User Tag List

View Poll Results: How do you rate this book?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • * (worst)

0 0%

0 0%

1 50.00%

0 0%
  • ***** (best)

1 50.00%
123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Can You Spot It? Recognizing The 8 Cognitive Processes

Well this isn't a book at all. It was a computer based training course lasting about 8 hours, including video and audio. There is a module for each of the cognitive functions. That isn't in of itself unique. What is unique is that the creator of the course (Vicky Jo Varner) trains you on what to look for to recognize when people are using each of those function attitudes. What exactly does Ne look like? What does Si look like? She will tell you. In addition to quoting Jung, she extensively quotes some of the more well known experts in the area - Berens, Beebee, Nardi, etc. She describes each of the 8 functions it in a fair amount of clarity, using words and visuals. Then on top of that, she provides links to numerous videos that demonstrates each of the 8 functions in action and there are also homework assignments which allow you to practice what you have learned. I loved this course. I learned more about functions in this course than any other place. It wasn't cheap, but I thought it was well worth it.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

This is the first time I have ever even heard of that book.

Wait a minute. Is it a book or an actual course? I'm confused

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood1 View Post
    Wait a minute. Is it a book or an actual course? I'm confused ������������
    It's an online course. I thought it was excellent.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP

$129 though
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

What kind of advice does she give on how to spot functions? For example, I have a hard time identifying Si ... mostly because I'm still not sure I understand what it is ... and then, if I think too hard, I realize I feel that way about nearly all the functions.

Not asking you to give away all $129 worth of trade secrets here, just asking for a general overview of her methods and suggestions with perhaps a couple of abbreviated examples.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    What kind of advice does she give on how to spot functions? For example, I have a hard time identifying Si ... mostly because I'm still not sure I understand what it is ... and then, if I think too hard, I realize I feel that way about nearly all the functions.

Not asking you to give away all $129 worth of trade secrets here, just asking for a general overview of her methods and suggestions with perhaps a couple of abbreviated examples.
    What she does is to thoroughly explain each of the cognitive functions in detail and then there are a bunch of videos that you watch which illustrate the functions. You are evaluating the words that someone is speaking and looking for the evidence of someone using the function. These are some things you'd look for in someone who is using Fe for example:

- People who are concerned about feelings of others
    - People who do things for others
    - Others focused behavior in general
    - They think particular things are right and wrong because that is how people should behave
    - Considering others and the group
    - Organizing to meet others needs and honor their values and feelings
    - Maintaining societal, organizational or group values
    - Adjusting and accommodating others
    - Deciding if something appropriate or acceptable to others
    - Showing consideration for others
    - Checking appropriateness of actions
    - Affirming others

Tri-type 639
    Likes Forever liked this post

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post

SI is when someone looks like they are a slow on the outside but inside are thinking deep thoughts...It's mistakable for NI but goes deeper in the sense that it involves memories and their attributes.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Could you get us a cracked version?

Or video it with a camera?
    Last edited by Cellmold; 01-24-2015 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Forgot my connecting 'A'
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes Doomkid liked this post

Vicky Jo is raking in the cash.
    Likes Hard, Forever, themightyfetus liked this post