First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    What I've read is that the military tends to mold as xSTJ, also. I think FineLine found this to be the case. My father tests as a weak E, getting weaker as the years pass and he becomes more 'himself' - in the Military he was forced to be an extrovert (command officer).
    I would guess the STJ "mold" if I had to choose without having read the thread first. On the field, you need people who are dependable/consistent, who can take orders immediately, and who are not prone to emotional displays or loss of control. You also need people who believe unquestionably (if possible) in the values of the institution. E/I are both useful in the military, though.

Stereotypical example:
    Quote Originally Posted by A Few Good Men
    Col. Jessep: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I would guess the STJ "mold" if I had to choose without having read the thread first. On the field, you need people who are dependable/consistent, who can take orders immediately, and who are not prone to emotional displays or loss of control. You also need people who believe unquestionably (if possible) in the values of the institution. E/I are both useful in the military, though.

Stereotypical example:
    This makes sense. I think this idea is highly dependent on what a person's role in the military is, though.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INFP

ESTJ's are cool, successful (the ones I know) and driven, this leads to a workaholic type situation with some of them, but you got to admire that kind of dedication.

Male ESTJ's are sexy but much as I like all that power in them, I don't think I would survive a long term pairing with one, my "head in the cloud attitude" might drive them insane lol
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Stereotypical example:
    I thought that was pretty good.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

(Healthy) ESTJs are fine, in small doses. Living with one is too much.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    I only know one, my dad. We get along well, better now that we're both older, though. I suspect he was an N before joining the military, however.
    This seems to be the case with me also, now that I'm older and not under more direct control by my dad, it's much easier to get along with him.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I view ESTJ's as going by objective decision making but not objective in perceiving things and others. I think that they are very goal oriented and expect everyone to have the same goals and are status seekers.

I think ESTJ's are hard workers and like following the rules and whatever they think is the best- they want everyone to have and they feel sorry for people if they don't have what they deem as "best". They usually have very yuppy taste. This is very frustrating if you have your own style and don't care what the trends are and what society deems as successful. I think ESTJ's demean people without even realizing it because they can't even see other people's perspectives that well at all. They tend to be very practical and look down on or are incredibly confused of those who are not.

I think ESTJ's are very responsible and feel a sense of duty and can take on the role of mother hen quite easily and tend to take charge. They do not think outside of the box as they depend on the tried and true methods. Female ESTJ's seem to be the bossiest women I have ever met. I think that they feel that, See I have measured up by these objective standards therefore I am the most qualified to lead and take charge and everyone should listen to me. They tend to have high ego's and high ambitions. I admire their drive and dependability.

ESTJ's (ISTJ's second) get me the least of any type. I seem to fail all their pre-requisites for a correctly lived life and they just do not understand me whatsoever.

There are good and bad things about all types- I think for me though-ESTJ's are just built to be my main conflict. There is actually a couple of ESTJ's that I get a long with well and are friends with but there are way more that are my worst enemies mostly because I feel constantly demeaned and belittled by them and am constantly irritated that they can't be more objective in their perceiving others and the world around them. Also I don't like to tell people what to do and I don't like to be told what to do so I don't like types that try to dominate me and also "take over."

ESTJ's I feel want everyone to be the same and I want everyone to be different. I think I am a threat to ESTJ's values. I think I am as frustrating to an ESTJ as they are to me. I don't think ESTJ's are bad people just that we are made to conflict with each other it seems and cannot help it. I don't think ESTJ's are even aware of themselves and as a nonconfrontational INFJ- I am not even going to bother telling them. Even if I did though I don't think they could help it- because it is simply the way we are made= our make up naturally butts heads.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    ESFJ

ESTJs are valiant allies in the war we must wage against all iNtuitards!
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    ESTJs are valiant allies in the war we must wage against all iNtuitives!
    I don't think my girlfriend would like that.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    ESTJs are valiant allies in the war we must wage against all iNtuitards!
    This sounds like something my ISTJ best friend would say. Except that he has enough T to realize that the N picks up where the S lacks and vice versa.
    But that's off topic.

I have a female ESTJ friend and I have a lot of respect for her. She's intelligent, motivated, successful and capable.

However, she has trouble with any kind of abstract or critical thinking. She has a tendency to look at matters as they are on the surface without really taking the time to understand them. She can be snobby and elitist sometimes and tends to rush headlong into projects or plans without taking the time to think them through and decide if the project in question is really such a good idea.
    But that motivation often leads her to accomplish things that I would just sit around and talk or think about doing. It's a good quality that can sometimes get her in trouble.