• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do I use Fe or Fi?

gurlfieri

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Reading this forum and especially regarding this post, from what I gathered you seem very ISFP to me. Which would mean you use a dominant Fi.

With you making decisions internally and self-based(which does not make you selfish btw, it makes you human! Nothing wrong with that), and also you wanting to come across as considerate to other people(probably due to the fact, and correct me if i'm wrong, you preferring to avoid confrontation and criticism at all costs) seems very Fi to me!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What have you read about the functions? I don't think we know anything aside from the fact that you're confused, with some vague hints. A quick google search brought me to the MBTI official site, here is a simple definition-

Extraverted Feeling: Seeks harmony with and between people in the outside world. Interpersonal and cultural values are important.

Introverted Feeling: Seeks harmony of action and thoughts with personal values. May not always articulate those values.

baccheion

Which typically comes first for you: work, or play?

Which describes you better: carefree, or intense?

Which best describes your political beliefs: liberal, centrist, or conservative?

Does it bother you when people are late?

Which do you put more weight in: science, or faith?

Which describes you better: more warm-hearted, or cool-headed?

As a personality, are you more passive, active, or balanced?

Are you generally able to forgive and forget?

Do you like dogs? Would you consider owning a dog as a pet?

How much would you enjoy hosting a big, crazy party?

Are Goth chicks more sexy, or more lame?

How do you feel about kids (precious, okay, revolting, indifferent to them)?

Could you date someone who was really quiet?

Which of the following types of intelligence do you most value: logical/mathematical, social/interpersonal, or visual/spatial/artistic?

How shy would you say you are?

When deciding what is right and wrong are you more emotional, logical, religious, or something else?

Outside of work and school, how inclined are you to investigate something that interests you?

When it comes to right and wrong, which of the following has the greatest impact on your belief system: religion, family/friends, laws, or self interest?

Which word describes you better: private or social?

When planning future activities with your significant other(s), do you generally like to take the lead?

Is the left or right hemisphere of your brain dominant?

Do you typically speak and write in a clear, precise manner?

How often do you try new things (food, activities, music, whatever)?

Do you mind getting really dirty working/playing outside?

When facing a complicated situation, can you easily put yourself in another person's shoes and consequently see things from his or her point of view?

Do you care about other people's suffering?

Are you annoyed by people who are super logical?

Are you almost always on time?

Which do you cause more of: order, or chaos?

Would speaking in front of a large group make you nervous?

How frequently do you drink alcohol?

Are you careful with your money?

Which of the following has the biggest influence on your behavior: reason/observation/empiricism/trial-and-error, tradition/faith/upbringing/heritage, or emotion/intuition/instinct?

How important is it that your partner be willing and able to participate in meaningful philosophical conversations?

If you had to choose one, which would you rather have: great sex, great friends, great love, or great ideas?

Which is worse: being too much of a dreamer, or too cynical?

What size party would you prefer to attend: a few close friends, 5 - 20 people, 20 - 100 people, or more than 100 people?

How do you feel about germs: obsessed (you bleach anything you can't trust), careful (you wash my hands and cover your sneezes), polite (you always wash up when someone's watching), or unconcerned (you don't actively lick doorknobs)?

How high is your self confidence: very high, higher than average, average, or below average?

How much do you procrastinate?

If someone asked what "wherefore" in the line “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” meant, what would you respond with: why, where, how, or who cares / wtf?

In a conversation are you usually listening or waiting to speak?

Do you ever feel socially awkward?

Do you space out or daydream a lot?

How frequently do you go out of your way to make others feel appreciated?

Do you like to be the center of attention?

Are you attracted to dangerous situations?

Are you likely to make long, friendly conversation with strangers?

Could you date someone who was really messy?

Do you usually blurt things out, or do you think carefully before speaking?

Which of the following characters best represents your personality: Garfield (apathetic and sarcastic), Bugs Bunny (creative & versatile), Batman (quiet problem-solver), or Mickey Mouse (cheery & energetic)?

If a photographer approaches you on the street and asks to take your picture, do you pose for them or politely refuse?

If you were going away for two weeks, when would you start packing: at least 2 days before, the day before, the same day, or not at all?

Do you pick up after yourself (always, when you have the time, no, or someone else does it)?

Would you be willing to adopt a child?

Do you enjoy finding out what makes things work the way they do?

How often are you open with your feelings?

Do you prefer your social plans settled and decided, or tentative?

Are you more cheerful (have a positive outlook), meh (have ups and downs), or annoyed ("the world sucks")?

How open are you to trying new things in bed: very (will try anything once), open (but not too crazy), hesitant, or not at all?

Do you often have a hard time thinking of things to talk about?

Do you believe reason is more important than emotions in solving problems?

In which climate zone would you prefer to live: tropical (love the heat), mediterranean (warm, but not too hot), temperate (everything in moderation), subarctic (love the cold and snow)?

Could you date someone who needs a great deal of alone time?

Do you keep a budget (of your finances)?

Are you an intellectual (loves learning for its own sake)? Do you find learning boring?

Are you more talented, or hardworking?

Can you name five living poets and the title of one book by each? Poets, but not titles? Five Poets, even if dead?

Which of the following if your greatest motivation in life thus far: love, wealth, expression, or knowledge?

Do you like wild parties?

Would you rather win a Nobel Prize, a Grammy/Oscar/Tony/Emmy, a Super Bowl (or other sports championship), or the lottery?

If your significant other put on a slow song and asked you to dance, would think it was romantic, corny, or not your kinda thing?

Does silence make you uncomfortable?

If a government were brutally oppressing you, would you organize a peaceful resistance, join the oppressive government, escape to a benign power, or break out the .50 sniper rounds?

How messy are you?

How often do you use Facebook?

Dox

MBTI Type
????
are you sure?:D

*not sure if you're trying to confuse me further or trying to help me*

But seriously.. I just don't think I can be a thinker. I'm just so sentimental, and so un-thinker-ish. Sorry for the late reply, I didn't think anyone would continue this thread

Dox

MBTI Type
????
Reading this forum and especially regarding this post, from what I gathered you seem very ISFP to me. Which would mean you use a dominant Fi.

With you making decisions internally and self-based(which does not make you selfish btw, it makes you human! Nothing wrong with that), and also you wanting to come across as considerate to other people(probably due to the fact, and correct me if i'm wrong, you preferring to avoid confrontation and criticism at all costs) seems very Fi to me!

Thanks for the reply! I've considered ISFP too. Could you please explain how you see Se in me, though?

And yes, it is to avoid confrontation and criticism. And for people to not think of me as rude.. Really self-serving, basically.

Dox

MBTI Type
????
What have you read about the functions? I don't think we know anything aside from the fact that you're confused, with some vague hints. A quick google search brought me to the MBTI official site, here is a simple definition-

I don't relate to both of them..

And haha, I have no idea, besides the fact that Fe users' values are objective, and Fi users' values subjective. Same goes with Te and Ti, and for the perceiving functions almost no idea at all, lol.

rmrf

I'll give you some examples of Fi/Fe manifesting to help describe the two for you.

Introverted Feeling is figuratively speaking, that lump in the throat. It is how you 'feel' about thoughts, ideas, things. A good example of Fi manifesting is feelings of guilt or regret. An internal, often silent, emotional response. Your feelings about the world, with respect for values. Fi dominance means things affect you, and you tend to internalise them, and ponder them, but appear reserved on the outside. It is emo-tional over emotional, if you get what i mean.

Extroverted Feeling deals with externalising emotions. It is the ability to connect with others in a 'warm', 'touchy feely' way, to modulate your behaviour with respect to the group dynamic. If you're friends are laughing at something you don't find funny, do you still laugh? If a friend had a crisis and was distressed, would you find it difficult to say a lot, but still feel for them (Introverted feeling), or would you comfort them in a way where you're feelings are expressed outward, like hugging them or verbally comforting them, and then feeling better yourself, afterwards.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm having trouble knowing which I use..

Why I think I use Fe:

-My mood is rather easily affected by people I'm close to

-I use common courtesy words like "thanks" and "sorry" because I want people to view me as considerate (although I probably am not)

-In front of people, I can hardly hold back my true feelings at all. Even when I try to control it, my emotions show on my face.

Why I think I use Fi:

-I'm really bad at making people feel good. I have this ability to make them feel really awkward. When people talk to me about their problems I get really awkward and try to hug or pat them or try to relate to them from my own experience. I guess I also offer ways to see their situation from different perspectives (Is this my Ne?).

-I don't really consider other people's emotions when I'm making a decision, I usually only consider how it would affect me. It's probably selfish.

To be honest, I don't understand Fi a lot. Could someone please describe Fi too?

Thanks for reading.

