or S, in that vein ExxPs and IxxJs are more gender neutral in identity as their T and F when developed are more or less in equal strength (meaning they can exercise both) so they should be closer to the centre on the left-right (feminine-masculine) horizontal axis, relative to the IxxPs and ExxJs (who are either T-doms i.e. hypermasculine or F-doms i.e. hyperfeminine).

As for the vertical order/authority-anarchy/freedom axis, if I place Si-doms (ISxJs) higher away from the center, that would mean they are the most authoritarian types, however, compared to ESxJs, because the former are introverts, they apply the authority more on themselves and less on others whereas ESxJs want to apply the authority externally on others. Similary Fi-doms and Ti-doms are more politically entrenched in their ideologies and their need for not being ruled over. That's why I opted to place T-doms and F-doms further away from the centre on the vertical axis, than T-aux and F-aux types.

As for those in the upper (authoritarian) half, they are either people with high Si (xSxJs) or low Se (xNxJs), meaning their libidinal energies (i.e. anarchist/volatile tendencies) are either contained or are low by nature, hence they stick together (collectivist) and are more law-abiding/respecting (authoritarian).

About Trump, he has a disregard for rules and due process and wants to toot his own horn in office, which makes me think he's a TP type, and in that case he should also be placed in the lower right quadrant (libright or altright) politically, whereas the upper right quadrant people are more like conservatives (IxxJs) and neocons (ExxJs). I don't know why they place him in the upper right quadrant and not the lower right. An ExxJ would rather try to establish a police state where every citizen is monitored 24/7 for misconduct. He was more concerned with bringing manufacturing jobs back to US to allow more employment opportunities for his voter base i.e. blue collar average Joe, i.e. xSTPs. He is more like alt-right than neocon (i.e. globalists).

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think what you refer to as bde (chadness? masculinity) is more like Se (libidinal energy). Se among other things is a symbolism for impulsivity, aggression and desire for anarchism/chaos/freedom/disinhibition (which they refer to as libertarianism these days). It is not strictly restricted to the masculine though in that people can be feminine and anarchist/libertarian simultaneously, hence we have leftlibertarians (alt-left) and rightlibertarians (alt-right).

But we are a bit on the same page. To me, the level of S function denotes the strength of libidinal energy (bde) and its direction dictate whether is it overt/active (Se) or covert/passive (Si). However it doesn't denote the gender identity (it just amplifies it), which is defined by whether one prefers T or S, in that vein ExxPs and IxxJs are more gender neutral in identity as their T and F when developed are more or less in equal strength (meaning they can exercise both) so they should be closer to the centre on the left-right (feminine-masculine) horizontal axis, relative to the IxxPs and ExxJs (who are either T-doms i.e. hypermasculine or F-doms i.e. hyperfeminine).

As for the vertical order/authority-anarchy/freedom axis, if I place Si-doms (ISxJs) higher away from the center, that would mean they are the most authoritarian types, however, compared to ESxJs, because the former are introverts, they apply the authority more on themselves and less on others whereas ESxJs want to apply the authority externally on others. Similary Fi-doms and Ti-doms are more politically entrenched in their ideologies and their need for not being ruled over. That's why I opted to place T-doms and F-doms further away from the centre on the vertical axis, than T-aux and F-aux types.

As for those in the upper (authoritarian) half, they are either people with high Si (xSxJs) or low Se (xNxJs), meaning their libidinal energies (i.e. anarchist/volatile tendencies) are either contained or are low by nature, hence they stick together (collectivist) and are more law-abiding/respecting (authoritarian).

About Trump, he has a disregard for rules and due process and wants to toot his own horn in office, which makes me think he's a TP type, and in that case he should also be placed in the lower right quadrant (libright or altright) politically, whereas the upper right quadrant people are more like conservatives (IxxJs) and neocons (ExxJs). I don't know why they place him in the upper right quadrant and not the lower right. An ExxJ would rather try to establish a police state where every citizen is monitored 24/7 for misconduct. He was more concerned with bringing manufacturing jobs back to US to allow more employment opportunities for his voter base i.e. blue collar average Joe, i.e. xSTPs. He is more like alt-right than neocon (i.e. globalists).
I thought he revealed himself to be pretty authoritarian. Emphasis on terms like "law and order" when he was originally campaigning in 2015-16. Olus a lot of his proposed ideas still required top-down authority to implement (although that is going to be the case with most any president, by the very nature of their position). He brought a different brand than we're used to seeing from right/left authoritarians in US politics, and yes, there may be some bleedover in his worldviews to the lower right. I don't think most people can be pegged to just one point on the graph, given the complexity and variety of issues that come up in politics. It is true some of his authoritarianism came from the party supporting him, but he definitely ran with it when it suited him. This isn't meant to be a criticism of Trump so much as me relating my impressions.

Calvin Coolidge is probably a good example of Si masculinity. Teddy Roosevelt a good example of Se masculinity.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
ISTJ, probably some kind of a 1. Really bad at using intuition and feeling. I "love" his disjointed videos where he throws in sob stories to show he has feelings and then completely fails to integrate them into his worldview and just spews out his nazi social Darwinist bullshit.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
ISTJ, probably some kind of a 1. Really bad at using intuition and feeling. I "love" his disjointed videos where he throws in sob stories to show he has feelings and then completely fails to integrate them into his worldview and just spews out his nazi social Darwinist bullshit.
I don't think his Fe is obvious, but he goes into these modes where he talks really complexly, and gestures like he's holding something. It strikes me as very Ti.

As for his morals, he's actually one of the most heroic famous individuals there are.

The problem is that he had a majorly bad turning point in life where he thought that "getting himself together" was like the purpose of life, and now he promotes the idea to everyone. He failed.

So he's a hero, but not a hero who should be the face of heroism.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I don't think his Fe is obvious, but he goes into these modes where he talks really complexly, and gestures like he's holding something. It strikes me as very Ti.
Wouldn't it be articulation and directive gesturing, though?

As for his morals, he's actually one of the most heroic famous individuals there are.

The problem is that he had a majorly bad turning point in life where he thought that "getting himself together" was like the purpose of life, and now he promotes the idea to everyone. He failed.

So he's a hero, but not a hero who should be the face of heroism.
He's promoting nazi social Darwinism, he's a monster, not a hero.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Wouldn't it be articulation and directive gesturing, though?

He's promoting nazi social Darwinism, he's a monster, not a hero.

All speech is articulation, but it still shows the signals for all 8 functions. He has an inward pointing voice when he does this. Ti is about technically defined terms, whereas Fi is emotionally resonant terms.

Can you explain what you mean by his social Darwinism?

MaxMad244

MBTI Type
INTJ
Jordan Peterson has become a parity of himself. He initially was very potent but he's watered himself down to the point of being a standard talking heads, parroting his former self.

ENFP.