User Tag List

Page 8 of 259 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask an ESTJ!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

If someone in your inner circle were to surprise you by doing something nice for you, what would it be?

Are you the only SJ in your family? Was it difficult having two N parents?

How do you celebrate birthdays? Do you like to have traditions that carry on?

If you were mad at someone, would they know it?

What kinds of things disappoint you?

If you were picking out a new car, what features would take priority? Style? Brand? Public perception? Economy?...

Do you tend to keep in touch with people who do not live in the same place as you?

How do you feel about talking on the telephone?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ISTp None

How can you tell when you are held in high esteem by an ESTJ? The ESTJ I know is few and far between with compliments and since your feeling function in introverted I'm wondering how this "emotion" gets shown? What should I be looking for to feel appreciated or that my company is wanted?

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    So here I am. Questions, anyone?
    One big question I have is: What's the major difference between how to tell an ESTJ apart from an ENTJ? (besides the sensor/intuitiveness)

Banned Array
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

OP, what do you think of INTP's? Are you a martinet?

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Again, I'm leaving a few of fidelia's for WQ.

Are you the only SJ in your family? Was it difficult having two N parents?
    My cousin is ISTJ. Her mother (my dad's sister) is either an SP or an SJ (probably SJ). I'm not very good at typing people without them taking the test, so I dunno.
    Having two N parents has its ups and downs. On the one hand, they balance me out, so they (almost) always give me good advice. I share J with my mom and T with my dad, so we share that. But sometimes they'll be trying to explain something to me, and I'll have no idea what they're talking about, or vice versa.

If you were mad at someone, would they know it?
    Hell yes they would. If I'm annoyed, I can hide it, but I'm very bad at hiding anger. People have told me that I'm scary when I'm mad, even(/especially) when I'm not verbalizing it.

Do you tend to keep in touch with people who do not live in the same place as you?
    Not really. I feel guilty about that, but I have a really difficult time sustaining long-distance relationships/friendships. It's too hard for me.

How do you feel about talking on the telephone?
    I don't like it. I used to hate it (with a passion!), but I've been forced to adapt. I tend to interrupt people on the phone without meaning to, which is frustrating. I suppose there are visual cues and things that I miss, more so than most people would.

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    How can you tell when you are held in high esteem by an ESTJ? The ESTJ I know is few and far between with compliments and since your feeling function in introverted I'm wondering how this "emotion" gets shown? What should I be looking for to feel appreciated or that my company is wanted?
    Hm... I suppose it would have to be inferred. And it would depend on the situation, and what aspect of you they hold in high esteem. I suppose if they became more respectful of you, that would be one way to tell. Also (and this is a big one), if they defer to you in certain situations. If they stop trying to be your boss, and start letting you be the boss (happily), that would DEFINITELY mean they respect you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    One big question I have is: What's the major difference between how to tell an ESTJ apart from an ENTJ? (besides the sensor/intuitiveness)
    Three big differences I can think of at the moment:
    1. ENTJs have more of a need to be the boss, whereas ESTJs can easily function as both boss and employee.
    2. ENTJs are more prone to rant at you about nerdy things, whether you're interested or not. (Ever watch "The West Wing"? President Bartlet is an ENTJ, and his ramblings about, e.g, different varieties of kitchen knives, are typical of his type.)
    3. ESTJs are more prone to side with tradition and hierarchy.
    Besides that, it's pretty much the difference between SJs and NTs.

Quote Originally Posted by mortabunt View Post
    OP, what do you think of INTP's?
    I like 'em. Of course, my dad is one, so I'm biased.
    It bugs me when they take issue with tiny little details that don't matter, and (I dunno if this is typical of all INTPs, but it is with my dad) how when they're irritated with you, they get very arrogant and disrespectful, to the point that nothing gets resolved.

Are you a martinet?
    This question sent me to a dictionary Great word! I think I am one, yeah, though not extremely.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Banned Array
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

INTP's use tiny details when they want something that is going to apparently be denied. They aren't open usually. Often, because we don't know how to ask.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Interesting. In context with the examples I was thinking of when I wrote that, I don't know if that makes sense.

I was thinking of times when, with my dad, I would have something almost completely finished, and he would criticize something miniscule to the point that I would have to redo the entire thing. But I haven't had much experience with INTPs bossing me around, so I don't know how common that is.

And I'm sorry I didn't counterbalance that comment with a compliment. I made it seem like a huge issue, and it isn't. After all, it's a rare occurance. 90% of the time, I love INTPs. I relate to them well, I think, most of the time, and sometimes they like me, which is even better.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- 'No, YOU move.'"
    - Captain America

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

...Are there any more questions?
    - Captain America

Banned Array
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

Would you marry an INTP?

Senior Member Array WickedQueen's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram