• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Duality doesn't exist

misanthropex6

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
8w7
any two people with any types can experience duality, simply because it's just a change in cognitive patterns and not who they actually are as a person. two of the same type can have duality or not, two of a different type can experience duality, or not. duality has more to do with who those two people are as social people, the experiences they've been through, their moral and logical objectives, rather than internal shit like cognitive patterns.
I would discuss motives and how long a relationship between two certain types can be maintained because of the cognitive patterns, though. Just like two people can in a day figure out they're soulmates and in a few years playing house together they discover they hate each other's guts.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
any two people with any types can experience duality, simply because it's just a change in cognitive patterns and not who they actually are as a person. two of the same type can have duality or not, two of a different type can experience duality, or not. duality has more to do with who those two people are as social people, the experiences they've been through, their moral and logical objectives, rather than internal shit like cognitive patterns.
I would discuss motives and how long a relationship between two certain types can be maintained because of the cognitive patterns, though. Just like two people can in a day figure out they're soulmates and in a few years playing house together they discover they hate each other's guts.
Are you using duality to refer to similarity, or are you using duality to refer to compliments?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Theory that opposite types are attracted
I don't buy this. I'm most attracted to adjacent types: INFPs, INTJs, ENTPs. Opposites attract is a piece of conventional wisdom that doesn't hold much water for me.

misanthropex6

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
8w7
I don't buy this. I'm most attracted to adjacent types: INFPs, INTJs, ENTPs. Opposites attract is a piece of conventional wisdom that doesn't hold much water for me.
I think it's all bullshit, dude. I can hate one INFJ and love another. It goes beyond simple cognitive patterns. Same goes for all other types, at least on my watch.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it's all bullshit, dude. I can hate one INFJ and love another. It goes beyond simple cognitive patterns. Same goes for all other types, at least on my watch.
Well, yes, they're not all the same. I'm just saying that there are a lot of theories out there saying that I should be attracted to ESFJs (or ENTJs!) and I don't buy it.

I think it's that I'm a weirdo, a rare specimen, and that I feel comforted around people who are at least a little like myself.

Last edited:

misanthropex6

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
8w7
Well, yes, they're not all the same. I'm just saying that there are a lot of theories out there saying that I should be attracted to ESFJs (or ENTJs!) and I don't buy it.

I think it's that I'm a weirdo, a rare specimen, and that I feel comforted around people who are at least a little like myself.
could be. In my case it should be attraction to ISTJs, and I will not lie, the idea sounds good: a Se to motivate a Si to do better, a Si to calm a Se when it is not wise to be forceful. Ti to give depth and thinking outside the box to Te, Te to give organization and practicality to Ti. The functions of two people complementing each other is in theory a nice way for a couple to achieve great things together, but in reality we all know better. That being said, I would find an ISTJ lady's personality sexy probably. My two girlfriends I had were INFP and ESFP.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
could be. In my case it should be attraction to ISTJs, and I will not lie, the idea sounds good: a Se to motivate a Si to do better, a Si to calm a Se when it is not wise to be forceful. Ti to give depth and thinking outside the box to Te, Te to give organization and practicality to Ti. The functions of two people complementing each other is in theory a nice way for a couple to achieve great things together, but in reality we all know better. That being said, I would find an ISTJ lady's personality sexy probably. My two girlfriends I had were INFP and ESFP.
I'm wondering about how physical illness and how that might affect different types. My dad is an ISTJ who is unfortunately not doing well right now. Have any of your girlfriends been unfortunate enough to be beset with physical illness?

misanthropex6

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
8w7
I'm wondering about how physical illness and how that might affect different types. My dad is an ISTJ who is unfortunately not doing well right now. Have any of your girlfriends been unfortunate enough to be beset with physical illness?
Actually yes. Both of them. INFP was depression and ESFP was anxiety. It didn't change them much, both of them was very expressive with their problems and I helped with what I could, maybe because they had high Fi, I don't know how a tertiary Fi like ISTJ would do though, they would probably hide their problems more, maybe become lazy and deny their responsibilities for some alone time.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lowkey agree, because people relate to experiences more than thought patterns/functions. Two people who have experienced something together, regardless of type, will have more of a relationship than two strangers with similar or opposite cognitive functions.