• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Death penalty

gocat

MBTI Type
intp
I don't believe in the death penalty it seems more a case of victimization than actual justice. I do alot of the time believe in longer prison sentences for murder, rape etc. I like pratical solutions like the police in Britain sometimes have a knife amnesty. Simple solutions for complex questions.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've never supported it. It doesn't deter criminals, it doesn't prevent crime either, no more than long term imprisonment. People on death row are overwhelmingly mentally ill, victims of violence and poverty and state sanctioned racism and apartheid.

This isn't some plea to protect murders, rapist, child abusers and so on. It's a demand to start addressing the root cause of crime and for people to start demanding it of their politicians. Not simply ignoring it then crying about crime rates.