• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How would you rank the seven deadly sins in order of how much they affect you?

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I forgot if there is already a thread like this, but today I asked [MENTION=38618]Saturnal Snowqueen[/MENTION] this question and I thought it would be a good thread.

Feel free to give as much or as little detail as you would like.

My answers:

7. Greed - Plain and simple, I'm just not very materialistic. Of course I have some possessions I like and would hate to lose, but I'm content with what I have on a physical level. My desire for more pertains almost exclusively to wishing I were a better person, inside and out.

6. Lust - As much as I like busting a nut, I can go without it. I do like "pleasures of the body" in the form of exercise and have overdone it to the point of injury but I'm not sure that counts as lust.

5. Pride - I can get cocky sometimes about a few things (and sometimes I seem to believe that I can't get hurt by doing certain actions even if they're not really safe), but overall I have too much doubt to become excessively confident in my abilities.

4. Sloth - I'm not super lazy. I'm not one to lay in bed all day unless I'm ill or injured. I get shit done, or I worry about getting shit done, I can't seem to just relax. But I can seem slothful since I'm not super accomplished in life due to fear.

3. Gluttony - I love food and can overindulge very easily. I look forward to food more than almost anything in life. I can also stop myself from enjoying these kinds of pleasures, but I'll be fucking miserable. There'd be even less of a point to life than there is now, which is zero in my case.

2. Envy - Probably my most common of the sins. I know I technically have some things to be happy with, but it's hard for me to be happy with them because the grass is always greener. I can't look at a person without seeing them as inherently better than me, and being more privileged than me, in every way. I can look at a person in the worst of circumstances and find things to envy them for. They either have a relationship that I can never seem to get, or they're better looking, or they're stronger, or they're just happier. It eats me up inside every day and it feels disgusting.

1. Wrath - I look a lot more envious than wrathful because I am more open about my envy. It destroys me a lot more than it can destroy other people. I have wrath as first place because that's where my evil side comes out, a side I'm not super proud of. It's caused me to think some of my worst thoughts about people, resort to taking pleasure in planning their worst pains in great detail, and frequently. I've treated my very few loved ones poorly from rage. And yet, I keep letting it consume my thoughts.

Mole

Permabanned
Sin is an offence against God, and to appease the anger of God at being offended, we make sacrifice.

The Phoenicians sacrificed very small babies in their temples across the world, and today we still have thousands of Phoenician urns containing the remains of the sacrifices babies.

Many religions also sacrificed animals to appease an angry God, and our own religion, Christianity sacrificed Jesus as a blood sacrifice to appease the anger of God the Father.

Today, we see sin as a delusion, which has been replaced by the categories of psychology.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Pride > Wrath = Envy > Gluttony > Sloth > Greed > Lust

Mole

Permabanned
Today, we see the obsession with sin as part of narcissism. And narcissism is self hatred disguised as self love or self discipline.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Envy > Wrath = Pride > Gluttony, > Sloth > Greed > Lust

Im envious about a lot of things people take for granted that I never had growing up. I put wrath and pride equally, because they kinda go hand and hand with me. I can become very spiteful.

Mole

Permabanned
Envy > Wrath = Pride > Gluttony, > Sloth > Greed > Lust

Im envious about a lot of things people take for granted that I never had growing up. I put wrath and pride equally, because they kinda go hand and hand with me. I can become very spiteful.

I look forward to asking you, why have you transcended your spite? In fact as a spiritual exercise you might ask your unconscious, why have I transcended my spite? And your unconscious will hunt around for the answer.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I look forward to asking you, why have you transcended your spite? In fact as a spiritual exercise you might ask your unconscious, why have I transcended my spite? And your unconscious will hunt around for the answer.

I am spiteful, because I have spent my entire life with people imposing their limits on myself. So I simply sought to act outside of their limits, and see their faces when they recognize they were wrong about me. I have not transcended it, but harnessed it for my own improvement.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. Sloth.... I am much better at this than than I used to be, but I still have a tendency towards lazy procrastination.

