• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you like what type you are?

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I like who I am.

That was my first thought too.

I wondered. Why not ask 'Do you like your self?' Instead of 'Do you like your type?'

But then I quickly came to my senses, and remembered that I was on typeology central where we confuse our selves with our masks.

So why not cut to the chase and rename this thread 'Do you like the mask that you hide your self behind?'

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That was my first thought too.

I wondered. Why not ask 'Do you like your self?' Instead of 'Do you like your type?'.

But then I quickly came to my senses, and remembered that I was on typeology central where we confuse our selves with our masks.

So why not just cut to the chase and rename this thread 'Do you like the mask that you hide your self behind?'

A-

You left out the bits about the children, the cognitive dissonance, and the global tribe.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yes, I'm immune to deception, peer pressure, and runaway emotions and desires. It's nice to be in complete control over oneself. I see things so clearly; it makes life so much easier.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like my type in theory but not in practice. As in, I like the idea of the idea. I like the far removed thing. Thing. I like things. I don't know. :shrug:

Gawain

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to wish I was an ESFP. When I was a kid, I was very aware of which role-models I had chosen for myself and how I wanted to react to things. It was frustrating to find out I was still an INFP after all that hard work. But as I learned more about MBTI, I realized it just describes one's nature and way of understanding the world. I can still choose to act or think any way I want. I like being an INFP, but I will always continue to learn and grow in a direction that happens to look like a stereotypical ESFP from the outside. I will also continue to learn and grow as an INFP, naturally, because that is how my brain is wired. But I will never behave as a stereotypical INFP, because I do not wish to.

Oleni

MBTI Type
INFP
In all honesty, at first I didn't accept it, but know I'm starting to like it. I know the reason, though.
I even mistyped myself three times because of that (and because I just knew about the stereotypical INFP too, ha).

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
If the question is do I like who I am. Sure

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Ever since I had the official diagnosis of INTPness I've been more comfortable in my own skin. It explains a lot about why I do things in the way I do.

That being said, sometimes it seems as if I do slip into other modes, albeit temporarily. If I had control of it, I could be the Shang Tsung of MBTI.

I do sometimes envy other types too.

Opal

MBTI Type
ENTP
It took some time to come to terms with being type-fluid, but I've come to appreciate myself in ways I never did before I found Jung.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Aside from the maddening perfectionism and frequent inability to express what I'm feeling, yeah, I like being an INTJ.

I've even stopped trying to overcome the negative stigma about INTJs being evil puppetmasters. Who cares what anyone else thinks, anyway?

It's irrelevant data.

á´…eparted

passages
It's irrelevant data.

Oh I so disagree. Knowing what other people think of you can be immensely useful. It's served me very well since I was a child. It's part of the reason I put concerted effort into (covertly) finding out.

Though I agree that caring too much what other people think, in the sense that it effects your self-esteem or leads to detrimental behavior, is bad.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes I feel bored always identifying with one type, and it could feel energizing to see oneself through a different lens. I identify with Jung's description of Ni, but not so much with MBTI descriptions of INFJ, so I don't tend to be all that attached to it. I probably like all the NFs equally, although ENFJs can feel too intense at times.

Edit: If I could type myself, I'd say I'm an MBTI mutant type of Ni-dom Ne-aux. It defies the system and yet explains everything. :D

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
INTP, ENTP, ENTJ.
Those are the 3 best types ever.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh I so disagree. Knowing what other people think of you can be immensely useful. It's served me very well since I was a child. It's part of the reason I put concerted effort into (covertly) finding out.

Though I agree that caring too much what other people think, in the sense that it effects your self-esteem or leads to detrimental behavior, is bad.

It can be useful, but sometimes you shouldn't factor that in. Other times you should.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say my own view of myself, i.e. my personal integrity and morals, matters much more to me than the opinion of others. I think, 'Would I be able to live with myself or respect myself if I said or did this or that?'

Or as the great Dwight Schrute would say, "Before I do anything, I ask myself, 'Would an idiot do that?' And if they would, I do not do that thing."

I suspect it's all part of that damnable INTJ tendency to have impossibly high expectations of oneself.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
It's not so much an issue of dislike but of doubt. I still feel some ISFP in these bones.

Sunflower_Moon

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sp
No, I don't wish I were a different type. I'm not positive of my type now, but I don't like the idea of thinking the grass could be greener on the other side. I think every type and every individual in general has their struggles in life, so I'd rather stay who and what I am rather than open a can of worms I may not want to get into :D I can deal with who I am. . .maybe I couldn't years ago, but I learned about myself and to love and accept myself. I like the life experience, but again, maybe it's because I love all of that philosophical and psychological things. I'm not completely positive that I'm an INFJ, but the more tests I take and the more I'm reading about the cognitive functions, characteristics of types, etc., I feel more like I am one, but that still remains to be figured out. It can be really hard to be misunderstood (this bothers me the most), or to have trouble with initiating conversations, etc., but I like the positive side of my personality as well...be happy with what I have rather than what I don't have. I can't change my personality, so I just embrace it. :)

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
There is a test on similar minds assessing this. My real type is ENFP, quite close to INFP. My ideal is INTJ apparently. Really I wish I was an INTP. I guess I don't really like my type that much. :shrug: