• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

have I been mistyped?

Reaper

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
was pretty deep into MBTI years back and identified rather well as an INTJ but returning to MBTI now, I feel a bit differently about things. not sure if I'm still an INTJ or if I've mistyped myself.

• How old are you? What's your gender? Give us a general description of yourself.
18, female. Not sure what else a "general description" entails exactly, but I'm a generally reserved sort of person. Somehow, I find it a bit difficult to describe myself because I think I can "be" a few conflicting things depending on the circumstance and my company, if that makes any sense. What remains a lot of the time, though, is some of my stubbornness.

• Is there a medical diagnosis that may impact your mental stability somehow?
Not particularly, but I've been in and out of depression and several suicidal episodes in the past. I think I'm alright at the moment, though.

• Describe your upbringing. Did it have any kind of religious or structured influence? How did you respond to it?
No religious upbringing but I grew up in a rather stereotypically strict Asian household. I think it's done me both good and bad. It's made me a perfectionist and has had helped me achieve what I have thus far but has probably contributed a fair amount to some pretty shitty self-esteem issues.
And at the same time, I've definitely learned to lie very well and be "sneaky" / discreet. My parents have always been, and are, overly protective of my safety but generally trust me to know what I'm doing, so my privacy is left alone for the most part.
Definitely did not partake in the partying/getting drunk/high scene as much as some of my friends, though, mostly just because my overcautiousness usually won over any of my interests in it, which were already rather limited and fueled only by some vague curiosities.
Things have changed a bit since though. I still live with my parents and the typical frustration of feeling "caged" when living with helicopter parents combined with my being closeted for about 7 years have likely added to my some of my pent up reckless impulses.

• What do you do as a job or as a career (if you have one)? Do you like it? Why or why not?
I'm still a student, but probably gonna go into film.
I really detest talking about it since it seems impossible to talk about movies without coming off like a pretentious ass, but aside from genuinely just loving movies, I think film has always been a perfect outlet for me.
A lot of the time I've spent growing up has been time spent hanging in a bit of a limbo between "the arts" and "the academics" and again, my growing up in a pretty stereotypical Asian household can tell you the sort of biased influence my family had on my interests.
But my own (limited) experiences in directing have always given me an embarrassing sort of "high" (not sure if it just comes from being in control though lmao). I'd probably attribute my personal enjoyment working in film to (1) the creative/emotional outlet it provides me, (2) the regular exercising of my organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills, and (3) the new experiences of meeting and learning from other artists.

• If you had to spend an entire weekend by yourself, how would you feel? Would you feel lonely or refreshed?
I'd feel fine. I'd say I'm a lonely person in general, and even then the feeling only really arises past 1AM, so I don't think I'd feel too affected.
I'd probably not feel incredibly refreshed either, but I know I'd have a lot more energy stored up.

• What kinds of activities do you prefer? Do you like, and are you good at sports? Do you enjoy any other outdoor or indoor activities?
lmao I'm kind of boring and okay with whatever as long as I'm not risking my life lol. Not great at any sports aside from football/soccer and swimming.
Movie-watching, writing, reading, cooking are all things I enjoy. Taking walks, playing the few instruments I know how to, going shopping are all fine with me too.

• How curious are you? Do you have more ideas then you can execute? What are your curiosities about? What are your ideas about - is it environmental or conceptual, and can you please elaborate?
I'd say I'm a fairly curious person, but not the sort that's curious about every little thing in daily life.
Most of the time my curiosities are more conceptual, mostly about human nature and people's relationships with others. I don't know if I should be more specific here, but I think I'll refrain for now unless I have to, or else I'd be typing on endlessly. I wonder a lot about a lot of the things that differentiate us, things that make us all essentially variations of one person, how people come to hate or love the things or people they do, how our wants and needs contradict each other and knowing when and how to prioritize one over the other, etc.
Lots more thoughts, lots more variations of the same thoughts, and sometimes just continuations of the same thoughts from the previous day, week, month, whatever.

• Would you enjoy taking on a leadership position? Do you think you would be good at it? What would your leadership style be?
Depends on what I'm working on, but yes, in most cases I'd probably enjoy taking on a leadership position.
If I'm working on a project that has little weight on me, my career, or reputation, I won't mind just coasting along and letting whoever's leading do their job so long as they're not tremendously incompetent.
But if it's a project I care deeply about for whatever reason, then yes, I'd absolutely prefer being the leader. I'd probably feel more comfortable working with a smaller team, though. And if it's a project involving areas of my knowledge/interests, then yes I think I'd be good at it. Again at the risk of sounding like an arrogant snob, I think it's a bit in my nature to obsessively organize and develop backup plans and backup plans for the original backup plans, just because I'm very wary of appearing incompetent. That, combined with some interpersonal, delegation, and organizational skills, would make me at least a non-shitty leader, I'd hope.
I think my approach would be firm but friendly and receptive. I'd make sure to delegate tasks without being meek, but be friendly and happy enough to keep morale up and make sure everyone's enjoying the work they're doing, or at the very least not despising the experience completely.
My only real problems would probably depend on the sort of team I'm working with. I'm open to confrontation as an individual, but I think I'd be overly concerned with appearing like an asshole to others if I'm confronting one person to keep on task or to hurry to make the deadline. Worst case scenario, I'd be incredibly uncomfortable handling it, but I'd try to give a few gentle reminders/warnings and then just straight up inform them they're not only doing themselves a disserve, but the team and me as well.

• Are you coordinated? Why do you feel as if you are or are not? Do you enjoy working with your hands in some form? Describe your activity?
I'm... alright with coordination lmao. Not one for overly rigorous activities, but I can handle it. I do enjoy working with my hands in some form, though (e.g. building things, putting things together, taking things apart, etc.).

• Are you artistic? If yes, describe your art? If you are not particular artistic but can appreciate art please likewise describe what forums of art you enjoy. Please explain your answer.
Yeah, I'm artistic. I've already mentioned film, but I used to paint and draw a lot as well. I love visiting art museums.
I'm not very particular about mediums when it comes to enjoyment as I try to be as open and receptive to all sorts of things as much as possible even if my immediate reaction might be negative or confused. I think there's a lot of work out there to be admired for their execution of various techniques, but also many to be admired for the sorts of feelings they evoke.
lmao this is such a bland answer but I'm not very good at verbalizing the reasons for why I love art so much, I just... do?t5

• What's your opinion about the past, present, and future? How do you deal with them?
Not really any important feelings about the past or the present. I'm much more excited about the future.
A lot of shitty things have happened in my past, so while I don't feel the need to think about the past so much as I think it's a bit pointless to dwell on things that can't be changed, a lot of the longtime feelings I've dealt with have definitely carried over the years. While I can be happy or excited or angry in the moment, I think the emotional state I always fall back on when I'm alone/unpreoccupied is really just some sort of amalgamation of stale feelings from years back.
The present is meanwhile pretty boring. Just lots of work in preparation for the future.

• How do you act when others request your help to do something (anything)? If you would decide to help them, why would you do so?
Depends on who, what, and when. If I've got the time/energy and it's a friend (or at least, someone I'm on good terms with) who's asking and doesn't require me to saw off a limb, I'll happily do whatever I can to help.
In other situations, I might be less motivated to give my all, but for the most part, I'll still help a bit. If it's someone I really despise, I'll probably just ignore them or make up some excuse.

• Do you need logical consistency in your life?
lmao is that even possible? I think I'd like it, but I don't need it. It'd be boring after a while.

• How important is efficiency and productivity to you?
When it comes to work, they're extremely important. If I can get something done in 30 minutes, I don't want to end up getting it done in 3 hours for no good reason.

• Do you control others, even if indirectly? How and why do you do that?
... yes... I think I can be manipulative to get my way. I don't usually do it, and if I do it's never anything wildly insane or conniving. Usually it's just small things to get little reactions from people.
If I'm trying to be liked, it depends on the setting. If I'm in a (small) group and feeling comfortable, I'll act a certain way to get people to like me. I'll probably dial up the humor (probably do something dumb and maybe embarrassing to get people to laugh) and be more facially expressive.
In one-on-one situations, I'll just mirror the other person or behave in a way that complements their behavior.
And if I want to be left alone, I usually avoid actually saying so. Most of that's just left to body language and appearing... "intimidating" I guess.
lmao I feel as though explaining all that makes me seem like a robot programmed to assume all these various personalities but honestly, I don't think about it all too much. There have been times I've just behaved in whatever way without thinking about it and only realized my motivations afterwards.

• What are your hobbies? Why do you like them?
Aren't these just the same as the activities I listed earlier? That's my answer here too anyway. To explain why very generally, it's because they either provide some means of emotional outlet or relaxation or both.

• What is your learning style? What kind of learning environments do you struggle with most? Why do you like/struggle with these learning styles? Do you prefer classes involving memorization, logic, creativity, or your physical senses?
Not sure, but I'd probably lean to visual or a combination of that and kinesthetic. I love lectures as long as I love the subject, though, so I'm not especially against auditory. But if I'm not interested, it's easy for me to zone out completely.
I prefer classes where I can be creative and use my physical senses. I'm good at memorizing things but I think years of doing so for classes have made me detest it now.

• How good are you at strategizing? Do you easily break up projects into manageable tasks? Or do you have a tendency to wing projects and improvise as you go?
I'm good at strategizing and organizing. I can easily break up projects into smaller tasks.
The only issue regards whether or not I stick to that plan. I might be able to divide a project into mini tasks, but I might then wing things when it comes to those mini tasks. So, I'd say it's a mix of both. Usually it just comes down to whether or not I'm lazy at the moment.

• What are your aspirations in life, professionally and personally?
Professionally, I know how I'd like to begin my career. As for whatever happens after, I'd like to see where life takes me and experiment a lot while I can.
Personally, I'd like to avoid relapsing into being a vessel of self-loathing and loneliness. Not to be overly optimistic and reach too far beyond my grasp, but being at least mildly content with myself and having healthy, loving relationships with a handful of people would be nice.

• What are your fears? What makes you uncomfortable? What do you hate? Why?
Fears: Death, becoming suicidal again, failing completely in my professional life
What makes me uncomfortable: Seeing other people uncomfortable, being thrust into unfamiliar territory (literally or metaphorically)
What I hate: incompetence (a pain to work with), betrayals of trust (do I need a reason lol), (intentional) ignorance (I personally value political awareness/activism so people who willfully turn a blind eye to things/people who are proudly heartless annoy the fuck out of me, and to a lesser extent, people who don't know or care to read other people's body language to know when they're making a person uncomfortable or hurting their feelings is just a thing that annoys me), injustice
to be honest though, I don't actively hate many things. At most, it's just things that annoy me to varying degrees.

• What do the "highs" in your life look like?
Those are the periods of my life when I've been happy over a long stretch of time and/or achieved my goals academically or professionally.

• What do the "lows" in your life look like?
Those are my worst depressive episodes. Aside from that, the "lows" would be the periods of my life where I've been unable to achieve whatever I'd been striving to achieve for whatever reason.

• How attached are you to reality? Do you daydream often, or do you pay attention to what's around you? If you do daydream, are you aware of your surroundings while you do so?
I'd say I'm fairly attached to reality, but I do daydream a good amount as well. But I typically restrict my daydreaming to when I'm alone at home.
If I'm out, I don't really daydream. I'm much more focused on my surroundings then and doing whatever I need to do without getting in anybody's way. Have definitely been called out a few times by friends for repeatedly instinctively herding them through crowds if they're not noticing people behind them trying to pass.

• Imagine you are alone in a blank, empty room. There is nothing for you to do and no one to talk to. What do you think about?
If I've willingly entered this situation and thus don't have to be concerned about how to get the hell out or how long I'll be in there, I'd probably just think about myself, sort out some feelings, and daydream about my future.

• How long do you take to make an important decision? And do you change your mind once you've made it?
I'll try to make the decision as soon as possible. At most, I'll take a day or two. And unless the need to change it is immense I'll refrain from changing my mind.