You could look at these pages. They came out of a thread we had a few years ago.

Extraverted Feeling - Typology Wiki

Introverted Feeling - Typology Wiki

Maybe putting it simply - do you focus more on how you feel or more on how others feel? Fi types tend to understand how others feel by projecting how they would feel if they were the other person whereas Fe types tend not to understand how they feel themselves and are more focused on how others feel.

Dox

MBTI Type
????
Which typically comes first for you: work, or play?
Lol it depends. If I'm feeling lazy, play. But if I want to feel more relaxed during break, I would finish my work first then play. It gives me some kind of satisfying feeling, haha.

Which describes you better: carefree, or intense?
It depends.. But mostly I am carefree. Some people would describe me as intense, but that's because they're seeing what I project out. A really quiet and reserved person. In actuality, I'm rather carefree.. But I could see ways I could be intense, too.

Which best describes your political beliefs: liberal, centrist, or conservative?
Not sure.. Maybe centrist or liberal. I had to google what these means to find out what their meanings are, so I might've gotten their meanings wrong?

Does it bother you when people are late?
Depends.. But usually not really, lol. Because I'm usually late too. Unless they'll be walking in front of me to get to their seats like in movie theaters or something, then yep I'd be bothered. Of course.

Which do you put more weight in: science, or faith?
Science. And Buddhism, because Buddhism basically follows the rules of science. I don't believe in blind faith, that's just really... Silly and uninformed.

Which describes you better: more warm-hearted, or cool-headed?
Warm-hearted, I'd say. I'm not usually cool-headed.

As a personality, are you more passive, active, or balanced?

I'd say balanced, though sometimes I get bad mood swings then active

Are you generally able to forgive and forget?
Forgiving comes easily to me because I'm used to seeing things in different perspectives. Forgetting is more difficult.. It's like, my brain stores every single thing possible.. Not that I'd ever put these to good use, though. Usually only to manipulate people.. But shh. I don't do this often. And they'd have to deserve it, and people usually don't. They'd have to be an extreme arse for me to think of getting revenge.

Do you like dogs? Would you consider owning a dog as a pet?
I actually have 3 dogs. I love being a dog owner.. I feel that animals are like humans in a lot of ways. Like they have emotions, and thoughts, motivations.. Wait, humans ARE in the animal category anyway. I'm also a vegetarian, and have been one all my life because of religion. I'd always be a vegetarian.

How much would you enjoy hosting a big, crazy party?
I'd host it yes, but then after everyone reaches, get out of the house and do something else. I don't parties.. I mean it's okay go have fun, but I'm not really into THAT much of a crazy party.

Are Goth chicks more sexy, or more lame?
I'm going to leave this question alone

How do you feel about kids (precious, okay, revolting, indifferent to them)?
Well, it depends again. Sometimes, they can be really cute if they're quiet. Don't really have much views on them,
besides the fact they're pretty cute. It must be a really large responsibility to take care of one though, and I don't think I'd be up to it.

Could you date someone who was really quiet?
It depends again. Why are they quiet? Shyness? Introvertness? Or they have nothing much to say? I'd say that generally I'd prefer to date someone who would get me to open up more (I'm kinda shy and quiet IRL) and just get me to be a more confident person overall. But yeah I guess there are many ways to interpret "quiet", so this question is kinda hard to give an answer to.

Which of the following types of intelligence do you most value: logical/mathematical, social/interpersonal, or visual/spatial/artistic?
I'd say visual/spatial/artistic, because I don't really have the rest

How shy would you say you are?
On a scale of 1-10 I'd say 100000000000000/10

When deciding what is right and wrong are you more emotional, logical, religious, or something else?
I'd say religious mixed with logical.. I don't like depending on emotions to decide what's wrong or right, that's way too subjective and changeable to me. And unreliable.

Outside of work and school, how inclined are you to investigate something that interests you?
I'm EXTREMELY interested in Astrology (including birth charts), MBTI, Enneagram, Psychology and fiction books and spent a lot of sleepless nights just reading these materials. So yep, very inclined to investigate things that interests me outside school. Actually, things in school doesn't really interest me much, haha. I don't even agree of the whole school system.. Why must we study Maths or Science? What if we don't want to and find it useless? Why are there structures like schools, and if you want a job you must be well-educated? I just seriously don't agree with a lot of things out there, and you may think of me as pretty stupid. I just don't agree with following structures already set out there by some group pf people. What if I wanted to be something else? It's just.. Yeah, I know, all this might be more than I could ever do, but I can't help but disagree.

When it comes to right and wrong, which of the following has the greatest impact on your belief system: religion, family/friends, laws, or self interest?

I'd say firstly religion, then family/friends, then self-interest. I'm not interested in laws, that's just someone else (or a majority of people)'s view of right and wrong. Right and wrong is much more complex than a bunch of laws.

Which word describes you better: private or social?
Private with people I don't know. But most people are like this anyway.

When planning future activities with your significant other(s), do you generally like to take the lead?
I'd say half and half. But if they'd suggest more ideas on how mine could be improved I'd be grateful because sometimes I can be rather impractical (not caring of monetary costs, locations, timing etc.).

Is the left or right hemisphere of your brain dominant?

Some say that if you control your right side of your body more easily than your left side then your left hemisphere of your brain is more dominant than the right side, and the opposite for the left. I'm right-body side dominant, so I guess it means the left side of my brain is more dominant.

Do you typically speak and write in a clear, precise manner?
I wish I could, but too many times when I try to find the precise word it disappears from my brain dictionary. It frustrates me a lot when I'm trying to put a point across and can't do it without that precise word.. I'd say yes, I try to be as clear and precise as possible so no one gets misunderstandings. Like how I detest how some people define some words for people who asks for the definitions, they're just being so inaccurate that people wouldn't usually get the word. I feel that I need really precise definitions, really fine-tuned, so that we all understand them. Sloppy describers of situations and definitions of words annoy (and bore) me to no end.

How often do you try new things (food, activities, music, whatever)?
Food- Quite often because of my Se-using dad. Always getting my siblings and I to try new things. It can be rather annoying sometimes, lol.
Activities- Quite a lot. I have a broad range of interests and would try new ones.
Music/Books- Nah.. I'm really into nostalgia for these things.. I just want to listen/read the same things again until I get tired of them. Especially good ones. If I've found a really good song I could take weeks for me to want to find a new song again.
Whatever- I think sometimes I'm okay with changes here and there to my life. I get energized by new ideas (so I usually read different types of stuff like astrology then to mbti then enneagram then bouncing around) and if things get too dull I switch to the next.

Do you mind getting really dirty working/playing outside?
No, as long as it's not too long for a time- 30 mins to 1 hour is ideal, but anything more than that I'd be wishing I was clean, wrapped in a blanket and reading a book with a cup of hot chocolate.

When facing a complicated situation, can you easily put yourself in another person's shoes and consequently see things from his or her point of view?
I'd say I can. I'm pretty okay with switching my POV to someone else's, because I'm aware that at times, my POV may not be seeing the whole picture. So yes, I often try to put myself into other's shoes to understand them and the situation better.

Do you care about other people's suffering?
Quite a lot, yes. Sometimes, I get physical reactions to things when I'm feeling too much for them. I have to shut the emotions off if I'm alone in public and don't want to be embarrassed or anything.

Are you annoyed by people who are super logical?
Half-half. If they're logical to the point where they won't take other's emotions, then yes I'd get really annoyed and stuff. But if they're the right amount of logical (which means not overly emotional, which I hate too), I'd love them.

Are you almost always on time?
Hahahahahahahahaha nope. I get into trouble for being late too.

Which do you cause more of: order, or chaos?
In a group of people I'm not comfortable in, I usually remain on the sidelines. In groups I'm comfortable in, I can make situations quite an emotional wreck sometimes. I'm rather dramatic, and need people to validate how I feel. But I'd rather not, as they don't seem to like that.

Would speaking in front of a large group make you nervous?
It depends on the group.. But I think I'd be nervous most of the time, yes.

How frequently do you drink alcohol?
I don't drink.

Are you careful with your money?
Not really.. I usually am too impulsive for my own good. But I'm trying to be more careful with it.

Which of the following has the biggest influence on your behavior: reason/observation/empiricism/trial-and-error, tradition/faith/upbringing/heritage, or emotion/intuition/instinct?
I'd say the first and last ones.. I'm not really influenced at all by the second one. I don't rely on traditions, I believe Faith is silly at times, Upbringing sometimes yes, heritage nope.

How important is it that your partner be willing and able to participate in meaningful philosophical conversations?
Very important.. If they can't be bothered with these sort of things, I can't be bothered by them. Of course, this depends on a lot of other things, but generally I'd prefer a more philosophically-inclined partner.

If you had to choose one, which would you rather have: great sex, great friends, great love, or great ideas?
Great love. Then great friends.

Which is worse: being too much of a dreamer, or too cynical?
I feel that I'm rather cynical myself, but I don't see much problems about being a dreamer, besides the fact that you'll probably be much more easier to fool. I can be a dreamer sometimes, and I think being a dreamer lets you be more susceptible to con-people. Just my thoughts.

What size party would you prefer to attend: a few close friends, 5 - 20 people, 20 - 100 people, or more than 100 people?
One or two close friends is ideal. Anything more than that for a long period of time and I get so extremely drained because I usually try to communicate with every person involved to get to know them better and bond with them.

How do you feel about germs: obsessed (you bleach anything you can't trust), careful (you wash my hands and cover your sneezes), polite (you always wash up when someone's watching), or unconcerned (you don't actively lick doorknobs)?
I think I'm just rather careful.. Sometimes I'm oblivious though. But other than that I try to wash my hands after dirtying it every time, and cover my sneezes.

How high is your self confidence: very high, higher than average, average, or below average?
I'd say average, with swings of high to below average.

How much do you procrastinate?
Too much.

If someone asked what "wherefore" in the line “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” meant, what would you respond with: why, where, how, or who cares / wtf?
I'd google it and tell them. I'd be rather interested in what it means too. I'd love to read old plays and poetry, they give me a sense of the whimsical and magical that I love so much. I'd indulge in those far too much to be honest.

In a conversation are you usually listening or waiting to speak?
Both. I prefer having equally talking and listening conversations, as both parties get to speak, and won't regard the other as selfish/rude if they make the whole conversation about themself.

Do you ever feel socially awkward?
Almost all the time.

Do you space out or daydream a lot?
If I had to tell you the number of times I've almost got hit by a vehicle while spacing out..
But really now, I space out and daydream all too much. Wherever I go, I find it hard to concentrate. Usually thinkings about a lot of things..

How frequently do you go out of your way to make others feel appreciated?
Only when I feel appreciated by the other person do I do this. Which is very little.

Do you like to be the center of attention?
Nope. Just nope. Social anxiety and I don't like being judged by people. No, please.

Are you attracted to dangerous situations?
Not really.. But most of the time, I accidentally put myself in them. I don't really like them, nope.

Are you likely to make long, friendly conversation with strangers?
I think, if they were mentally stimulating enough, I would. If they made me feel awkward in any way at all it's a no. But if they were as willing as me to make a new friend or have a really enjoyable conversation, I don't see why not.

Could you date someone who was really messy?
I wouldn't mind at all.

Do you usually blurt things out, or do you think carefully before speaking?
I usually blurt things out, then cringe in agony for weeks (or sometimes months) about what I've said. I'm that sort of person. And I usually regret saying things.. Sigh.

Which of the following characters best represents your personality: Garfield (apathetic and sarcastic), Bugs Bunny (creative & versatile), Batman (quiet problem-solver), or Mickey Mouse (cheery & energetic)?

Garfield.. I relate to the sarcasm, less so to the apathy.. I usually care way too much. I can be a very sarcastic asshole sometimes, though.

If a photographer approaches you on the street and asks to take your picture, do you pose for them or politely refuse?
Run away!!!!!! Huehuehue xD

I'd politely refuse. I hate pictures of myself.

Why did he even ask me? Did he mistake me for a boar? Excuse me O kind madam, you seem extremely fitting for this barn picture I'm about to capture! Would you like to have your picture taken? I'd be forever grateful! Nope.

If you were going away for two weeks, when would you start packing: at least 2 days before, the day before, the same day, or not at all?

Three days before. I'd be so excited I wouldn't be able to sleep. I love trips.

Do you pick up after yourself (always, when you have the time, no, or someone else does it)?
Pick up? Like litter? Uhm I do it only when I think it's necessary.

Would you be willing to adopt a child?

Besides the fact that it'd need a lot of emotional and mental responsibility, I'd say yes, if I pitied them enough. I don't think I'd be a good guardian, though.. They'd be much more suitable for someone who has a bigger heart. Sometimes, I think I'm better off alone. I tend to hurt everyone near me.

Do you enjoy finding out what makes things work the way they do?
Not really. Except emotions. I'm SO interested in Psychology it's ridiculous. But for things like Science or Mechanics? I'd leave those to someone else, thanks.

