User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

WALMART

Shameful. A soft and silky isfp named sarah seems lovely.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

God. What a blast from the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    She was really cool. I still remember when she made this thread. She was one of those forum members who exuded intelligence and wisdom from every post. It sucked to see her go.

I kind of regret not reaching out to get her contact information or anything before she left -- but that was before I'd worked up the courage to even post a photo of myself on the forum, let alone contact/meet forum members outside of the forum context.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I think you mean "shame". "Shameful" is necroing a 2 yr old thread.

Having said that:

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    I'm simply not enamored of the way many people use psychological type, and am no longer interested in logging in every day to read complaints and generalizations which have no substance behind them,

those who have chosen to use pscyhological type as a weapon to bash "types" of people who have hurt them in the past (and they're quick to label whole types as being a problem, never just individuals), or people who would rather complain about their relationships or communication problems than actually take steps to make things better.
    Never a truer word was spoken.

On The blessblessblessblesster
    MBTI
    xNtJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx

Well uh... there's always going to be people doing shit that annoys you. And pretty much all the time I see people saying things that aren't really logical, for whatever motives. So... sure... people use MBTI to overgeneralize... I don't see how this is a greater issue than all the other stuff people say that are illogical or annoying. It appears to me this sarah got annoyed with something and blew it out of proportion. If I wanted to, I'm sure I could come up with a list of annoying things that people say, and rage quit over it.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

^ Is there a way to use typology that doesn't ultimately result in 'overgeneralization'?

No. There is not.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    ^ Is there a way to use typology that doesn't ultimately result in 'overgeneralization'?

No. There is not.

Yes, there is - given you have the time to conduct about 550,000 hours of research.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    God. What a blast from the past.

She was really cool. I still remember when she made this thread. She was one of those forum members who exuded intelligence and wisdom from every post. It sucked to see her go.
    Yes! I remember her and this is spot on!

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

yeah, @sarah was lovely to have around. I think she would like the forum more these days. Maybe she'll return sometime.
    -end of thread-

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    I'm done reading forum posts for the reasons I mentioned, but I wanted to say I've really enjoyed some of the conversations I've had here, and that I really would rather just privately use type in a way that I feel is positive rather than log in every day to see the same old gripes related to contextual behavior being linked to type codes. Anyone who feels like talking with me about type is welcome to send me a PM (I'll get email notification of it) and I will gladly respond, as I've enjoyed meeting a number of people here.

(I will not, however, be responding to anyone who just wants to start a fight or diss me for being politically correct.)
    The problem with this forum is that everyone wants to argue all the time there have been threads I've made where the sole purpose of them was share my personal experience and they turned into some stupid philosophical argument or debate. This forum was alot better a few years ago now it's kinda gone downhill, too much complaining, stereotyping etc. I don't see a point in why you should leave though the best thing is to just not go into threads you know that are uninformative there are still some interesting discussions to be apart of. People here need to realize that typology is about personality THAT'S IT it's about accepting that every type has both strengths and weaknesses to them that no type is better than one another.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    This forum was alot better a few years ago now it's kinda gone downhill, too much complaining, stereotyping etc.
    She left 3 years ago, before you joined.

I'd also disagree that there is more stereotyping than there used to be. It used to be very negative about S and F functions around here - now it's a little more balanced and negative about everyone.
    -end of thread-