• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I a six, eight, or three? What is my tritype?

deafcrossfitter

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Hi, I'm pretty certain I'm an ESTJ, but I'm not sure about my enneagram/tritype.

Prerequisites

What age range are you in?
I'm turning 26 in a couple of days.

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?
Anxiety/ADHD.

Main Questions

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.

Well...I think most of life is to be productive, at least in this day and age. However, I want to live comfortably. I dont want to live paycheque to paycheque, I never, ever, want to struggle like my parents did in their childhood. I refuse to eat beans and popcorn for dinner. Wear the same pair of pants every day for the whole week. Rely on food stamps. I definetley don't want that. Right now my job doesn't pay much since I just started and I'm still living with parents, but I want to move out BY MYSELF w/o a room mate. I also love physically pushing myself. I'm looking into body building gyms near my work right now. I used to do crossfit a lot, and there was nothing more exhilirating than falling to the floor and gasping for air.

2. What were you like as a kid?

My mom says bossy. I used to boss my autistic sister around, but it was because I cared about her. I wanted her to achieve whatever she set her mind too. But that's a problem of mine, I don't know when to cool off. My dad said I always looked at the sky as if I wanted more.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?

My dads an ISTJ. He can be bossy like me, or give unwarranted advice, which I abhor and am working on myself to not give to others. I absolutely hate when he or anyone else tries 'controlling' me. My mom is an ESFP, I'm pretty sure. Sometimes we butt heads because she's soooo focused on relaxing, or even cooking a certain way, and I'll take over. I love my mom.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?

Probably equality, independence to make my own decisions, incorporation, justice, pride, curiosity...

I hope to never be reliant on anyone for money. That scares me. I have an aunt like that, she's literally the worst person alive.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?

When I was a child, I was fearful an intruder would break in so I hid a knife under my bed and locked my bedroom door and window. Not necessarily.

6. a.) How do you see yourself? In a fluid sense. I think I'm fat right now physically, but I know this is something I can work on so who cares. In a metaphysical sense, I feel like I grab life by the horns?
b.) How do you want others to see you? Ugh, I'm self conscious sometimes of how I can come off. I worry about being too bossy; but it feels so good telling others what to do.
c.) What do you dislike the most in other people? Selfishness/greediness/stupidity.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others.1
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you 2
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else. 3

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?

This is a vague question. I guess the wandering mind takes me to how am I going to improve my financial situation? How am I going to reach my goals physically and mentally? How can I be a better son? Brother? Uncle?

9.What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Whenever I achieve something. No, not that. Probably when I can crush goals. I wouldn't say I like the applause that comes with it. Does that make sense?

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:
a.) anger - Again, when people control me or others. When people yell at me. When people are passive aggressive, or hide something. Are late, don't keep their promises, etc.
b.) shame - When I see someone better off than me.
c.) anxiety - When I think of where I could be in life.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress - I panic sometimes, it makes me nervous TO BE nervous. I try to deny it and push it down, or keep busy to avoid it.
b.) negative unexpected change - this can stress me out or dissapoint me. But I try to work around it.
c.) conflict - I wouldn't say I thrive on it but I'm actually comfortable with it since most things deemed as 'conflict' need to be discussed.

12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why? Leader, it feels easy.
b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why? I try to ask everyone what they feel comfortable doing and get their inputs before making a decision for the group.
c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why? Yes, I'm not sure. I've always argued when someone tried to control me and resist it.

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
Their intentions.

14. Comment on your relationship with trust.
It definetley has to be earned.

15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire?
I was raised non denominational. Still am that way.
Optional Question (due to personal nature)

Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

Extra Questions

Which of the following temptations do you find yourself acting upon the most? (And briefly state why)

- To constantly push yourself to be “the best”
- To be without needs, well-intentioned
- To replace direct experience with concepts
- To have an extreme sense of personal moral obligation
- To think that fulfillment is somewhere else
- To cyclically become indecisive and seek others for reassurance
- To overuse imagination in searching for yourself
- To avoid conflicts and asserting yourself
- To consider yourself entirely self-sufficient