• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

deleted

math_insanity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a ILI, I would say that:

1. Relating everything to this bigger picture is generally a trait associated with Ni, but I think many combination of functions could mimic this as well, it really depends if this bigger picture is something rather vague, hard to define exactly, if it is something that seems to be “coming to you” rather than conciously you thinking of it. That would be more like I understand Ni. It would not be Ni, however, if the said picture is detailed constructed and cane be logically inferred from and deduced to.
A difference I have observed between general Ni vs Ti approach would be that people with strong Ni always seem to have this excessive obsession over what will happen in a future, how something will play out, and what issues may arise. They often like to think ahead and make sure that, in a way, they have control over what happens, and that the outcome “feels right”. They may even get images or impressions as in simulation of the event they are planning towards. However, people with stronger Ti than Ni tend to be excessively obsessed over how to better categorise things, and worry abot the logic of different such organisations much often than future play out of events. I must say though that my observations of Ti are limited, since I only know Ti-Ne and Ne-Ti types.

2. This generally a characteristic associated with Ni, intuitively distinguishing archetypes and basing your judgements on their known traits. As you mentioned, the very same happens to me, it only takes few time of observing someone (either conciously or unconciously) until I get the flavour of their personality and I can immediately generate mental scenarios and how they would react based on which category I decided they fit into. Also, I can give a general description of where they may be coming from, their preferences, some general opinions on some common topics, etc.

3. I think the first part describes a very Ti focused approach, but the part about seeing truth from multiple perspective that then are combined to make one universal truth is rather an Ni approach. Probably, I would say, this would be a common Ni-Ti goal, though as an Ni-Te, and thus lacking strong Ti, I would describe mine in similar fashion as well.

Hope this helps