2. Gluttony... I'd find it easier to give up alcohol than the foods I really like (which tend to be fatty).

3. Wrath.... this may have been number 1 at one time but it's died down quite a bit. It still surfaces sometimes. :)

4. Lust - Yes, I pleasure myself often enough, but these days I'm comfortable going a long time without sex until I find someone whose company I enjoy enough to want to put in the effort of maintaining a relationship. I never feel like my lust is "uncontrollable."

5. Envy - Everyone seems to want what someone else has, this doesn't seem a good way to live. Sometimes I suppose I might be envious of guys who are taller than me. I used to be envious of people who seemed to have a more stable upbringing, but I've decided now that it's so hard to tell if that's really the case, and comparatively speaking, my own situation was a lot better than many people's.

6. Greed - I want to live comfortably and do things I enjoy, but I don't think money is worth sacrificing principles for. I don't necessarily have to do something that produces "good" but it's important to me that I at least perceive it as "neutral."

7. Pride - I am probably too humble, to the point of selling myself short at times (although I'm better then I used to be
).

Mole

Permabanned
I am spiteful, because I have spent my entire life with people imposing their limits on myself. So I simply sought to act outside of their limits, and see their faces when they recognize they were wrong about me. I have not transcended it, but harnessed it for my own improvement.

Good on you, mate.

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sloth > Wrath > Pride > Envy > Lust > Gluttony > Greed

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1) Wrath: Pointed out by my friend the other day; I am far more "angry" and "wrathful" then I let on. My biggest motivator is probably anger and my desire to control it's presence.

2) Greed: I'm far less inclined to sharing than most people. My time, energy, and belongings are very "mine" and while I play polite and give when I must, I'm less generous than most I think.

3) Sloth: I have trouble actually doing things and am perpetually in the land of planning and thinking. I'm an enabler. I'm more mentally slothful than physically though, I can be fairly "active."

4) Pride: I go back and forth, I have little self esteem and confidence but I can also be quite self-righteous. I'm inclined to play the moral high ground. I'd say sloth and pride are probably on par with one another.

5) Envy: Used to be non-existent, but I can't say that any more. Hard to distinguish from pride, I am now not a foreigner to jealousy but it's still relatively rare.

6) Gluttony: I like food, but I'm not one to consume resources (physical, mental, food eheheh) to a gluttonous extent. I can be somewhat ascetic.

7) Lust: Out of the context of sexuality, I'm really not desirous. It's difficult to go after things just because I want it or to feel connected enough to desire to even like.... Pay much attention to it.

theablekingedgar

Permabanned
Gluttony - kind of
Sloth - no. I'm very productive
Envy - no, I'm seldom ever envious
Greed - no, I want but not excessively.
Lust - kind of, but in a healthy way. I don't grope nor rape people.
Avarice - I like material stuff like anybody else but it doesn't make me greedy.
Pride - I have good self-esteem but never bordering into conceit.

Seven deadly sins is a bullshit concept anyhow. it's not 1850 - we're not all temperance and duty in this era.

Mole

Permabanned
not 1850 - we're not all temperance and duty in this era.

Quite right, we are not all duty in this era, this is why we are starting our own era, under the embodiment duty, Elizabeth II, and we are calling it CANZUK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Britain. We are happy to leave this era of narcissism behind, and build the fourth largest economy in the world, stable and prosperous and free.

Narcissism has given us thousands of new cases of the virus every day, while doing our duty has freed a Continent from the virus.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sloth- I’ve never been a slothful person. I may not be able to do a lot of things I wish I could, but I’m always trying. I hate stagnation, & I do my best to remain mentally & physically active in life.

Greed- I don’t care about material wealth or having more than others, or the most of anything. I don’t need much in order to feel secure, fulfilled, & happy. And I share what I have, when I can.

Envy- I don’t compare what I value in myself or my life to how others are or what they have. Never saw the point in that. My cup is half-full, & I don’t give a damn what’s in yours.

Lust- I interpret this as giving in to it at the cost of good, healthy things in one’s life. I have a healthy sex drive that I freely indulge in, but not to the point that it adversely affects my ability to function or my quality of life/relationships, etc.

Wrath- I rarely even feel anger, let alone wrath. It really takes quite a lot to get under my skin. I’m a fairly calm person, & approach negative emotions constructively as much as I can. I don’t carry it.

Gluttony- I’ve never been one to overindulge in food/alcohol, etc. Occasionally, when my uterus demands a sacrifice, I must slaughter a village of Sour Patch Kids candy til I burn my mouth. Does that count?

Pride- I used to be too proud to accept help from others— to my own detriment— but I resolved that, years ago.

Mole

Permabanned
Sloth- I’ve never been a slothful person. I may not be able to do a lot of things I wish I could, but I’m always trying. I hate stagnation, & I do my best to remain mentally & physically active in life.

Greed- I don’t care about material wealth or having more than others, or the most of anything. I don’t need much in order to feel secure, fulfilled, & happy. And I share what I have, when I can.

Envy- I don’t compare what I value in myself or my life to how others are or what they have. Never saw the point in that. My cup is half-full, & I don’t give a damn what’s in yours.

Lust- I interpret this as giving in to it at the cost of good, healthy things in one’s life. I have a healthy sex drive that I freely indulge in, but not to the point that it adversely affects my ability to function or my quality of life/relationships, etc.

Wrath- I rarely even feel anger, let alone wrath. It really takes quite a lot to get under my skin. I’m a fairly calm person, & approach negative emotions constructively as much as I can. I don’t carry it.

Gluttony- I’ve never been one to overindulge in food/alcohol, etc. Occasionally, when my uterus demands a sacrifice, I must slaughter a village of Sour Patch Kids candy til I burn my mouth. Does that count?

Pride- I used to be too proud to accept help from others— to my own detriment— but I resolved that, years ago.

You sound pretty good to me, Lexicon.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You sound pretty good to me, Lexicon.

Aw, I try to be a good person, but we all slip up sometimes. I’m definitely not without ‘sin’ (I’m atheist, so I just interpret that as having faults/capable of errors in judgement/poor choices). Most humans aren’t necessarily bad people, even if they have vices or sin on occasion, I think. All a matter of degree & insight, I guess.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wrath > Gluttony > Pride > Greed > Lust > Envy.

Wrath: I think anyone who knows me knows this.

Gluttony: Gluttony is merely a lack of temperance, a taste for excessiveness, not just in correlation to food or drink. I am a glutton to anything I find appealing. Obsessive.

Pride: You cannot have wrath without having a prideful sense of ego to protect. I have struggled in the past with self-righteousness which is a form of pride and I try to temper myself.

Greed: I need the money to afford my gluttony. XD

Lust: *looks at thumbdrive with 2000+ photos of Samuel Larsen* so...I don't think anyone is gonna argue it SOMEWHAT exists, not in a sexualized nature, but obviously.

Envy: I occasionally have a self pity moment of WHY DOES EVERYONE GET THIS BUT ME but that isn't regular.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lust = Sloth > Gluttony > Pride = Greed > Wrath > Envy

Mole

Permabanned
Sin is an offence against God, but God the Father, sacrificed God the Son on the Cross, in order to forgive our sins.

So sin is an obscene fantasy of a society based on blood sacrifice.

Across the road from me is a Church which practices blood sacrifice every day as though it is the most ordinary thing in the world. And attached to the Church are four confessionals where we confess our sins to a child abusing priest. And on Saturdays brides demonstrate their purity and virginity by wearing expensive pure white wedding dresses.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
1: Sloth

2: Gluttony

3: Pride

4: Wrath

5: Envy

6: Greed

7: Lust