• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I mistyped?

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Last night while hanging out in Vent (which was fun! I'll be there again tonight) a lot of people seemed to be saying that I am not an INFP. I'll admit it took a while to come to the conclusion that I am one, but now I feel pretty firm in the fact. I've been around the forum for a while (long enough for people to notice me, oddly enough) and was pretty vocal in Vent last night, so I think there's enough to go on, and of course I'd be glad to answer any questions!

So, why am I mistyped, and what am I really?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Last night while hanging out in Vent (which was fun! I'll be there again tonight) a lot of people seemed to be saying that I am not an INFP. I'll admit it took a while to come to the conclusion that I am one, but now I feel pretty firm in the fact. I've been around the forum for a while (long enough for people to notice me, oddly enough) and was pretty vocal in Vent last night, so I think there's enough to go on, and of course I'd be glad to answer any questions!

Hmm. They don't think you are INFP because you are pretty vocal in a setting like an online ventrillo room, which is easily pulled into your comfort zone?

What is this, I don't even? :p

Unless they had more to say than just that, I don't see any reason to belief you are not INFP.

I'm INTP, very high on the introversion scale, yet I talk to groups of people through a microphone many times at work and come off as perfectly extraverted. No social epxectancies or pressures and my introversion in that moment appears unexistant! Well ok, I have to really focus on not becoming entirely toneless though, but that's the only thing. Anyhow, I don't see how "sounding pretty vocal" turns into "You can't be INFP". Although there might be plenty of INFP's that aren't as vocal, I don't see any reason as to why an INFP would not be able to be vocal. Especially in an envitonment such as an online ventrillo room.

note: I wasn't there. I don't do vent, language barrier. Writing english no problem, speaking it is a bit annoying. Although back when I was using vent for an online game almost daily, my spoken english was, apart from an accent, pretty fluent, but now after many years of never speaking english out loud I'm back to being terrible at it. :(

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP

Have you considered ENFP?

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Have you considered ENFP?

I doubt I'm an extravert; I may be more ambiverted than a traditional INFP, but I'm out of place in crowds. I spend most of my time alone or with my SO, and generally thrive in small groups of no more than 7. Besides, while I am an intuitive type, I don't think it's my dominant function.

luismas

MBTI Type
INTP
I doubt I'm an extravert; I may be more ambiverted than a traditional INFP, but I'm out of place in crowds. I spend most of my time alone or with my SO, and generally thrive in small groups of no more than 7. Besides, while I am an intuitive type, I don't think it's my dominant function.

Then you've already answered your own question.

G

Glycerine

From that one night I heard you on vent, I would say at least an Ji dom because of how much you clarified on technicalities in trying to clearly explain yourself. :D

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, the fact that you doubt your type because of one ventrillo session; in which, to my knowledge, no substantial arguements regarding their opinions on your type have been said (I'm assuming that if this were the case, you would have included these arguements in your post here).

Is probable a sign that you are in fact INFP. :p