How often are you open with your feelings?
I'm quite open with my feelings as long as
1) I don't feel like I'm going to be judged
2) Or that my words will one day be used against me
3) Only if the person(s) I'm sharing with is respected by me. If I don't respect them, they don't deserve to know how I feel.

Do you prefer your social plans settled and decided, or tentative?
Social?? I'd say settled and decided, since too much socializing at the wrong times makes me extremely frustrated and anxious.

Are you more cheerful (have a positive outlook), meh (have ups and downs), or annoyed ("the world sucks")?

I can't decide. Sometimes I'm extremely optimistic, sometimes I'm the most negative person on the face of the earth. Sometimes I'm just neutral. So.. Meh.

How open are you to trying new things in bed: very (will try anything once), open (but not too crazy), hesitant, or not at all?
I'm 14, thanks.

Do you often have a hard time thinking of things to talk about?
It depends largely on the other person. Sometimes people can be so difficult to initiate conversation with. Like I could say 10 sentences and they'd give me a half sentence. Not even 1. Just half. It frustrates me so much.

Do you believe reason is more important than emotions in solving problems?
I'd say half-half.. If you reason out everything, you can be just plain rude and uncaring about other's feelings, but if you rely only on emotions then you're just, imo, a very childish and immature person.

In which climate zone would you prefer to live: tropical (love the heat), mediterranean (warm, but not too hot), temperate (everything in moderation), subarctic (love the cold and snow)?
Temperate, more on the rainy, dark and cloudy side.

Could you date someone who needs a great deal of alone time?
I don't think so.. Nope. I usually need people to be there for me a lot.

Do you keep a budget (of your finances)?
No.. I'd like to in the future when I start working, though.

Are you an intellectual (loves learning for its own sake)? Do you find learning boring?

It depends what kind of learning you're talking about.

If you're talking science subjects, nope. I'm generally not interested in the sciences. Or maths.

But Philosophy, History, Psychology, Astronomy, Astrology, Literature (selective few)? I'd spend my whole day studying about all these, even if I don't get to use it in a practical way.. I love gathering knowledge about things I'm interested in, and would love to be an expert in any of these fields (probably besides History. too much of only History can bore me). Seriously, though, who would find learning boring? Unless you're talking school learning, then yes.

Are you more talented, or hardworking?
Depends what you're talking about (how many times have I said "depends"?). For Psychology, abstract thinking relating to emotions, I'd say I'm rather talented. But for the rest, I'd have to work hard to get to the level I want. Like take Art for example. I'd love to be a really good artist (drawing), but I get this feeling that I need to put in a lot of effort to be good in it.. And I think I'm not passionate about it enough. And I'm lazy, so I never really practice hard enough, then cry when I want to draw something.

Can you name five living poets and the title of one book by each? Poets, but not titles? Five Poets, even if dead?
Actually, I was just thinking of going to get some poetry to read. I haven't read any poetry, but I'd love to. I've just haven't had the time and opportunity. I have a feeling that I'd fall in love with reading poetry.

Which of the following if your greatest motivation in life thus far: love, wealth, expression, or knowledge?
Love. My family and friends are really important to me. I don't think I'd be ever motivated by wealth, it's just too materialistic to me. Expression? I sometimes look into myself and just find more masks.. Not sure if I know what I'm expressing sometimes. Am I hidden deep down, under all the masks I've worn throughout my life? Maybe. Maybe not. Has my own self morphed into what I feel I need to be in order to be liked by a specific few? Maybe. Maybe not. I'm not sure what goes on deep inside me, or if it even exists at all. Knowledge is something of secondary importance to me, I want to find the meaning of life. Why we are all here. I've got a feeling we're here to learn something, and we're all learning different things, yet the same.. But I can't piece it together yet.. I'm constantly trying to form theories (trust me, it's fun) about life. But maybe it's because I'm 14. Many people would question life at this age. Meh. I just feel that Knowledge is very important to me, and I prize knowledge highly, probably even higher than Love, but I think they're mostly tied.

Do you like wild parties?
WILD BOOK PARTIES??? YES!!!!!
No...? Hell to the nah.

