12311 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Video: INFJ Communication Style

• Brief overview of the INFJ communication style with Neil Ihde, Master Practitioner Consultant of the MBTI.

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Default Video: INFJ Communication Style

I thought most of these suggestions were actually pretty good/spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I thought most of these suggestions were actually pretty good/spot on.
    Same shit people have been preaching over and over for the past 10 years. Nothing special. Not just the video about INFJs. I watched a couple of others too.

Screw him.

Tell us something special I thought.

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    Same shit people have been preaching over and over for the past 10 years. Nothing special. Not just the video about INFJs. I watched a couple of others too.

Screw him.

Tell us something special I thought.
    LOL.

That's true- but I'm saying, for anyone who hasn't been a member here and read thread after thread after thread of INFJs agreeing about this stuff, it's an effective summary. Like, if a new member shows up all "hey someone help me communicate with an INFJ", we can just direct that person to this succinct and painless summary.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

^ That is correct.

Enneagram
    9w8

9 Basic Tips for Communicating with at Least One INFJ.

1. Know what you mean.

2. Say what you mean.

3. Mean what you say.

4. Don't bug me with questions about how I feel; don't expect me to show my "inner" self to you.

5. Don't yell at me, cuss at me, demean me, jab at me with disrespectful remarks, insult my intelligence or call me names.

6. Realize that if my eyes glaze over that my mind has latched onto an idea and I haven't heard a word you've said since then.

7. Don't expect me to make small talk.

***Edited***8. Realize that just because you may "feel" connected to me doesn't mean that I want to spend my every waking moment with you, sleep with you or marry you. (I've decided that this one is a result of being a writer. Readers sometimes develop an unhealthy attachment. Explains why so many become reclusive. Haha)

9. Don't hound me to death with tiny details.
    Last edited by Ene; 08-23-2014 at 04:50 PM.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes LovelySweet liked this post

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post

1. Know what you mean.

2. Say what you mean.

3. Mean what you say.

4. Don't bug me with questions about how I feel; don't expect me to show my "inner" self to you.

5. Don't yell at me, cuss at me, demean me, jab at me with disrespectful remarks, insult my intelligence or call me names.

6. Realize that if my eyes glaze over that my mind has latched onto an idea and I haven't heard a word you've said since then.

8. Realize that just because you may "feel" connected to me doesn't mean that I want to spend my every waking moment with you, sleep with you or marry you.

I second most of this.

And I found the video 100% accurate for me! Seems to be true for other INFJ's I've known as well.

Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post

1. Know what you mean.

2. Say what you mean.

3. Mean what you say.

8. Realize that just because you may "feel" connected to me doesn't mean that I want to spend my every waking moment with you, sleep with you or marry you.

I agree with all of these, and an especially touchy emphasis on 4. I do think some people are entitled to those kinds of answers, but ONLY the people I have let in myself and ONLY insofar as they can restrain their own reactions to not drown out my own (it's an important caveat to being let in in the first place).

Lol @ 6.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I really don't think it could apply to all types. Some types don't mind being micromanaged, some types don't take a lot of time to compose their thoughts and don't need time for it, not every type wants you to show interest in them, and it's not so important to say exactly what you mean to some types. Fi types for example I think are more focused on feelings and can tolerate vague feely sounding things where I would ask 'what the heck do you mean by that?'. An FP might just think you are expressing yourself or get it automatically. I enjoy both expressing how we feel, but I still want to filter it through my intellect and determine exactly what it means, and what we should do about it because I need closure and application.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    and it's not so important to say exactly what you mean to some types. Fi types for example I think are more focused on feelings and can tolerate vague feely sounding things where I would ask 'what the heck do you mean by that?'. An FP might just think you are expressing yourself or get it automatically. I enjoy both expressing how we feel, but I still want to filter it through my intellect and determine exactly what it means, and what we should do about it because I need closure and application.
    I don't think Fi types are more focused on emotions than Fe types - just in a different way. I find Fe types use emotional expression far more for social bonding, which is not something IxFPs do much at all. To me, it just looks like goo goo ga ga noises, and I'm not really sure the point of it.

INFPs in particular are good at clarifying other people's emotions for them, as many others are crappy at that & INFPs practice it a lot; we bridge the emotion with its finer meaning. This is very much giving it a "classification" & "order" with the intellect. Introverted Feeling is rational reasoning, after all. It may seem we just get it automatically because we're good at knowing what emotions mean & probably better listeners too. Active-listening involves a lot of repeating back to someone in different phrasing and then letting them correct that, until greater & greater clarity is achieved. This is not a noted strength of Ni-doms, no, although INFJs are often erroneously called "good listeners".

The other difference is we don't give dictate application or push for closure. We're more likely to "guide" someone towards it, and it's generally because we know half the battle is understanding how you really feel/believe & what you really need/want to begin with. The idea is to create consistency with all of this, which often resolves any negative emotion. After that, options narrow considerably, and the ability to take action is restored since emotional obstacles are cleared.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe