User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 176

  1. #141
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    INFP 7w8? that's an exotic combination. it would explain the bitchy ass ESTJ shadow mode that comes out of my sometimes lol. so now I have someone who thinks I'm INFP, another thinks ISFJ (lord knows how), another ENTJ, another INTJ and another ESFP. in the meantime I still think I'm ENFP (along with most of the forum members) but I would certainly love to be typed as introverted, partly because INFPs just seem classier.
    Like Marm has said before, ENFP's don't walk around with this fragile attitude that only very specific people can approach them. They are very people/ relationship driven. Want to know more deeply into the dynamics of people and want to have relationships with them. Not shoo them away. I actually (sadly enough) see a side of myself in you. Though I see 4, not 7. Someone who is driven by individuality and finding their place. Concern with yourself and yourself only, not others.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  2. #142
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Like Marm has said before, ENFP's don't walk around with this fragile attitude that only very specific people can approach them. They are very people/ relationship driven. Want to know more deeply into the dynamics of people and want to have relationships with them. Not shoo them away. I actually (sadly enough) see a side of myself in you. Though I see 4, not 7. Someone who is driven by individuality and finding their place. Concern with yourself and yourself only, not others.
    my concerns lack the emotions and the shame of the 4. if I do have shame, I certainly don't indulge it like a 4 does. 4s also are very emotional, I'm practically a sociopath. 7s motivations are adventure, hedonism and comfort, these are much more me
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  3. #143
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    +1 again! The ESTJs I know can be tough at work but they're good people and more than willing to listen to my ideas. Then again, being an SJ myself, I guess I just know how to talk to them?
    I think that's it, yeah. In work/business/task-oriented settings, SJs are so in tune with one another. SFJs can really confuse me sometimes (probably from not being friends with many of them), but when we're working together, I know we have the same goals.
    As for me though, I'm just on this forum because I like the people on it. A lot of people seem to have had bad experiences with ISFJs so I just try to take this as a learning experience to see possible weak areas within myself and to see if I can improve them.
    That's a nice way to approach it. Using the MBTI for self-improvement instead of for finding new and interesting ways to stereotype people. A noble goal, sir.
    Seems to be my observation as well, which is a shame but...what can you do?
    Yeah... I guess you just fight the fights you can win.
    I'm a male ISFJ, right-of-center atheist. I'm totally in support of LGBT rights and am a supporter of feminist ideals. Not sure where the hell this lands me on the "traditional" dart board.
    That makes you definitely not traditional. And an excellent stereotype-breaker! Like me and mnestic, being liberal female ESTJs. But again, if no one communicates with us (via the aforementioned thread), no one's stereotypes get broken...
    Oh, and another thing and this is something I mentioned in another thread: it might be helpful to flesh out what it is we all mean when we say "Traditional" as it seems to me that "traditional" is a term whose meaning is relative depending on the generation you apply it to.
    +1. Exactly!!! So many people stereotype SJs based purely on the fact that the only SJs they know are traditional and either middle-aged or old. The teenage through thirtysomething SJs are completely ignored.
    As a male ISFJ, I don't know how to take being compared to Elfboy
    Aw I know how you feel. Honestly, though, of all the people I've ever met, the SFJs have been the least egotistical and the most down-to-earth. So I for one have no idea where that comparison came from.

    And Elfboy has so much Fi and Ne that the only legit alternative option for his type is INFP.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

  4. #144
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I think that's it, yeah. In work/business/task-oriented settings, SJs are so in tune with one another. SFJs can really confuse me sometimes (probably from not being friends with many of them), but when we're working together, I know we have the same goals.

    That's a nice way to approach it. Using the MBTI for self-improvement instead of for finding new and interesting ways to stereotype people. A noble goal, sir.

    Yeah... I guess you just fight the fights you can win.

    That makes you definitely not traditional. And an excellent stereotype-breaker! Like me and mnestic, being liberal female ESTJs. But again, if no one communicates with us (via the aforementioned thread), no one's stereotypes get broken...