Would you rather win a Nobel Prize, a Grammy/Oscar/Tony/Emmy, a Super Bowl (or other sports championship), or the lottery?
The lottery. I can't be bothered with fame. Now, with money, you can do much more things. Like help the needy, feed the poor, do charity, basically you have a chance to be a better person overall. And also, it wouldn't hurt to buy more books, would it..? :)

If your significant other put on a slow song and asked you to dance, would think it was romantic, corny, or not your kinda thing?
Romantic <3
Sorry, I'm just. Ahh that'd be perfect. Mmmm. My kind of thing. I'd love to dance, and the idea of dancing is pretty rad until I realize I have to practice so much then I pretty much go lol nvm.

Does silence make you uncomfortable?
It fucking depends.
If no one is around, SILENCE IS BEST. I AM NOT INTERESTED IN THE PARANORMAL, THANKS.
If everyone is doing their own things and is really occupied and can't be bothered by anyone else, silence is golden.
If people are trying to communicate but fail horribly and are basically being an awkward mess, hell to the yes does it make me uncomfortable.
Silence in general doesn't make me uncomfortable until it gets awkward.

If a government were brutally oppressing you, would you organize a peaceful resistance, join the oppressive government, escape to a benign power, or break out the .50 sniper rounds?
Escape to a benign power. I don't like conflict.

How messy are you?
/10 maybe 7. Sometimes, in random bursts, I'd have the urge to clean up and I will. But most of the time, I throw things around and can't really be bothered..

How often do you use Facebook?
Too often.

Dox

MBTI Type
????
You could look at these pages. They came out of a thread we had a few years ago.

Extraverted Feeling - Typology Wiki

Introverted Feeling - Typology Wiki

Maybe putting it simply - do you focus more on how you feel or more on how others feel? Fi types tend to understand how others feel by projecting how they would feel if they were the other person whereas Fe types tend not to understand how they feel themselves and are more focused on how others feel.

Thanks for the links.. I still relate to both of them.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the links.. I still relate to both of them.

You can relate to both. It's a preference. The last statement in my post is kind of a question - you would have a preference for one or the other. Which would would it be?

Dox

MBTI Type
????
You can relate to both. It's a preference. The last statement in my post is kind of a question - you would have a preference for one or the other. Which would would it be?

Oops, sorry, I didn't read your questions after the links. Dammit.
I think I have a preference of Fi. To understand someone, I have to put myself in their shoes and really feel it. And it can take awhile, it's not immediate, I have to have time to do it.. So when people expect an immediate reaction to what they're saying it's usually very difficult for me.. So I usually prefer talking over the keyboard. Much more easier, and less anxiety-inducing.

baccheion

Here are your results (numbers are the probability that letter is part of your personality type):

Code:
P     0.9796
N     0.8766
I     0.8733
F     0.8321

T     0.1679
E     0.1267
S     0.1234
J     0.0204

If you want to answer more questions, then you can register a dud account on OkCupid, answer 300-500 questions (or more), then PM me the username you chose.

Dox

MBTI Type
????
Here are your results (numbers are the probability that letter is part of your personality type):

Code:
P     0.9796
N     0.8766
I     0.8733
F     0.8321

T     0.1679
E     0.1267
S     0.1234
J     0.0204

If you want to answer more questions, then you can register a dud account on OkCupid, answer 300-500 questions (or more), then PM me the username you chose.

Sorry, but how was it calculated.....?

aqua-soul

MBTI Type
ENFP
me and the op seem pretty similar, based on the original descriptions when it comes to feeling. I too am very confused about Fi and Fe

Patrick

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here's a good article on INFJ vs INFP that explains the difference between Fe and Fi. It's not entirely about that, but if you think "Fi" when you read about INFPs and "Fe" when you read about INFJs, you'll get a good sense of the difference.

Dox

MBTI Type
????
I've been wondering, does anyone see ISFJ in me? I don't think I relate much to inferior Ne, though..

Patrick

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been wondering, does anyone see ISFJ in me? I don't think I relate much to inferior Ne, though..
If you had inferior Ne, I would expect you to admire people who are able to see lots of possibilities and quickly generate many ideas (since you yourself wouldn't be any good at that). It seems to me that in this thread you've been quite welcoming of suggested possibilities.

Dox

MBTI Type
????
If you had inferior Ne, I would expect you to admire people who are able to see lots of possibilities and quickly generate many ideas (since you yourself wouldn't be any good at that). It seems to me that in this thread you've been quite welcoming of suggested possibilities.

Uhm, sorry but.. I don't really understand the last sentence. Did you mean that you see inferior Ne in me? Haha I'm sorry xD I'm really bad with English language structures