• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other/Multiple Enneatypes] ENFJ 2 vs. ENFJ 4?

xXMariahXx

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been unable to decypher whether I'm enneagram 2 or 4.

I don't know if 2 qualities are coming from being ENFJ (Fe) ... or if 4 qualities from the effects of an abusive childhood...

Any input is appreciated!!

Last edited:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have similar issues, since I had a 4w5 in my tritype and recently moved to 2w3, though I am keeping 9w8 as my core for now.

I had the joy of the fucked up childhood and such.

I do know I am unique and special, lol, people talk about me and praise and such.

But I know I am 2w3 not 4w5 because I really like helping people. I enjoy helping them fix their issues, gaining knowledge, etc. I left jobs because I felt I was not helping enough people.

I also am compulsively friendly. I need to help those I encounter each day have a better day. I automatically talk to them in a way that leaves them happy and elated, with only a few words.

And I really want to be loved, since my mom didn't love me as a child and continues to not love me today....

A fucked up childhood can help shape our enneatype.....

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I was in the same boat as you for a while. I mistyped as 4w3 since I first got into the Enneagram, because I confused behavior with core motivation (which is what Enneagram is actually about). I agree that it's easy to confuse 2 and Fe and 4 and Fi. Again, though, I think Enneagram is the core motivation and JC functions are the behavior one uses to achieve that deep desire.

This thread was exceedingly useful for me. It sounds like it might apply to you as well.

ameeker

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
When you're trying to sort it out it helps to think of what number you are when under stress (shadow self).