    +1. Exactly!!! So many people stereotype SJs based purely on the fact that the only SJs they know are traditional and either middle-aged or old. The teenage through thirtysomething SJs are completely ignored.

    Aw I know how you feel. Honestly, though, of all the people I've ever met, the SFJs have been the least egotistical and the most down-to-earth. So I for one have no idea where that comparison came from.

    And Elfboy has so much Fi and Ne that the only legit alternative option for his type is INFP.
    I agree with most of your post, thankyou for continually bringing us back to the initial topic
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  5. #145
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,410

    Default

    What in the world is going on in here?

    Any type can be close minded.

  6. #146
    Vaguely Precise Seymour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    EJCC's post above reminds me of her very patient explanation to me of the whole ESTJ "of course what I believe is right; if I thought it was wrong, I'd believe something else. So, convince me I'm wrong and I'll change my mind" mindset. It makes perfect sense, but seems so foreign to me.

    I sometimes feel that, as an INFP, I allocate parts of my mind to provisionally believing (or at least seeing the perspective of) the truth the other is offering. It doesn't mean I really believe whatever-it-is to be true, but I can see how it might be true, or could be seen as true. It can sometimes lead to the other person thinking you agree with them, unless one clarifies periodically.

    That ESTJ directness seems awfully blunt and refreshing, once one understands where it is coming from. Hearing "I think X is right" from an ESTJ is not necessarily the end of the discussion.

  7. #147
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    EJCC's post above reminds me of her very patient explanation to me of the whole ESTJ "of course what I believe is right; if I thought it was wrong, I'd believe something else. So, convince me I'm wrong and I'll change my mind" mindset. It makes perfect sense, but seems so foreign to me.
    I sometimes feel that, as an INFP, I allocate parts of my mind to provisionally believing (or at least seeing the perspective of) the truth the other is offering. It doesn't mean I really believe whatever-it-is to be true, but I can see how it might be true, or could be seen as true. It can sometimes lead to the other person thinking you agree with them, unless one clarifies periodically.

    That ESTJ directness seems awfully blunt and refreshing, once one understands where it is coming from. Hearing "I think X is right" from an ESTJ is not necessarily the end of the discussion.
    that's ESTJ? sounds exactly like what I'm thinking when someone questions my opinions. maybe we're more alike than I realized
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #148
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that's ESTJ? sounds exactly like what I'm thinking when someone questions my opinions. maybe we're more alike than I realized
    Of course you are. We're all still human beings after all.

    If you ask me... judging whether you like people or not based on type is close-minded as well. So does this mean that you're an SJ because you're being close-minded?

    Sounds like you just call everyone SJ's if you don't like them. Just because you have ENFP written under you avatar, doesn't mean you're any better than anyone else.

  9. #149
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Of course you are. We're all still human beings after all.

    If you ask me... judging whether you like people or not based on type is close-minded as well. So does this mean that you're an SJ because you're being close-minded?

    Sounds like you just call everyone SJ's if you don't like them. Just because you have ENFP written under you avatar, doesn't mean you're any better than anyone else.
    please read the original post a little more thoroughly before you make that assumption
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  10. #150
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    that's ESTJ? sounds exactly like what I'm thinking when someone questions my opinions. maybe we're more alike than I realized


    What did you think an ESTJ was?
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Similar Threads

  1. [SJ] Fellow SJs: do people see you as "closed-minded"?
    By EJCC in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 09-18-2017, 09:48 PM
  2. Guy has theory for why feelers are actually meaner than thinkers. Do you agree?
    By brown bear in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-03-2016, 12:50 PM
  3. theory on why cats are so popular on the internet
    By prplchknz in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2014, 08:10 AM
  4. my theory on how mass opinion is formed
    By prplchknz in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2014, 02:09 PM
  5. Why SJ types are not as common as many think
    By karmacoma in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-27-2012, 06:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO