• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Borderline Personality Disorder (4 subtypes)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I found this video very interesting. She describes four very different subtypes of BPD. She is a professional clinician, but also says these four subtypes have not been in the DSM, but are in the literature and research among clinicians.

Timestamps from a responder on the video:
1) quiet bpd
2) petulant 7:40
3) angry/impulsive 12:24
4) depressive/internalized 16:11

Last edited:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can relate somewhat to the "quiet, high functioning" type with some depressive/internalized capacity in moments of more extreme duress. This is the first time I have ever heard that described. There can be a way that responsible behaviors can be a direct inverse of the irresponsible acting out in the same way internalizing the hurt is the inverse of externalizing it.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My mom was the angry/impulsive type. When she was having one of her outbursts, it was a little like being next to a tornado. You learned to be careful not to do anything to set her off and just sort of find ways to avoid her.