User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think that RaptorWizard is an ISTP?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 11.67%
  • No

53 88.33%
First 1234513 Last

Permabanned

I Thought you were entp at first but now i think you could be intp either way you are some kind of xntp for sure .

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    See my comment above.

Why couldn't an ISTP be a massive geek? If hypothetically an ISTP was a geek, how would their thought-process differ from RW?

What if I was someone, like the many on the intenet, who thought that N=genius and S=stoopid, and so I decided to try to sound extra geeky in every post, just so people would tell me I'm like totally iNtuitive? I'm pretty sure that happens a lot (not saying RW does this).

Also by extension, if I'm not a geek, can I therefore not be an NTP?

Or does it only work one way but not the other? If not why not?

Geek may have to do with all kinds of things, also background, maybe autism and such things. (again not saying this applies to RW, just saying).

I think Howard from Big Bang Theory is ISTP, and definitely a geek.

Sorry I think you guys equating N with geek, is a big misunderstanding.
    I left myself misunderstood - it's my fault for not expanding. ISTPs can be just as geeky as INTPs, but I find they display their "geeky-ness" in different ways. I can't really explain further: I can spot the difference, but I can't explain it. As I haven't put up a good argument for INTP, I don't expect others to agree.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    I left myself misunderstood - it's my fault for not expanding. ISTPs can be just as geeky as INTPs, but I find they display their "geeky-ness" in different ways. I can't really explain further: I can spot the difference, but I can't explain it. As I haven't put up a good argument for INTP, I don't expect others to agree.
    I know what you mean.

To be honest I don't see @RaptorWizard as INTP for exactly the same reason - his interests, avatar etc. would all point to "steretypical INTP" int he most extreme, exaggerated sense, but the "style" makes me think otherwise.

One thing maybe influencing me, he uses lots of elaborate language, but I don't know what it is conveying. With an N, I find the idea is usually more complicated than the language, with RW, vice versa.

I think an SP would be more likely to use wordplay, this is why they can make great artists like rappers/poets.

Same with the avatars, I think they are pretty visually creative, not leaving much to the imagination, whereas with a N, usually the problem is the opposite, they would be more likely to have an avatar where it's hard to know what the point is meant to be, because it's part of some whole narrative in their heads which they can't really explain. With RW, it's just like more, what you see is what you get.

So yeah that's my reaosning, maybe I'm talking rubbish though.

In any case I think we can say, that RW is unlike NT or SP I have ever interacted with online or met RL, so maybe Typology is not the best tool to use to analyze this guy. That sounds harsh but I don't mena it that way, often he cracks me up and I would def go for a beer with him.

Alternatively he may be ENTP and fuckin with us all.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

You're just out there, dude. I don't know.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

Infinite Bubble

The main thing to take away from this thread is that we can all agree you have the Ti-Fe axis. It's obvious you're using your own logic and inner frameworks rather than Te. Perhaps the obviousness of your Ti indicates you're in fact Ti-dom. I still think your posts are mostly Ne exploring ideas (backed up by Ti); so ENTP, but INTP is next most likely. For you to be ISTP, your Ni would have to be super-high, and I don't see much Se going on.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    what's the capital difference between those 2 types?
    You should figure out whether Ne or Ni is best suited to you. Or perhaps one the Sensory functions.

Remember it's just a best fit; nothing will be 100%. After all, it's just a theory- not even a scientifically verified one at that.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I appreciate that the xSTP reaction to this (from @KDude and @MDP2525 and @Speed Gavroche) has been "You're too weird and nerdy, man, I dunno."

(I'm inclined to agree, but my vote doesn't count as much as the ISTP vote.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Well, it's fairly clear the only S type even conceivable for me is ISTP.

ESP is off because Se dom just doesn't fit with the out-of-touch craziness.

ISJ is off because I lack of the predictive stability of Si dom.

ESTJ is off because I cannot enforce order like a Te dom.

ESFJ is off because I cannot follow all the social customs like an Fe dom.

ISFP is off because I am not in touch with my emotions like an Fi dom.

But ISTP could be right because they are very logical folks, and I do a lot of critical thinking. They also are pretty quick-witted, and I'm good at coming up with clever solutions to problems. Another tendency is that they can come across pretty harshly to other people, and I offend people on a regular basis. Lastly they are active and independent rebels by nature, and I certainly have displayed those qualities in a giant hive of insects to disrupt the so-called order and frenzy them all. Also note that the ISTP function order includes the TiNi axis, which could explain things.

So ya, the only real possibility for my type amongst those 8 options is ISTP.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    "You're too weird and nerdy, man, I dunno."
    Weird Al Yankovic White & Nerdy HD

Star Wars Gangsta Rap 2

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ Case in point.

Even if ISTP makes more sense than the other Sensor types... Why not N? You seem pretty damn NT to me.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Permabanned

I'm probably one of the best typists on the forum you are xntp probably intp. End thread.