• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Super confused, need help figuring out my MBTI type

Jerry

Alright, well here I am attempting to figure out this cognitive functions. I think I understand the cognitive functions fairly well, I just have a hard time understanding real world applications of how they look and am not entirely sure which ones I personally use in my everyday life.

For starters, I have been interested with Myers Briggs for a few years, I think what originally had me interested in it was truthfully mental health issues and trying to figure out myself, growing up I always saw what I wanted to be and tried to imitate it, badass from a movie, someone I looked up, I should be this way if I want to pursue this career, things of that nature.

When I first took the test, I scored INTJ, which truthfully at the time I could relate to but when I looked at profiles online and cognitive functions I wasn't entirely sure if it was a good fit or not, since then I have changed back and fourth between that and have been probably every type thus far which is super confusing. I think I'm an introvert but looking at cognitive functions I have a hard time figuring out which ones I can relate to the most. I have attempted taking the tests and have a really hard time relating to them, I've filled out questionnaires and they always get different results, I'm just really confused and really want to just find a type that I can settle with and not doubt myself on... am I just thinking too hard on this system? I'm starting to think that I'm trying to simplify something thats already super complex, as in personality, but truthfully that just drives me a little more crazy because so many online and in real life seem to be able to relate perfectly to some of these profiles.

Maybe its my enneagram which I'm fairly sure is 6w5, but it could possibly be a 5w6, I lean towards 6w5 because I do have anxiety issues and I have a really hard time trusting people but at the same time I can be very analytical and driven to defend others sometimes.

If anyone could help me figure out my type or how I should go about finding my type because I think I'm doing it wrong or any other thoughts I would greatly appreciate it.

Monster

Enneagram
5w4
I'll try to figure out your type , at First , do this test Jungian Cognitive Function Quiz , and post the result , after that , you can find a lot of questionnaires in this forum , do one of them , try to be natural and authentic , and it will be easy to find your type.
So you think you're introverted , we can say IXXX , do you think you rely more on feelings or in logical thinking when you have to do a decision ?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
IXXX, probably an SJ or NP. 6 is possible.

But yeah, keep talking.

Jerry

I'll try to figure out your type , at First , do this test Jungian Cognitive Function Quiz , and post the result , after that , you can find a lot of questionnaires in this forum , do one of them , try to be natural and authentic , and it will be easy to find your type.
So you think you're introverted , we can say IXXX , do you think you rely more on feelings or in logical thinking when you have to do a decision ?

Personal concepts
1. What is beauty? What is love? Beauty to me is taking in something that arouses positive emotions, love is enjoying something very much to the point of near or total obsession.

2. What are your most important values? Probably honesty and loyalty to family and friends and other commitments. Integrity is another value that I try to uphold, of course I'm not a perfect angel but I do try.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place? I consider myself agnostic who thinks Jesus was a chill dude. I have always felt uncomfortable in churches and because of that avoid them. I consider myself agnostic because I do pray and have faith but I can't really consider myself a devout Christian.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you? I've always had a strong respect of the Military, growing up I wanted to join and I still think I do but lately its been on my mind because most countries will go to war over money and profit instead of defending or protecting people who can't defend themselves.

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why? Working out, some topics in history, some politics, music, I'm pretty diverse though, if its interesting I'll listen.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body? I enjoy working out, but mostly I workout because it gives me an outlet for anxiety and it makes me feel good about myself. I think health and medicine can be interesting but often its depressing because its more focused on illnesses that people have no control over.

7. What do you think of daily chores? If it has to be done then I'll do it, if I can do it by myself the better, I have a hard time working and concentrating with people in the background making noise or doing anything. But sometimes I don't mind doing chores, it can be relaxing.

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome. I am reading and also watching Game of Thrones. I really enjoy How I Met Your Mother, just really enjoy that show, I like watching New Girl, I enjoy Walking Dead. I think mostly I read magazines, articles online, stuff of that nature. Growing up I loved reading and was a huge bookworm but once I got a computer I just started to read more online stuff, I might try and change that once I get through College where I feel like I'm already reading all the time.
9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why? I cried really hard when my cat passed away, not immediately but the next morning. The ending of How I Met Your Mother didn't make me cry but I had really strong emotions that kept me up most of the night, generally I don't cry I just feel really strong emotions. Comedies can make me smile, laughter and jokes, other than that I guess I don't really smile that much, its too awkward for me.

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging? I really enjoy hiking, once I get above tree level and the breeze and air just feels good, its really easy to lose yourself. I enjoy beaches too, my only real problem with beaches though is that they can be crowded but I do love the smell of ocean. I think I do desire a sense of belonging, most groups even in my family sometimes its easy for me to distance myself and feel like an outcast to some extent, I think I'm kind of just used to it though.

Evaluation & Behavior
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself? Not a lot of self-confidence, anxious, anger issues, slacker, indecisive.

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself? Loyal, committed, CAN BE a hard worker, modest.

13. In what areas of your life would you like help? Relationships, I have a hard time talking to girls I'm interested in. I would also enjoy help in just enjoying life, I'm in College and currently I'm just hoping that after life is more enjoyable because I kind of hate it.

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it. Right now in College I feel stuck in a rut, technically I'm a history major but I'm still very much not sure what I want to do or be when I get out of College. I think mostly what causes my ruts is just anxiety and the worry of failure or messing up, I know that failure is a good thing in the way that you recover and it makes you a better person but I think I take it harder than most. My reaction, overthinking on it and trying to distract myself when it becomes too unbearable.

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with? I admire selflessness, I dislike selfishness. I am not entirely sure what types I get along with, I have one friend who I think is an INTJ or at least that's what he got on the test and we get along very well. We don't talk a lot but when we do its fairly meaningful. I don't mind extroverts if I want to hangout but I have a really hard time with the whole small talk thing. I'm really bad at typing people that's why I am having a hard time with the question.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner? The idea of a romance is intriguing and has honestly been on my mind since I was a child. But truthfully, I'm really bad at the whole dating thing and letting people close to me. I have a hard time talking to people in general, I get really nervous around people I like and am petrified of saying something wrong or getting rejected. I'm not entirely sure what I want in a partner, most of the time I think they're attractive and I focus on the good traits, I guess good traits would be caring about their health and looks, and being intelligent, if they're smarter than than me the better, but honestly, just someone I can enjoy being around and commit myself to.

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why? I think my main concern would be to support them, to be there as much as I can, to try and be a good parent and to try and teach them how to be a good person without controlling them. I think being a parent is a challenging thing, and I have had people tell me they think I'd be a good parent because I would try and I think really that's all you can do, it sounds easy but a lot of people I feel don't try as hard as they should.

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction? Depends on the friend and the belief, most of the time I think I can shrug it off outwardly, I might be more annoyed inwardly than I let on but its really hard to push me to a point where I have a strong angry reaction. If I was driven to that point then I am undoubtedly a stubborn angry asshole, I overreact and take things farther than I think they need to go.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one. I don't really think I'm close to society, I know that its flawed, that people are flawed and I have a hard time wanting to be controlled by society or whatever. I think a lot about the flaws of our current society and sometimes it boils down to consumerism and having more than we need. A good quote that I think about sometimes is "We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like". I also see governments as mostly caring more about money than people most of the time, and its troubling and it makes me angry to think about.

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them? Most of my friends I choose based off how I feel hanging around them, I'd say humor is pretty cool, but also the ability to have a conversation beyond small talk is cool too. Around them I'd say I'm either goofy, or listening intensely, I zone out a lot too and most of the time don't talk much, but when I do talk a lot its generally because I'm comfortable and relaxed.

21. How do you behave around strangers? I'm very quiet, I keep a distance and if I talk to them its generally really awkward or at least it feels that way to me.

And here are the results from that quiz.

Your Cognitive Functions:
Introverted Feeling (Fi) |||||||||||| 5.39
Introverted Sensation (Si) |||||||||||| 5.16
Extroverted Thinking (Te) ||||||||||| 4.7
Introverted Thinking (Ti) |||||||||| 4.38
Introverted Intuition (Ni) ||||||| 2.945
Extroverted Intuition (Ne) ||||||| 2.65
Extroverted Sensation (Se) |||| 1.4
Extroverted Feeling (Fe) |||| 1.23

Your Introverted Sensation (Si) is very developed.
Your Introverted Feeling (Fi) is very developed.
Your Extroverted Intuition (Ne) is moderate.
Your Introverted Intuition (Ni) is moderate.
Your Introverted Thinking (Ti) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Thinking (Te) is moderate.
Your Extroverted Sensation (Se) is low.
Your Extroverted Feeling (Fe) is low.

Based on your cognitive functions, your type is most likely:
Most Likely: INFP
or Second Possibility: ISTJ
or Third Possibility: ESTJ

Last edited:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You strike me as a Fi-dom; you seem like a deeply emotional person (in a good way, of course!), and the whole "trying to figure out myself thing", while it could apply to anyone, in your case just makes me feel like it's Fi. INFP, perhaps?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ISTJ would be my second guess. Same functions, different order.
Do you relate more to Te or Fi?

Jerry

I think I relate to Fi more but than Te. The only Te thing I think I can relate to is that I can be very goal-oriented, often this only lasts so long before I let it go though, but otherwise I'm generally really disorganized and have a hard time keeping track of things. I'm not opposed to ISTJ though, I can relate to Si pretty well, mostly in the way that I can live in my past sometimes and dwell on it, I can be really cautious and I do think of what has worked for me in the past when making decisions.

Jerry

First off I want to thank everyone who is replying to this, I really do appreciate it. I feel like I'm discovering more and more about myself through others perspectives and it makes me think more and more on myself and its baffling how input from others can reveal so much.

First off, I know I replied earlier but I've honestly been thinking more and more on it and I just want to state what I think and maybe it'll reveal more about my personality and character, don't worry, I'll try and keep it short and informative.

I do think I'm an emotional person, I think I have always been. Introverted Feeling is something that I can relate to in a lot of ways, I think what gets me the most is how I keep the vast majority of my emotions to myself, its very hard to describe, I think its mostly fear of what others think, I think its also just too uncomfortable for me to even describe. I can be happy and excited but its pretty rare, most of the time I keep my inner thoughts and emotions away from others. Part of me thinks that maybe I have a weak Fe but integrity and personal values are very important to me and I have had people who know me very well saying that I have a heart, not saying that weak Fe users don't have a heart, but in the context at the time I think they were implying that I would do try doing the right thing and that I couldn't be brutal without tearing my inner self apart.

I think another thing I've been thinking about it how unhealthy cognitive function wise I might be, I've been trying to think what my extroverted function is and I have no idea, I have such a hard time relating to any of them. I can relate to most of the introverted ones but I think its mostly just because they all revolve around dwelling in the inner world and for the most part I feel like I am constantly in my head dwelling, thinking, feeling, its really hard for me to describe.

Apologies for the quick rant, I'm still here to answer any questions or to offer more input, again I really appreciate the replies, they're very informative and I read all of them and consider each of them with an open mind.