• How long do you take to process your emotions? How important are emotions in your life?
I think I just let myself feel what I feel as long as I'm not hurting anybody or lashing out irrationally.
Emotions are definitely important in my life as I spent a considerable portion of it repressing them. I don't let my emotions keep me from behaving rationally or making well-thought-out major decisions but I think they're important to consider.
When it comes to most feelings, I don't have much trouble processing them. If I'm hurt, it might take a bit more self-analysis depending on the situation. lmao honestly I don't even know what "processing your emotions" really entails...

• Do you ever catch yourself agreeing with others just to appease them and keep the conversation going? How often? Why?
Yes, definitely. I won't strongly agree with them but I'll just go along with it. A lot of conflicts are just not worth the time and energy they consume.
If it's something I deeply care about, though, I won't agree just to keep the peace. I'll just politely stand my ground.
I do it often enough for myself to notice but definitely not all the time as I generally hang out with people who agree with me on "major issues."

• Do you break rules often? Do you think authority should be challenged, or that they know better? If you do break rules, why?
I don't break rules all the time just for the hell of it but I'll happily do it if I want to or feel justified in doing so. Authority should definitely be challenged at all times. Otherwise, I don't think they're valid forms of authority.
I'll break rules if I feel I know better and if I don't care about the consequences.

lmao I didn't realize I'd written so much, so sorry about that. Probably could've done a better job of answering some questions but I'm a bit exhausted now. If you need clarification, I'm completely open to providing it! Thanks.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
You seem to be an introverted feeler-extroverted sensation (ISFP). Your learning style is a kinesthetic and visual, and that you prefere classes that utilizes you physical senses indicates you are a sensor types. When you are so drawn to studying typology in a psychological sense; not scientific, it signifies you are inclined to psychological learning. You may have just awaken the spiritual side of you, the introverted intuition.
ISFP tends to be a creative person. They tend to be artistic. You love to visit an art museum. You love drawing, painting. You also play instrument?. You have musical aptitude.
You are planning to go for film making? I do not recommend film making in general for ISFP. However, ISFP is suitable to profess as an animation artist.
Since you love to use your hand while working, like building things, You should consider to take an architecture degree and take an architect as a profession also. I identify some of the most successful Architect is an ISFP, like Frank Gehry.
There are a lot of people who hesitate about their type, when testing themselves with the MBTI. It is a good to start with in studying Typology. However,To understand more, You should read more about the cognitive /psychological functions theory by reading Carl Jung Psychological Types.
You are somewhat like me to the extent to which You aspire to be successful both in academic and professional life and fear of failure on both.
You should consider working professionally as a freelance artist. Now there are many website on the net on which you can find freelance work offered. Some of the most well known are fiverr, if you have already a product to be marketed, try etsy. Try browsing on their website.
OMG A suicidal episode?!. You may have experience a depression. You should have consulted a psychiatrist.
You should read more about psychology, to balance between artistic conscious side and spiritual unconscious side. Have you ever heard about Kurt Cobain? you can search him on the net. I identify him as an ISFP too. He died committed suicide. your When your thread is not responded quickly, you should make sure that you learn also autodidactly.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I am not that much inspired today and I dont see a clear pattern on your answers.
Could you do a cognitive functions test, please?
I would NOT recommend the IDR labs one and I do recommend Typology Central or My Keys 2 Cognition.

I do see some catch for Feeling and Sensing (instead of Thinking and Intuition), although either of them could be tertiary. Your answers seem more conceptual than factual to me. Maybe there was a pression for show and deal with feelings, but it could be depression synthom or both. I see introversion clearly, and about P or J I just dont know. And wanting to join a movie school is not something that really make you a feeler because it INTJ and INTP are common in filming school (there is a stats study in a filming university that I saw sometime ago that stated it).

About cognitive functions. The fact that you state for not having a single plan or vision goes through not being leading by Ni. I do see Ne instead on your plannings. P users can plan, and ENTP kind of plan is full of plan Bs (INTP either). Im not quite sure about Se or Si; I do see some Fi over Fe; And I am clueless about Te or Ti.