User Tag List

12 Last

Default ah, so confused...

I took the test two times online with two different tests, and got back with an isfp, then later infj, I usually get isfj although I am seeing a see saw.... am I really unsure of myself? I really want to understand who I am? What do you think?

thank you

zil

MBTI
    INXP

Perhaps you could tell us which questions on the P/J access were uncertain? How are you with routine, orderly life... do you like risks?

MBTI
    INTJ

I think you should take this test: Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes :P

:P because it's what I always bring up in these threads. :P

Thank you, I took the test and came back with an ENFP

that certainly can not be right haha! I don't know... when I scored an ISFJ, S and J were pretty much in the middle not very strong I guess. Their must be something to this? Maybe I just can't make up my mind, I seem to play different parts on different days? Can that be possible?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by LizMusica View Post
    I took the test two times online with two different tests, and got back with an isfp, then later infj
    Ah, good -- I am glad we cleared everything up for you!

Well, you're still young too, and women in western culture are socialized towards ISFJ in terms of behavior (like Enneagram Two's) and so sometimes that can make it difficult to determine type.

So if you think you might not be accurately typed, there would have been influences upon you that would have pushed you into other directions. So then you need to ask what sort of family did you grow up in? What are your parents like? Were you the eldest child? What role did you play with your siblings? What sort of school did you go, and what role did you play there? Do you belong to a religious faith? What tenets of the faith might have impacted/structured your life?

Questions like that, zil.... that is what I would look at.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Ah, good -- I am glad we cleared everything up for you!

Well, you're still young too, and women in western culture are socialized towards ISFJ in terms of behavior (like Enneagram Two's) and so sometimes that can make it difficult to determine type.

So if you think you might not be accurately typed, there would have been influences upon you that would have pushed you into other directions. So then you need to ask what sort of family did you grow up in? What are your parents like? Were you the eldest child? What role did you play with your siblings? What sort of school did you go, and what role did you play there? Do you belong to a religious faith? What tenets of the faith might have impacted/structured your life?

Questions like that, zil.... that is what I would look at.
    I could very well be an ISFJ although my personal beliefes might have played a part in my choices regardless if I act against them at times. I consider myself a christian for about 3 years... I dont have any siblings but my older cousin lived with me for about 4 years while in highschool. I lived in a non-religious family very independent but brought me up well. I never struggled with any peer pressure I was and still think I am able to say no. Although, I tend to be too nice at times and may not say "no." I am afriad for the future, but then I have hope and excitement for the future? I enjoy life and appreciate it pretty much everyday even in a depressed state? I can be quite an honest person and able to share my feelings with others but still can be quite reserved at the same time... blah blah blah hope this makes sense...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Seriously, Liz, that test is useless, and will only make you more confused.

In MBTT, it's perfectly legitimate to type via dichotomies. Functionally, socionics is far superior to and more consistent than MBTT. But let's concentrate on MBTT in an MBTT forum. Essentially, it's likely that you're either confused or just changing from day to day in some way or other. Generally, people will be sure on one or two dichotomy/ies (for you it seems to be Introversion over Extraversion; for me it's Thinking over Feeling), and the rest can often blend. I've had a myriad of results; ENTJ, INTJ, ENTP, ESTP ESTJ and ISTJ. From this, you have to decipher what your true type is. Evidently I'm a Thinker. I score more J over P, and have looked at the dichotomies, and feel that at this present moment in time, I'm more J than P. With E/I, although I might test as I, I think generally I'm more E. My mind might change at some time.

MBTI
    INTJ

that certainly can not be right haha! I don't know... when I scored an ISFJ, S and J were pretty much in the middle not very strong I guess. Their must be something to this? Maybe I just can't make up my mind, I seem to play different parts on different days? Can that be possible?
    To evaluate your cognitive processes test results, we really need to see your results for each of the functions, to see if there are any meaningful tendencies. It is of the utmost importance the results of that test are properly interpreted.

I am new to the mbti tests but I find it quite fascinating. I have been reading a bit and I see that I am probably an infp but also isfj at times. My mom is infp that could be the reason but I definetly can relate to the discription. Unfortunetly I didnt save the last results because I thought they were not me haha I think I may be confused but I definetly am not an extrovert. I wish I was though sometimes.

I think I will try and take it again and will post the results...

thanks

here they are...

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************* (31.4)
    good use
    introverted Sensing (Si) *********************** (23.3)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) **************************** (28.4)
    average use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************ (36.2)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************** (20)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) *********************** (23.1)
    limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************* (37.5)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) **************************************** (40.7)
    excellent use

Summary Analysis of Profile
    By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
    Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
    Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFJ, or ISFP