User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTJ

Reading some threads on Si/Se and it seems that Si is more introspective. Se is more reactive?

When I recall events (say, a day at the beach) I think in terms of impressions - a vague impression of people doing stuff, how hot the sun felt, how I felt while swimming etc.
    I don't remember people's faces, I remember impressions of them/how I felt or thought during our conversations/how similar they are to people I already know.
    I have to consciously focus on using my senses sometimes. Eg if I tried a cookie someone made and she asked "how was it?" I can't say more than "it was delicious/not delicious". I would need to try another cookie and actively engage my thoughts while eating to give any feedback on the cookie. Applies to sight as well - I've already said I can look at things without seeing them. Sound - I can enjoy listening to songs while having no idea what singers are singing. I need to focus on making out the words. Touch and smell - I guess these are more instinctive in the sense that I need less processing to feel/smell something.

Does this seem more Si than Se to you?

Infinite Bubble

Quote Originally Posted by Rache View Post
    My problem with the test is that I answered almost all of them "somewhat me" - because i can see how each statement would apply/not apply depending on the scenarios. I think I only answered in the extreme "not me" or "exactly like me" at most 10 times. Thus, I'm not sure how that would skew the result, if it does.
    It would have probably evened out the scores more than it should have done. 10 "extreme" answers doesn't seem too bad though.

If they occur in pairs - can i conclude that since I'm so weak in Se, it's likely I'm more of a Si/Ne then, with a more developed Ni?
    I don't know, because the very fact that you are aware of this weakness, could signify that Se is your inferior. If it were any weaker, perhaps you wouldn't be aware of it, as the further down in the function stacking you go, the more unconscious that function becomes. Have you read anything about how the inferior function presents itself, and how each individually reacts in the psyche when one has it as their inferior?

Also, does being a Judger/Perceiver corresponds to having Te/Fi and Fe/Ti?
    It depends on the order. For instance, if you have Te/Fi and Te is higher, you'll be a TJ. If it's Fi, you'll be an FP. As for the other pairing, higher Fe indicates FJ , and Ti indicates TP.

I feel like I used to be a P, but somehow have shifted to being a J over the past year or so. Does that even make sense?
    We all fluctuate, but it could be the recent development of a Judging function, making you look like a J. But I see you having Te/Fi, with Te being higher, so still TJ.

I also agree with the Enneagram 1 typing.

Infinite Bubble

Reading some threads on Si/Se and it seems that Si is more introspective. Se is more reactive?

When I recall events (say, a day at the beach) I think in terms of impressions - a vague impression of people doing stuff, how hot the sun felt, how I felt while swimming etc.
    I don't remember people's faces, I remember impressions of them/how I felt or thought during our conversations/how similar they are to people I already know.
    I have to consciously focus on using my senses sometimes. Eg if I tried a cookie someone made and she asked "how was it?" I can't say more than "it was delicious/not delicious". I would need to try another cookie and actively engage my thoughts while eating to give any feedback on the cookie. Applies to sight as well - I've already said I can look at things without seeing them. Sound - I can enjoy listening to songs while having no idea what singers are singing. I need to focus on making out the words. Touch and smell - I guess these are more instinctive in the sense that I need less processing to feel/smell something.

Does this seem more Si than Se to you?
    Oh, I completely missed this response. I think it's Si. Probably ISTJ for you.

MBTI
    ISTJ

ISTJ does seem somewhat me. Although I must say I don't like the feel of ISTJs being emotionless straight arrows.

Thanks very much for your thoughts, everyone!

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    Have you read anything about how the inferior function presents itself, and how each individually reacts in the psyche when one has it as their inferior?
    I did find a series of threads over at personalitycafe.com and I read the ones on INTJ, INTP and ISTJ.
    And again, I feel like aspects of all three descriptions apply to me, in different scenarios, at different times.

It depends on the order. For instance, if you have Te/Fi and Te is higher, you'll be a TJ. If it's Fi, you'll be an FP. As for the other pairing, higher Fe indicates FJ , and Ti indicates TP.
    Thank you, this clears up a lot!

We all fluctuate, but it could be the recent development of a Judging function, making you look like a J. But I see you having Te/Fi, with Te being higher, so still TJ.
    Are you able to elaborate on this? One reasons I felt I was more P in the past was that I seemed to let things go more easily. Like deadlines - a friend once commented I seemed unbothered by them because I would always write my essays at the last minute - and even then i would be chatting online with him at the same time. I used to be consistently late for appointments too, and thus not be bothered when my friends are late. I also used to be ok with not making firm decisions.

Now that I think of it, all those were back when I was a student. I guess working has made me more aware of deadlines and plans. And I learned to be punctual and when people are late, I feel like they think my time is not important. I'm more anal about having plans for the weekend/holidays instead of just letting the day unflow naturally - because of work, days off are so precious and I feel like I shouldn't squander them.

I don't know, it's not that I feel forced to be more planned and orderly. I see the value of it. But I do wish a lot of times to be just more of a go-with-the-flow and spontaneous person. Sometimes I find myself weighing the pros and cons of choosing between A and B, and I get angry at myself for being so wishy-washy. And then I just choose one of them anyway based on nothing and get annoyed that I'd wasted so much time weighing pros and cons.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

ISTJ does seem somewhat me. Although I must say I don't like the feel of ISTJs being emotionless straight arrows.

Thanks very much for your thoughts, everyone!
    Well, it appears your alternatives are to be an arrogant jerk, or an absent-minded dweeb. It could be worse. You can count yourself among the salt of the earth.

Really, don't get distracted or discouraged by stupid stereotypes. Yes, your posts here and your function results suggest ISTJ to me as well, but the best way to understand your best fit is to read type descriptions, and lots of them, for your most likely candidate types. The right one will start to stick out like the proverbial sore thumb.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...