• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ's and driving

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Cool .. From a sensor point of view.

Pretty tree .. Tyres feel light on the road .. That client was a bitch .. I am hungry .. Nice ass .. Cool car .. Oh, camera ahead .. Go over the mini roundabout as opposed to round it .. Smile to myself as remembered nice moment .. Check mirrors to check for police car .. I can get in that space .. Oh, it's raining .. What's the engine doing right now ..

I can get lost in my thoughts .. Driving is very relaxing, i find.

I have only been driving 9 months .. I have hit a Jag and a bus, but only my wing mirror, lol

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am a terrible driver. And, you know, there must have been a lot of twisted metal and dented fiberglass for a woman to finally admit that. :blush:

As for the rules of the road, I understand and completely agree with them. I feel they are necessary but I don't always follow them myself. Not because I feel that I am above the law or anything but mostly because I forget or am daydreaming and not pay enough attention while I'm driving.

Yeah. SJ's have great noticing skills and response times.

Technically, SP's would be the best at this.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I know this isn't an SJ thing, but I'm terrible with the right/left thing.

If you want me to make a right or left turn, I need at least a 10 second notice for me to figure out my right from left. If I pulled up to an intersection and you told me to turn right at the last minute, I may go left. Your fault.

Chaolioe

MBTI Type
xNxP
Enneagram
IZthe411- I can absolutely relate to that. Te boyfriend hates that I ask him to just tell me passenger side or driver's side when giving directions.

Saslou- I enjoy your sensor POV a lot--- it still seems a lot more aware of reality though xD. And a bus and a jag is pretty bad. I've totalled my car on a telephone pole after sliding 129 feet through mud, rear ended a ford so badly my sub frame stuck out, taken off half a side view mirror with a mail box.... taken out a mail box... slid perpendicular to the double yellow in snow downhill around a double blind...

I love driving, just not with others in the car.

Giggly- yeah, SP's probably would be the best. But the only SPs I've been in a vehicle with were much more concerned to blasting their music and rocking along with it. Come to think of it, never felt scared with one though. Still SJ driving is my favorite.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
IZthe411- I can absolutely relate to that. Te boyfriend hates that I ask him to just tell me passenger side or driver's side when giving directions.

The worst is a conversation like this:

Me: Here's the street. Am I making a left turn?
Passenger: Right.
Me: Right?
Passenger: Left.
Me: Crash into a wall

LOL please say "correct" instead of "right" in this instance. Bad enough I have to figure out which hand I write with in order to prepare for the turn. Saying right will kill me.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
My dad (ESTJ) is an excellent driver IMO - he drives regularly, has driven in a number of different countries, has never had a road accident and has only had minor/insignificant damage to his car on 1 or 2 occasions in the 30+ years he's been driving.

He doesn't follow every single road rule to the T, but uses a great deal of common sense and courtesy (he's also excellent at spotting speed cameras). He taught my mum and brother to drive and whilst he can be a bit hard on them as a teacher when they make mistakes they both said he taught them a lot more about driving than their instructors.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Saslou- I enjoy your sensor POV a lot--- it still seems a lot more aware of reality though xD. And a bus and a jag is pretty bad. I've totalled my car on a telephone pole after sliding 129 feet through mud, rear ended a ford so badly my sub frame stuck out, taken off half a side view mirror with a mail box.... taken out a mail box... slid perpendicular to the double yellow in snow downhill around a double blind...

Lmao .. Apologies for the laughing, hopefully you was not hurt.

LOL please say "correct" instead of "right" in this instance. Bad enough I have to figure out which hand I write with in order to prepare for the turn. Saying right will kill me.

Lol .. That's cute.

alexx

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w1
I didn't read any of the other posts, but IMO, you guts drive like crap.... if crap drove. However... NOTHING can be worse than an INFJ with something to talk about.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
In my experience you people have very clean cars.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ

I wouldn't be so sure .. Granted i have been saying for weeks that i'll clean my car (inside and out) but i haven't got round to it yet .. IT'S BORING.

I think the fact my car is dirty adds to its originality.

Recently a bloke who washes cars asked me if i wanted it washing whilst i did the shopping .. I thought it was rather rude .. I was going to ask him in a joking manner 'Are you suggesting my car is dirty?' Lol

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ

:laugh: I've had someone try giving me turn by turn directions before, this is usually what they do... although I don't crash into any walls. lol
I don't leave trash in it if that's what you mean. But I don't wash it or vacuum it often.

As far as driving goes, I'm a pretty good driver. I know my limits though. I've never had a ticket and I don't follow all the rules. I sometimes race people on the highway, other than that, I typically keep it about 5mph over what's posted. :)

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
I find your driving very accurate and decisive.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I first started driving, I had a 1995 Cadillac Elderado. The thing had a mini-V8 engine and was built with mostly metal so the damn thing was practically a missile on the road. I am SO glad I didn't kill anybody because I drove like a bat out of hell.

However, after getting pulled over numerous times, I got to the point to where I am now to where I always try to drive the speed limit and to hell with everyone else!

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I don't have a license, and I'm not even planning getting one anytime soon. The reason is I don't like driving a car. Or perhaps I'm just afraid of driving it.

I use public transport a lot, and I also like bicycling every time it's possible.. Bicycles are so much more comfortable, as you don't have to pay attention to rules, driving lanes, traffic signs and parking. Plus it's good exercise too. And very economical.

But probably I have to get the license if I'm to have a family... you can't carry your family on a bicycle. :(

If I'd have a license, I'd guess I'd be an average driving, since I'm all too prone to daydream... but at least I pay attention to rules. :)

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
I don't drive, I'm scared to.
I know how emotional I can get sometimes, and I think I'm definitely a good candidate for 'road rage' if/when surrounded by idiotic drivers - and lets face it, there are a lot of them out there.
Also probably doesn't helped that I wrecked a friends car once while he was teaching me the ropes. :/

yeah...

Malice in the driver's seat is probably a bad idea. :laugh:

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I had the pleasure of witnessing my ESTJ cousin almost get into a wreck when I was visiting him last weekend!

He drives fast and rather aggressively and he nearly rear-ended not one but two cars when they suddenly braked to turn. But he was so friggin' cool about it--he calmly checked the rear-view mirror and swerved to the left at the very last second.

I have to say that I was disappointed--I was really looking forward to gleefully pouncing on him for doing something WRONG. :devil:

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
So I caved and am prolly going to register for formal driving lessons this week.

Eep! :/

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
^^^ Yayyyy, good for you.

I officially hit my first car on Thursday. I was so embarressed and incredibly tired. No damage done though, i just bumped his tow bar :blush:

Also waiting to see if a speeding fine comes through my letter box in the next few days .. I am not sure what the speed limit is on a dual carriageway but i'm sure it's not 92mph.

EDIT - Just checked .. It's 70 .. Opppssss.

I learn the hard way.