User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    istj

I do everything I can to not fight, but if I have to I take a long time to fight.

1. I just dont get mad quickly enough.
    2. I like to do quality moves and will wait for them to mess up.
    3. My fights get broken up quickly because of this.

I like to be underhanded about it though.
    If Men's Health magazine was true, you would never need to buy more than one issue.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I make nasty comments to everything they say. Turn "party pooper" mode up to 11 on the dial. That's about it...

If you mean physical fights, I don't know. Never been in one.

My main philosophy in this situation is not to waste time and energy on stupid stuff or stupid people. If someone cares so much about something that they want to fight me, and I don't care much about that thing, then I let them have it, in most cases. That thing means a lot more to them, apparently.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I would be more inclined to call someone who feels the need to throw punches over-emotional than to call someone who "wusses out" over-emotional. That's what fighting seems like to me. Lack of control over emotions.

That being said, my response isn't entirely based on "emotional control" but also the understanding that... I am just not built for fighting. I'm not a physically threatening person. I'm a 5-foot-nothing weakling, not athletic at all. I've been plowed over by a 15-year-old before and couldn't manage to hold my ground. I've been in fights with girls my own age when I was in highschool, and they kicked my ass. For me, pacifism is just a product of being realistic. If I start fights, I'm going to lose. I don't really entertain delusions that I would even be capable of 'defending my loved one's honor' in such a situation.

If I were a stronger/more athletic person my response might be be different, but I am not.
    Your avatar and this post are in perfect harmony.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    Oh no, you didn't. Some bitch crossed the line and now it's time to throw down. As an SJ what is your typical course of action when someone has outright insulted you or someone you care about?
    I'll react differently if they're insulting me, vs. someone I care about. I think it's easier for me to back down when they're insulting me. They'll make some accusation about me, I'll immediately get defensive, and if they don't back down (i.e. if they absolutely refuse to listen to reason), I'll assume that they can't be reasoned with and I'll give up -- and if I'm especially angry, I'll make sure I have a good zinger to use as the last word before I storm out of the room.

But if they insult my friends, I will argue with them for as long as it takes for them to either change their minds or back the fuck off.

Never, ever, will I raise my voice with them. My arguing will be very testy and with gritted teeth; at most, I'll seem very frustrated, but never full-out raging. And I will never try to fight with them; I will try to change their minds. When I fight, my definition of "victory" isn't just that they're defeated (although that's nice too) -- my definition of "victory" involves the enemy changing sides.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    Stare at the ground, don't make eye contact, walk away.
    pusssyy

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Both Patches and I are very small and always got overpowered when we were kids by our older and much bigger siblings. That might have some carry over effect.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2W3
    Socionics
    EII

Apparently I can get pretty dramatic, and I spew a lot of fire and brimstone while I rant and rave.
    No surprises there
    a little less conversation, a little more action please
    . captain's blog.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Both Patches and I are very small and always got overpowered when we were kids by our older and much bigger siblings. That might have some carry over effect.
    I'm 5' 11" and being super jaded and cynical makes me 6'. But I still pretty much walk away from the situation with my head metaphorically down.

I remember really clearly this one time as a child I fought back kind of like Ender's Game. This one big fat kid was pushing my tiny body around on the soccer field. After getting tired of negotiation and trying to tell him to stop and calm down, I started counting his pushing rhythm. It ended with him face forward in the ground behind me. I walked away feeling justified but mostly scared about the excessive force. I've never really felt good about standing ground since.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I'll react differently if they're insulting me, vs. someone I care about. I think it's easier for me to back down when they're insulting me. They'll make some accusation about me, I'll immediately get defensive, and if they don't back down (i.e. if they absolutely refuse to listen to reason), I'll assume that they can't be reasoned with and I'll give up -- and if I'm especially angry, I'll make sure I have a good zinger to use as the last word before I storm out of the room.

But if they insult my friends, I will argue with them for as long as it takes for them to either change their minds or back the fuck off.

Never, ever, will I raise my voice with them. My arguing will be very testy and with gritted teeth; at most, I'll seem very frustrated, but never full-out raging. And I will never try to fight with them; I will try to change their minds. When I fight, my definition of "victory" isn't just that they're defeated (although that's nice too) -- my definition of "victory" involves the enemy changing sides.
    +1 for Inferior Fi
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Malice View Post
    Oh no, you didn't. Some bitch crossed the line and now it's time to throw down. As an SJ what is your typical course of action when someone has outright insulted you or someone you care about?
    Truth be told, I haven't been in a fist fight since middle school and even then that was with my older brother. I've been in a lot of confrontations but usually I tend to be more of a mediator for disputes and things like that. People tell me all the time that I have a very calming presence so I guess I'm just well suited for that.

All of that being said, I'll try very hard to avoid a fight if need be. To me it's just a failure for any dispute to have to break down into a fight. If by chance I meet someone who continually harasses me then I'll report said persons to whatever authorities they have to answer too.

I mean, seriously, when I woke up this morning I put on my big-boy pants that said I was going to be a civilized adult so when I meet some assclown I have no issue with telling them that they touch me and I'll files charges of assault and battery against them. Everyone expects me to act like an adult, I don't see why I can't return that courtesy to them as well

Now...how to get me into a fist fight: Physically go after my S.O. or my children. Do that, and you'll need to pray the cops/someone peels me off of you or that you knock me unconscious because I will rip your jaw out and shove it down your throat. I realize this may sound stupidly macho and perhaps even chauvinistic and I don't mean to insult any of the ladies here, but I just have this thing about being a man who protects his woman. It's just how I'm wired but if you go after my woman or my kids then I feel I have every right in the world to smear you into the pavement. Call it nature/personal honor/whatever, I don't really care. It's just who I am.

Of course, seeing as I tend to be attracted to very strong women there's a good chance she'll probably kick his ass looooong before I have a chance too so it may be a moot point
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson