• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Education Reform: What disciplines and areas do you feel need to be addressed in our school systems? Which ingredients do you feel are missing?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Education Reform: What disciplines and areas do you feel need to be addressed in our school systems? Which ingredients do you feel are missing to develop a healthy and well rounded child?

It is my contention that having the following ingredients could help to nurture and develop more mentally healthy children who grow up to have good self esteem, self concept, and good mental health.

it all starts with the children. I’ve time and again stressed I favor Carl Jung’s insights. Until we make the unconscious, conscious we will not evolve as a society. Introduce this into the school environment.

1. Cognitive Mindfulness and knowing what distortions of thought are in the thinking process.

If we implement cognitive discipline at an early age then perhaps we can engender a new generation that is more responsible for their own thoughts, feelings and actions.

Plus also be mindful of cognitive distortions in their speech and writing. I hear we are at the dawn of a new awakening. There are phrases such as raise your frequency and vibration.

Nothing comes easy. This paradigm change won’t occur until we learn to discipline our own mind and become more aware of our unconscious.

2. Empathy training and skills in a circular experiential learning environment of youngsters. Hypothetically have children at a young age describe how the actions of others affect them.

Other children need to be aware of how some of their callous behavior may impact others. Have this done in a circle of their peers.

3. Active listening skills taught. There’s a difference between communicating and ‘talking at’ people. There is a difference between listening and ‘hearing your own self and your own message.’

The things we have learned in society has become part of our software on how we interact with others.

Without these mental disciplines learned, there are viruses of discrepancies in how to talk and communicate in an adult and effective manner.” LightSun