• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Fe types - What are you hiding?!

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes.

I'd take this to PM just to make sure they don't start something.
Well, mods are members too, and for that matter, we are members first. Then again, you are welcome to post your thoughts elsewhere, where the audience composition is more to your liking.

Off topic!
Civility off-topic? Heaven forbid.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's evidence that the inferior Fe is hiding something. ;)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why does that matter? They're not using mod powers for anything, they're just participating like regular members...
Like I said, everyone is actually out to get everyone else, and every smile is actually a lie.

jakopic

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
A topic I liked in Heidegger, authenticity vs unauthenticity. Although I think he would say something similar for Te users.
I don't expect Fe users to understand these things as the inferior Ti would begin to allow anxiety to pass through the facade of other emotions. Lies are integrated for the game of social conformity. The closer the truth comes to the ears of Fe users, the more anxiety comes creeping in. Although I am not saying they are incapable of dealing with their authentic self, it is just that it might have become so unconscious that they can only experience it with projections.

INerdTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you're a dom or aux Fe type, you may have a problem that you're not even aware of: inauthenticity, which I loosely define as putting on an act for others, or being what others want you to be - or as my Fe-aux father explained it to me, putting on a front, a "personality" as he called it, which was something he highly recommended that I do.

Not only do you Fe types want to conform to others' social values, you want to be the best at it because (in 'Murica) that is also a social value. This seems to be a win/win living strategy because everybody benefits. You benefit when you conform to social values and are rewarded for it; others benefit because you often strive to put your best foot forward.

But you're lying. And inwardly, somewhere deep down, you know you're lying. Always and consistently putting your best foot forward makes you look good, really good. You may even be a pillar of your community. My ISFJ father was widely celebrated in his circles as a great guy. He would brag to me about how the judge let him off of his DUI charge because the judge said he's a great guy. And if I want the same special treatment then I need to be just like him when I grow up, invisible warts and all.

My Fe-aux father was not all that he was cracked up to be. He was living a lie, and in many ways that was also acceptable because all these other Fe types running society were also lying in pretty much the same ways, and still are. And he was never exposed because they rarely are. The judge let him off of the hook for a DUI. Society protects its own.

This isn't a thread about my father, it's about types who live a lie but find shelter behind society's rules. This is about the Fe function.

This is not Fe. It is enneagram 2/3. ESFJ 7s, ENFJ 8s, INFJ 4s and ISFJ 6s don't do this.

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9?
Instinctual Variant
sp
Because nobody is actually friendly. In reality, everybody is out to get everybody else. Charity is a lie. Did you know that the human face isn't actually designed to smile? That means that every smile is fake.

I can't read internet sarcasm - was this serious or not? It sounds like parody, but I've heard similar things said in seriousness too many times....

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can't read internet sarcasm - was this serious or not? It sounds like parody, but I've heard similar things said in seriousness too many times....

No it's legit, hugs are practice for stabbing each other in the back

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sarcasm, totally

But it's completely understandable it might be taken seriously :(

Jaguar

Forgive me. I have other Fe examples, not just my father. But let's lay that aside for now. Let's say you're not a two-faced drunk who beats his wife. I fully grant that there are Fe-dom and -aux types who don't relieve the repressed sides of their personalities by taking it out on others, committing murders like Fe-aux Richard Ramirez, or being immoral behind the scenes where nobody important can see it happening. Those are extreme examples. Still, there is a layer of something that you're hiding from yourself. I've known Fe types to completely submerge their childhoods, for example, although not volitionally. Whatever it is, you've pushed it out of consciousness and are using society to shield yourself from it. And it's going to come out in some way.

Fe-aux Ramirez? Where do you get this stupid shit? Oh, I forgot - whatever Malware types someone as is twue, twue, twue. Go get em' Tweety.

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the Fe auxs are butthurt af... although they can't seem to find a voice offline. at least Fe doms are outspoken offline as well. i totally agree with the OP. i'm growing tired of Fe doms/auxs constantly getting away with crap because they are the pillar of the community. the amount of people including myself that see threw their crap is ominous.